The View From Section 241 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Downgrading the football program downgraded the athletic department. The answer is to take this seriously and stop getting embarrassed.
Ok…when will that happen?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hey Boneyard nitwit. shut up
I’m a nitwit? I’ve been supporting this team for the last 25 years. What is happening now is incomprehensible. You’re the one that sounds like a nitwit.

Reaction Score
I’m a nitwit? I’ve been supporting this team for the last 25 years. What is happening now is incomprehensible. Your the one that sound like a nitwit.

Yes. You are a nitwit.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yes. You are a nitwit.
And you are a moron. I’m not asking for an end to the program…I’m asking for someone to make it competitive. It doesn’t seem to be close right now.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Downgrading the football program downgraded the athletic department. The answer is to take this seriously and stop getting embarrassed.
No s(poop)t When will that happen?

Reaction Score
And you are a moron. I’m not asking for an end to the program…I’m asking for someone to make it competitive. It doesn’t seem to be close right now.

Go away nitwit

Reaction Score
Is it possible for our program to come back from three straight failed hires? Emotionally I say no. I think I’m done.

We can come back. We are where Memphis was 10 years ago and they came back strong.

We need to hire a modern offensive minded coach. Edsall, Diaco and P were all defensive coordinators stuck in the past. Hire a modern mind like the coach we faced today (the Yale coach is another guy to keep our eye on) and we can come back fast, especially with the new transfers rules.

One good Head Coach hire makes all the difference in the world. (If only we hired Moorhead or Keeler, UGHHH!!!!!)

The next head coach has to be a current head coach from a lower level having success, If he doesn't have those credentials he should not be considered. We need to do what Buffalo did when they found Lance Leipold.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We can’t give up. Make more noise for action on getting a good coach and a reasonable budget. I’m still in the camp that not playing FBS football will eventually hurt our basketball teams and overall AD severely.

I don't think that is the case any longer. The BE will sustain the BB program up to and until the P4 take full control of the tournament. That may happen quickly, it may take a while, it may not happen at all but, our FB program will not be able to save us were that to occur and this is coming from a FB first fan.

If this is the permanent state of UConn FB then it should be shut down it won't help the university or it's other revenue sports which was the entire point of upgrading to D1.

Reaction Score
wow…you’re a bit of a loser. Can’t even have a conversation if someone doesn’t agree with you.

If you think that downgrading the program won’t do any damage then you aren’t worth having a conversation with. End of “discussion”.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If you think that downgrading the program won’t do any damage then you aren’t worth having a conversation with. End of “discussion”.
Again…I never said that…others have…not me. Try this one. Not my post. Never said anything close to this. Not sure where you got it.

“I don't think that is the case any longer. The BE will sustain the BB program up to and until the P4 take full control of the tournament. That may happen quickly, it may take a while, it may not happen at all but, our FB program will not be able to save us were that to occur and this is coming from a FB first fan.

If this is the permanent state of UConn FB then it should be shut down it won't help the university or it's other revenue sports which was the entire point of upgrading to D1.”

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You can apologize now. Since I never said anything you claim I did. This is all I said…”None of this effects hoop, hockey or baseball. Our best sports.” Meaning no matter how we go with football, it will not affect these sports. It hasn’t and it shouldn’t.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
BTW, am I the only one who finds the guy who tries to get the crowd going both annoying and bush league? The team is supposed to get the fans into it, not some guy shouting at you through an amplifier.

Reaction Score
You can apologize now. Since I never said anything you claim I did. This is all I said…”None of this effects hoop, hockey or baseball. Our best sports.” Meaning no matter how we go with football, it will not affect these sports. It hasn’t and it shouldn’t.

Downgrading will hurt all of those sports.

Reaction Score

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Figure out a way to read this article that talks about the impact to the athletic department as a whole: Should UConn abandon big-time college football? The question is a complex one to answer. That article is a trial ballon.
I never said we should downgrade. I don’t know where you are getting this. I’m just as disgusted as anyone with the state of the program and I certainly haven’t said anything that hasn’t been said all over these boards. By the way, I’d love to read the article, but I have enough subscriptions.

Reaction Score
I never said we should downgrade. I don’t know where you are getting this. I’m just as disgusted as anyone with the state of the program and I certainly haven’t said anything that hasn’t been said all over these boards.
My only point is that the state of the football program and resulting decisions/impacts will effect the other sports in the AD realm.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There is more competiveness between Rugger and ZooCougar than the football team today but please kids, both need to take your bats and go home
UConn cannot give up on football but it cannot sustain a program that performs at the present level
I think you both have alluded to that
now stop

Reaction Score
The view from Section 241 ia absolutely unacceptable. Period. Really, I should end the post here.

What more is there to say. The QB play isn’t good enough. I’ve supported Zergiotis, and god knows he isn’t getting help from his line, but the inaccuracy and horrific decision making isn’t good enough. The play of the OL is a joke. I don’t know which is worse — that they seemed unable to win physical battles, or the number of times people got in Jack Zergiotis’s face untouched because they couldn’t remember who to block. I admire Mensah’s consistency and length of time in the program but as I’ve said for years — he can make the right read but he doesn’t make folks miss and he doesn’t run out of arm tackles. The defense wasn’t god awful for most of the game, but they came out unprepared to start the game and giving up a 75 years on QB keeper up the middle on a key third and 2 is not just unacceptable but bizarre. And worse, this team doesn’t want to fight through adversity —they want to quit in its face. When HC gave up the fumble at their 2 with a backup QB and the quick 14 points, they didn’t wilt and go away. They fought through it.

I’ve said for 20 years that players win and lose games, not coaches. I still believe that. I was shocked that there wasn’t a QB change after the third turnover, but we don’t see practices. {I’d be shocked, however, if we don’t see another QB next week.). But we’re now five years into HCRE II and he’s responsible. The results are unacceptable. The product on the field is unwatchable. It no longer matters why. His fault, BEnefict’s fault, the state of CT’s fault, doesn’t matter. He is dead man walking at this point. We all know he won’t be here next year. I leave to Benedict whether it’s better for the program to axe him now or wait until towards the end of the season, but he won’t be back and we’ll be starting again. Good luck keeping the upcoming recruiting class together whether he stays or leaves.

Is it possible for our program to come back from three straight failed hires? Emotionally I say no. I think I’m done. I can’t imagine spending the week begging someone to come with me next week to see us get blown out. I’d rather watch Tottenham at 7:30 and then go out and play golf. Intellectually, if Temple can have decent football when they make the right hire programs can get back to decent, entertaining football. But I’ll have to see it to believe it

It is impossible for me to understand how a team can go from a middling Yankee Conference team to the Fiesta Bowl in 10 years, and now this. But now we are this.

Would the last person to leave the Boneyard please turn the lights off? If I’m not the last one.
Looking at the top 10 schools total salaries for Just the Assistants, (from 12/20), not counting the HC. Range from about 6.5 Million to 9 Plus Million(Alabama).

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
There is more competiveness between Rugger and ZooCougar than the football team today but please kids, both need to take your bats and go home
UConn cannot give up on football but it cannot sustain a program that performs at the present level
I think you both have alluded to that
now stop
Thank you…you are correct.

Reaction Score
On Jack Zergiotis's pick 6 and then in the second half it looked to me like Giufre had our QB trying to throw a middle screen which is insane. In the second half down 3 we threw 2 bombs down our sideline on first and ten. Those plays had no chance and if IIRC resulted in having to punt. Our punter had a good day especially in the 2nd half with about a 50 yarder and then pinning them on the 2 yard line. All game though HC got closer and closer to blocking a punt and probably should have once rushing from our left side. We never made any adjustment in our blocking scheme. With the game on the line in the 4th Q I thought Giufre really looked like he hit the panic button. Just a mess with the play calling. After HC went up 10 he decided to try the run game again.

Reaction Score
Looking at the top 10 schools total salaries for Just the Assistants, (from 12/20), not counting the HC. Range from about 6.5 Million to 9 Plus Million(Alabama).

What are Holy Cross' salaries? I bet much less than ours.

Reaction Score
The worst unit on this team is the O-Line. Their position coach is also the offensive coordinator. You'd think it would be worth at this point removing the OC duties from Giufre to allow him to focus on coaching up his positional unit.

Similarly there is no reason not to try Krajewski next week. As a fan (and season ticket holder), the end of the Diaco era where you could see the players quit on the team was atrocious... this might be harder than that. I'll be there next week to tailgate, but it's going to be hard to be excited to actually go into the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom