The View From Section 241 -- Temple | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We are all disgusted, upset and tired of losing. My seatmates are calling for Diaco's head! I totally get it. I have a feeling the comments I heard were more along the lines that we would be okay this year but next year's team (2017) in spite of the graduations, was going to be better. In order to be better we need vast improvement in the O line and secondary. I appreciate that you can't see much improvement but we are not coaches. We will see for sure how good BD's recruits/ RKG's are.

I respect the source and I am going to keep that little nugget as hope for the future. I have way too much of my life invested in these pups to give up now. Hang in there bud and look at the bright side, it can't get any worse. If it does then I will be joining UCONN Dan at Betty Ford!

We may need a dedicated UConn football fan wing at the Betty Ford Center.

Reaction Score
Then there's this nugget:

"I know why we are in the circumstance we are in. I see the problems and the reasons and understand the answers. But it's not realistic [to cure it all] in the next two weeks. But we are working towards it and we took a big step in that direction at the beginning of last week and its going to pay major dividends."

I am literally speechless after this comment!
I saw that too and cringed. Giant steps, I say, giant steps!!

Reaction Score
More positive energy for the home team will change everything even some of these old cry babies blogging venom will join the Uconn train and I will still welcome you. Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
Whichever recycled troll you are, at least you got the avatar right this time.
I will win you over as well Mr. Whaler I believe we strive for the same thing. No need to be a cannibal.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
More positive energy for the home team will change everything even some of these old cry babies blogging venom will join the Uconn train and I will still welcome you. Go UCONN!
You a student? Shouldn't you be out rioting or coloring with crayons to soften the recent blow?

Reaction Score
You a student? Shouldn't you be out rioting or coloring with crayons to soften the recent blow?
I assume your morning bath is complete and the applesauce is too warm to digest so you now have time to blog. Please do not forget to down your handful of anxiety medication next to your roomates nightstand. The most exciting part of your day is probably shuffle board time! No maybe mid day snack. To answer your question (You student?) No me not student!

Reaction Score
Dam you just described my day perfectly only thing though I don't get to play shuffle board because of my knees. Watching the Price is Right with full volume oh man Praise Sweet Jesus that's a joyous time

Reaction Score
Dam you just described my day perfectly only thing though I don't get to play shuffle board because of my knees. Watching the Price is Right with full volume oh man Praise Sweet Jesus that's a joyous time
Flipping Hilarious! I too love the price is right more so with Drew Carey!

Reaction Score
I would agree RH but I say this with certainty the OC and QB will special in the very near future. Moment of clarity and optimism we Will be a winning FB program! Despite what professor whaler believes.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So you've got a mediocre team and a terrible coaching staff. You have zero evidence that quarterback play will be improved next year. You lose most of your best players, you have almost no underclassmen forcing themselves onto the field even though you are 3-7.
I think this is the biggest thing for me. Everyone who is trying to justify Diaco being given another year, besides the money aspect, keeps saying, "wait until he gets his players on the field". Well if they were really worth waiting for they'd be seeing the field now. He already showed he doesn't mind burning red shirts late in a season now that he started Williams. If any of these frosh were as good as some here hope they will be next season, they'd be seeing some game action now.

Seeing how none are being mentioned or talked about, I can't imagine how they will possibly make this team better next season. Maybe they get better with a full year of playing time but there's zero chance they make such an impact next season that we turn this around. To me, 2017 feels like it will be a season long "preseason" like Diaco treated his first season here. That scares me.....

Reaction Score
Back to hockey for us next year regardless of who is the FB coach. Was a mistake to come back to football this year after a two year hiatus. This program is years and years away from respectability. Not gonna beat myself up though. I was corresponding with a local FB writer who thought the the Huskies would win 8 games this year, possibly 9. Ha!

Only problem with hockey is that they are likely to lose Thompson and Letunov to the pros. Add that to the fact that they seem to be underperforming this year for a team with six draft picks.

Reaction Score
If we are willing to give Trump a chance to lead us into possibly a better America we damn sure can give these kids a chance to "Make UCONN FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN!" No wait that's being too optimistic. Or is it??

Reaction Score
I always like to think I have the answers to problems. With our current football team, I don't have any. Frustrated.

Reaction Score
I think Diaco is the main problem. He has caused enough damage. A January 2 exit is the place to start turning this around.

Reaction Score
These things sort of work themselves out we are to....EAT EACH OTHER on this cannibalistic platform. Or just sit back and love the greatest sport of them ALL! What is the meaning of life? Why was DT nominated Pres? Why did Hilary use the private server? Why won't my wife no no no! Ej I am quite sure I answered your question. Your welcome!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
HFD ish drivel. You be him, clown?

Reaction Score
When I see what Frost has done at UCF And what a Babars dis at Syracuse and a few other guys are doing I have to agree with Cdbgjr. Poor coaching is the root of our problem. Get the right guy in here and it looks very different next year. Bring Diaco back and 4 wins is probably the ceiling and 20000 is the attendance average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom