The View From Section 241 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241

Reaction Score
The view from Section 241 ia absolutely unacceptable. Period. Really, I should end the post here.

What more is there to say. The QB play isn’t good enough. I’ve supported Zergiotis, and god knows he isn’t getting help from his line, but the inaccuracy and horrific decision making isn’t good enough. The play of the OL is a joke. I don’t know which is worse — that they seemed unable to win physical battles, or the number of times people got in Jack Zergiotis’s face untouched because they couldn’t remember who to block. I admire Mensah’s consistency and length of time in the program but as I’ve said for years — he can make the right read but he doesn’t make folks miss and he doesn’t run out of arm tackles. The defense wasn’t god awful for most of the game, but they came out unprepared to start the game and giving up a 75 years on QB keeper up the middle on a key third and 2 is not just unacceptable but bizarre. And worse, this team doesn’t want to fight through adversity —they want to quit in its face. When HC gave up the fumble at their 2 with a backup QB and the quick 14 points, they didn’t wilt and go away. They fought through it.

I’ve said for 20 years that players win and lose games, not coaches. I still believe that. I was shocked that there wasn’t a QB change after the third turnover, but we don’t see practices. {I’d be shocked, however, if we don’t see another QB next week.). But we’re now five years into HCRE II and he’s responsible. The results are unacceptable. The product on the field is unwatchable. It no longer matters why. His fault, BEnefict’s fault, the state of CT’s fault, doesn’t matter. He is dead man walking at this point. We all know he won’t be here next year. I leave to Benedict whether it’s better for the program to axe him now or wait until towards the end of the season, but he won’t be back and we’ll be starting again. Good luck keeping the upcoming recruiting class together whether he stays or leaves.

Is it possible for our program to come back from three straight failed hires? Emotionally I say no. I think I’m done. I can’t imagine spending the week begging someone to come with me next week to see us get blown out. I’d rather watch Tottenham at 7:30 and then go out and play golf. Intellectually, if Temple can have decent football when they make the right hire programs can get back to decent, entertaining football. But I’ll have to see it to believe it

It is impossible for me to understand how a team can go from a middling Yankee Conference team to the Fiesta Bowl in 10 years, and now this. But now we are this.

Would the last person to leave the Boneyard please turn the lights off? If I’m not the last one.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The view from Section 241 ia absolutely unacceptable. Period. Really, I should end the post here.

What more is there to say. The QB play isn’t good enough. I’ve supported Zergiotis, and god knows he isn’t getting help from his line, but the inaccuracy and horrific decision making isn’t good enough. The play of the OL is a joke. I don’t know which is worse — that they seemed unable to win physical battles, or the number of times people got in Jack Zergiotis’s face untouched because they couldn’t remember who to block. I admire Mensah’s consistency and length of time in the program but as I’ve said for years — he can make the right read but he doesn’t make folks miss and he doesn’t run out of arm tackles. The defense wasn’t god awful for most of the game, but they came out unprepared to start the game and giving up a 75 years on QB keeper up the middle on a key third and 2 is not just unacceptable but bizarre. And worse, this team doesn’t want to fight through adversity —they want to quit in its face. When HC gave up the fumble at their 2 with a backup QB and the quick 14 points, they didn’t wilt and go away. They fought through it.

I’ve said for 20 years that players win and lose games, not coaches. I still believe that. I was shocked that there wasn’t a QB change after the third turnover, but we don’t see practices. {I’d be shocked, however, if we don’t see another QB next week.). But we’re now five years into HCRE II and he’s responsible. The results are unacceptable. The product on the field is unwatchable. It no longer matters why. His fault, BEnefict’s fault, the state of CT’s fault, doesn’t matter. He is dead man walking at this point. We all know he won’t be here next year. I leave to Benedict whether it’s better for the program to axe him now or wait until towards the end of the season, but he won’t be back and we’ll be starting again. Good luck keeping the upcoming recruiting class together whether he stays or leaves.

Is it possible for our program to come back from three straight failed hires? Emotionally I say no. I think I’m done. I can’t imagine spending the week begging someone to come with me next week to see us get blown out. I’d rather watch Tottenham at 7:30 and then go out and play golf. Intellectually, if Temple can have decent football when they make the right hire programs can get back to decent, entertaining football. But I’ll have to see it to believe it

It is impossible for me to understand how a team can go from a middling Yankee Conference team to the Fiesta Bowl in 10 years, and now this. But now we are this.

Would the last person to leave the Boneyard please turn the lights off? If I’m not the last one.
We are disgusting…I won’t be attending any games this season. There just isn’t anything else to say. This is coming from a former season ticket holder who started in 1999 and hung in there until the Pasqualoni era ended. I still went to 2-3 games a year. Not this year. I’ll keep my hoops and hockey tickets though.

Reaction Score
There's a very simple strategy that people like Jeff Hathaway and Manuel Warde didn't take. That's hire proven fresh head coaches. So simple.

We're not dropping football. Whether we like it or not. Unless hippies succeed in getting a nationwide movement to ban football, which won't happen.

Reaction Score

The practices are just like the games.

Reaction Score

Agree. Full stop.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry about the next recruiting class. Maybe good in theory but who knows. Transfer portal.

Reaction Score

In the practices they are playing with themselves.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We can’t give up. Make more noise for action on getting a good coach and a reasonable budget. I’m still in the camp that not playing FBS football will eventually hurt our basketball teams and overall AD severely.
None of this effects hoop, hockey or baseball. Our best sports.

Reaction Score
Players are partially if not prohibitively a product of their coaching. As individuals, as a unit, and as a team Biz.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am concentrating on making my tailgate the best I can. Seriously, I am uninviting friends who don't add value and bringing in better participants. Then once the game starts, it goes downhill from there. At least I have fun for part of the day.

Reaction Score
If he's still here for Houston I'm going to get seats behind the bench and boo all game long
Make sure you keep yelling, "You should have put in Steve!"

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I am concentrating on making my tailgate the best I can. Seriously, I am uninviting friends who don't add value and bringing in better participants. Then once the game starts, it goes downhill from there. At least I have fun for part of the day.
Anyone that decides to show up for the tailgate is a warrior…especially if they actually go inside for the game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Of course it does, especially basketball.
How so? We play hoop in a no football league. How could it possibly matter? It’s not like football pays for any of those sports.

Reaction Score
We don't play modern option offense. Everyone has post snap option plays but we don't do it, we didn't even do it with a QB like Pindell. (scrambling for your life is not option ball). Football is forever an evolving game, when your offense is always 10 years late (i'm being kind) this is what happens.

Imagine what the Holy Cross coach would have accomplished with Pindell and Shirreffs.

If you want to have fun watching football watch Coastal Carolina's offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How so? We play hoop in a no football league. How could it possibly matter? It’s not like football pays for any of those sports.

Hey Boneyard nitwit. shut up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom