The Summitt... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Summitt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Please do not let the ramblings of a few color your judgment of the whole. There tends not to be a lot of activity on our board, hence my participation on others.
While I get tired of losing to Uconn there is immense respect for the program that has been built at UCONN. That, I believe, is the prevailing opinion of the many I know that closely follow Louisville WBB.

Actually, we have nothing against Louisville. Apparently the feeling isn't returned.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Really...you had some serious angst going on over there...that's priceless! :cool:
I hadn't posted over there since Candace Parker graduated and never reapplied for cert when they decided to do that a couple of years ago and they still have folks who drag me up to take cheap shots. I will defend Maria in that I contacted her and she put an end to it.

Reaction Score
I hadn't posted over there since Candace Parker graduated and never reapplied for cert when they decided to do that a couple of years ago and they still have folks who drag me up to take cheap shots. I will defend Maria in that I contacted her and she put an end to it.

Actually, you did seem to get lumped in with doggydaddy a lot Icebear...see what happens when you hang out with hoodlums! ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Actually, you did seem to get lumped in with doggydaddy a lot Icebear...see what happens when you hang out with hoodlums! ;)

Icebear has had more tussles there than I have, considering I never post there...lol.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Please do not let the ramblings of a few color your judgment of the whole. There tends not to be a lot of activity on our board, hence my participation on others.
While I get tired of losing to Uconn there is immense respect for the program that has been built at UCONN. That, I believe, is the prevailing opinion of the many I know that closely follow Louisville WBB.

So, I would ask why you didn't stand up for UConn based on the absolute lies told in that thread?

On The Boneyard, for example, when Frese is trashed on this board, there are as many posts defending her in response. I saw none of that from your board.

Reaction Score
So, I would ask why you didn't stand up for UConn based on the absolute lies told in that thread?

One The Boneyard, for example, when Frese is trashed on this board, there are as many posts defending her in response. I saw none of that from your board.

(Excuse No. 1) This is the first thread I've ever actually said anything on...and the real impetus was the lawsuit against Coach Auriemma...very unfair.

(Excuse No. 2) I've done an enormous amount of work with TVA over the last 35 years, and just my luck the worst idiot would wind up being my best client...hope not, but they are all rabid Lady Vol fans and verrrrrrry serious about it!

(Excuse No. 3) I've watched you post for awhile...didn't think you needed anyone's help...I just took good notes! ;)

Reaction Score

One The Boneyard, for example, when Frese is trashed on this board, there are as many posts defending her in response. I saw none of that from your board.

On a more serious note...I have enjoyed the Lady Vols program immensely over the years...probably first saw UCONN playing them. The recruiting violation accusations against the Husky program and how they were resolved left a very bad taste in my mouth, and it's really just been more-or-less sad since...

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score

Well, it appears that they need their paper tigers over there. Or should I say paper huskies...

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Our moderators are disciplinarians who make us behave.

On that other board the moderator is an agitator who encourages posters to misbehave

On the Bose, now playing, "Put Another Log On the Fire," sung by Tompaul Glaser.

"Don't I let you warsh the car on Sunday?
Don't I warn you when yer gettin' fat?
Ain't I gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
Well, a man can't love a woman more than that!"

JS

Reaction Score
I tried to PM you and JS but you didn't reply.
I didn't reply because that was one of the few occasions it wasn't me you were mad at.

When it IS me you're mad at, it's my recollection I tell you to lump it.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
"Don't I let you warsh the car on Sunday?
Don't I warn you when yer gettin' fat?
Ain't I gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
Well, a man can't love a woman more than that!"

Ahhhh! Such sweet memories. Makes me feel young again.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I didn't reply because that was one of the few occasions it wasn't me you were mad at.

Got it. I've been lumped before.

I still don't get the issue on posting like I did about UNC. But I'm done. I'll try not to be snarky about it.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
(Excuse No. 1) This is the first thread I've ever actually said anything on...and the real impetus was the lawsuit against Coach Auriemma...very unfair.

(Excuse No. 2) I've done an enormous amount of work with TVA over the last 35 years, and just my luck the worst idiot would wind up being my best client...hope not, but they are all rabid Lady Vol fans and verrrrrrry serious about it!

(Excuse No. 3) I've watched you post for awhile...didn't think you needed anyone's help...I just took good notes! ;)
I'm confused. I was replying to Jenny, the Louisvile fan..!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

An appropriate approach to crab.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I'm confused. I was replying to Jenny, the Louisvile fan..!
DD, I did, nutswbb.

I can't speak to the Maya stuff, as I do not know the truth nor do I want to research it. I have assumed, and it is an assumption, the truth is somewhere in the middle. That is usually my belief when any 2 sides are telling their version of the same story. But I have no desire to get in to that issue. It is all water under a bridge, in a city named I don't give a rat's .

As I said before I have immense respect for the job Geno does. I have a few choice adjectives in the heat of the battle but never are the words cheater or liar.

Reaction Score
DD, I did, nutswbb.

I can't speak to the Maya stuff, as I do not know the truth nor do I want to research it. I have assumed, and it is an assumption, the truth is somewhere in the middle. That is usually my belief when any 2 sides are telling their version of the same story. But I have no desire to get in to that issue. It is all water under a bridge, in a city named I don't give a rat's .

As I said before I have immense respect for the job Geno does. I have a few choice adjectives in the heat of the battle but never are the words cheater or liar.

The sad truth is when people make unsupported, sometimes outrageous, allegations; otherwise reasonable people often decide that the truth is somewhere in the middle...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can't speak to the Maya stuff, as I do not know the truth nor do I want to research it. I have assumed, and it is an assumption, the truth is somewhere in the middle. That is usually my belief when any 2 sides are telling their version of the same story. But I have no desire to get in to that issue. It is all water under a bridge, in a city named I don't give a rat's.
There are no "two sides" because no one from the University of Tenn made any specific complaints about Geno. There was only vague innuendo which is impossible to rebut because no one has any idea what, exactly, the problem was.

Since there was no information coming dirctly from the accusers, it was the LV fans that made up the accusations that Geno had bought Maya's mom a house, etc. Lies made up of whole cloth that only got more outrageous in the retelling. Apparently, a couple of knuckleheads on the Louisville board decided to add their own lies.

Neither Geno nor UConn as given their side to the story because, frankly, the vauge accusations don't deserve one. It's only the fans that have done the yakking.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
How much yak can a yak yak yak if a yak yak yak yak yaks?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Your kind of fallacious reasoning (truth must lie in the middle) is often a refuge for people who aren't interested in knowing the truth yet want to take a position anyway, albeit passively. It's fine that you aren't that interested in the allegations and no one expects you to spend any time learning about them, but why not stop there? Irrespective of your intent, your gratuitous and (I repeat) fallacious reasoning does exactly what the Tenn fans have done: smeared the character of Maya and Geno by suggesting that some version of the outlandish allegations (of which you know nothing by your own admission) are true. Coming from someone who writes about the Louisville team and WCBB, this strikes me as very odd and disappointing.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Vol posters on The Summitt are really a piece of work, delusional, but still a piece of work!
Yeah; a piece of delusional work!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
to be fair I wouldn't generalize like that. there are some really nice folks over there. However their humanity can be overshadowed by the others. It is the memory of behavior of the others that one takes away, not the niceness. Sadly
Yeah. It is the bitter, ignorant, envious, delusional posters over there that give the other ten percent a bad name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom