The State of Mississippi | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The State of Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always acknowledge a person wearing another school's tee. Saw an Oregon fan and said hi, long way from home. Sounds like a stupid comment but he liked the acknowledgement.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Depends where in the South you are...

Atlanta, Austin, New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis, St Louis...all very liberal cities in very conservative states.

Reaction Score
did you live in the deep south though?
I did and I loved it.

I would guarantee most of the liberal snobs on this thread have never been there and probably do not even know where/what the "deep south" is.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-pay-damages-fines-upset-alabama-crimson-tide

>>Ole Miss fans were so thrilled to beat Alabama on Saturday that they're paying for the damage they did and the fine imposed by the SEC. Through a crowd-funding platform, Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork asked fans Tuesday afternoon to help pay for the two goalposts torn down (each cost $11,000), the fine from the conference (a maximum $50,000 for rushing the field; it was the third time fans have done so in as many years) and $3,000 in stadium repairs. In less than three hours, the $75,000 was raised.<<
Can you imagine UCONN fans tearing down a goal post. Hahahaha

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't live in the deep south but I lived in Raleigh and worked in state government for a few years.

There are a lot of good things about the south. Some of them are inherent: the weather, the girls are more attractive. Some are temporary: the tax rates, the cost of living....

There are some pretty terrible things about living in the south too...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you imagine UCONN fans tearing down a goal post. Hahahaha

Well if they didn't put the state cop k-9 crew in front of them we'd have torn them down.

Reaction Score
Another reason CT fans will never be able to live up to SEC fans. If the AL state cop K-9 corp surrounded the goal posts at Bryant/Denny, a couple of dozen of the 100,000 (out of 102,000) Bama fans that have concealed carry permits and are packing would take those pups out before the second round of Rammer Jammer. ;)

Reaction Score
"The South " is almost. as vague a term as "Yankee "
Haveing spending many years in ky ,the rural areas are more conservative than urban areas of the traditional Deep South.
SC,Ga,Ala,Miss, Ark,La
Northern Fla. can be thrown in
Va, NC Tenn,Ky ,,Mo mid south or border
Texas,Okla,!Az south western
Maryland use to be considered a border state but is more northern today.

Yankee
To a non-American everyone in the US
To an American someone from a Northern State
To a northerner someone from the Northeast
to someone from the Northeast a New Englander.
To a New Englander someone with Puritan roots (there are no Catholic Yankees)
It's actually a name given to The English puritans of Connecticut by the Dutch of New Amsterdam.
It's synonymous with crazy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
John Greene said:
Lame may be the wrong word. The last time I saw a large group of non relatives in CT was at my NBHS reunion. When you get to my age the conversations tend to eventually get to who has how many grand kids and where to live in retirement. I just noticed that a most of the classmates who had stayed in CT seemed to get a little tight and made affordability comments frequently when talking about the retirement part.

So true.

Guy A: "Where do you live now?"

Guy B: "Florida"

Guy A: "Why'd you go down there?"

Guy B: "A good opportunity came up, it's worked out well".

Guy A: "Yeah, lower cost of living, but I could never live there."

Guy B: "How bout you? Still in (insert hardworking CT town)?

Guy A: "Yep, been at Travelers for 20 years. Bought a house last year. Really nice place, hardwood floors everywhere. Paid 250k for it. That's the thing, no good jobs in Florida. That's why houses are 100k. What are you doing for work?"

Guy B: I work for ABC Company. (Something CT guy has never heard of like Raymond James, Teco Gas or some big developer)

Guy A: "Uh huh. Well, see you later." (With a smirk thinking, "that's no Travelers, loser")

Guy B: See ya.

Guy A: drives home to his gray life, the winner in his mind.

Guy B: Flys home first class to his $900,000 house and wife with peanut butter tan, rock hard calves. He goes to bed thinking about the round of golf he'll be playing tomorrow morning before he grills Filet Mignon by the pool for Christmas Eve dinner.

Guy A wouldn't be interested in trading places. He hates humidity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So true.

Guy A: "Where do you live now?"

Guy B: "Florida"

Guy A: "Why'd you go down there?"

Guy B: "A good opportunity came up, it's worked out well".

Guy A: "Yeah, lower cost of living, but I could never live there."

Guy B: "How bout you? Still in (insert hardworking CT town)?

Guy A: "Yep, been at Travelers for 20 years. Bought a house last year. Really nice place, hardwood floors everywhere. Paid 250k for it. That's the thing, no good jobs in Florida. That's why houses are 100k. What are you doing for work?"

Guy B: I work for ABC Company. (Something CT guy has never heard of like Raymond James, Teco Gas or some big developer)

Guy A: "Uh huh. Well, see you later." (With a smirk thinking, "that's no Travelers, loser")

Guy B: See ya.

Guy A: drives home to his gray life, the winner in his mind.

Guy B: Flys home first class to his $900,000 house and wife with peanut butter tan, rock hard calves. He goes to bed thinking about the round of golf he'll be playing tomorrow morning before he grills Filet Mignon by the pool for Christmas Eve dinner.

Guy A wouldn't be interested in trading places. He hates humidity.

LOL yep that's it.

Can someone answer this. Is the south is really so great why does everyone have to constantly tell us how great it is?

Do you send your ex-girlfriends messages on Facebook bragging about how much better your wife is?

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
LOL yep that's it. Can someone answer this. Is the south is really so great why does everyone have to constantly tell us how great it is? Do you send your ex-girlfriends messages on Facebook bragging about how much better your wife is?

Where can I find you on Facebook?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where can I find you on Facebook?

Mercifully you can't. If I sign up someday I'll be sure to friend you, I never tire of people telling me how bad Connecticut sucks.

Reaction Score
Dude, I love Ct. Seriously, I do. It is my true home. I defend CT just like I defend Florida. They are both great places but they have their pros and cons. Really, anyplace that is safe and has good restaurants pleases me. Otherwise, the place better have incredible natural beauty and plenty of local pubs/breweries.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another reason CT fans will never be able to live up to SEC fans. If the AL state cop K-9 corp surrounded the goal posts at Bryant/Denny, a couple of dozen of the 100,000 (out of 102,000) Bama fans that have concealed carry permits and are packing would take those pups out before the second round of Rammer Jammer. ;)

Live "up" to SEC fans?

Reaction Score
Heads up, guys, sportsart should be along shortly to insult and demean you.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Ole Miss should be number 1 for going on the road to Texas A&M and putting it to them. But either way both team are playing great ball right now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Mercifully you can't. If I sign up someday I'll be sure to friend you, I never tire of people telling me how bad Connecticut sucks.

What stinks about CT is that the Middle Class is going away and all that will be left are high earners or low earners. Plus our taxes suck in this state. We are taxed and fee on everything we do. Not a way to keep your middle class.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What stinks about CT is that the Middle Class is going away and all that will be left are high earners or low earners. Plus our taxes suck in this state. We are taxed and fee on everything we do. Not a way to keep your middle class.

The middle class is going away everywhere.

Reaction Score
BzwoeeQCIAEC0r1.jpg

Reaction Score
CT is 41st in population growth from 2010 to now, four other New England states behind it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CT is 41st in population growth from 2010 to now, four other New England states behind it.

#1. You made a big deal about blocking me so not sure how you replied.

#2. Population growth rate in a state with a high percentage of seniors won't look good.

#3. The southern states with low tax rates are benefitting from history. Once they are overpopulated and their demographics shift they will end up in same place. It's an artifact of history.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
#4 There are massive tax subsidies from northern states to southern states and those southern states still suck by most quality of life measures. Mississippi is practically a third world country from a quality of life perspective, but it has two good college football teams so it must be doing something right.

Reaction Score
#1. You made a big deal about blocking me so not sure how you replied.

#2. Population growth rate in a state with a high percentage of seniors won't look good.

#3. The southern states with low tax rates are benefitting from history. Once they are overpopulated and their demographics shift they will end up in same place. It's an artifact of history.
You have me confused with someone else, but I have an avatar used by others, so it is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom