The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love my school and think the legislators have short changed UCONN every chance they can when it comes to athletics. The Gampel should have been 12,000 but instead they built it to 8000+ and then had to expand to the current 10000+. The Rent should have been 50,000 right off the bat but instead UCONN got 40,000. Small time thinking is a consistent in Connecticut.

I have more faith in Warde than I ever had in Hathaway

Legislators aren't shortchanging UConn athletics. The people hired to run the programs are.

Reaction Score
Ribbon boards weren't utilized well tonite. Might as well have kept the billboards cause they rarely moved. Total fail hope it changes. Down and distance still very hard to see looking at the one over the student section. I know they can change fonts and have sliding adds etc. Hello!

Reaction Score
Yeah man. Bob's discount furniture for life!!! Wait how many yards till a first down?

They looked great until I realized they were just flashing advertisement boards. Such a waste.

Reaction Score
"Waving Flags" during the National Anthem were the only highlight on them.

Somebody found the "make some noise" function key way too late into the game.

Reaction Score
BTW, Warde responded. Stated he would discuss with his staff next week and that he liked the idea with or without the temporary seats, so my guess is they will be gone after Michigan.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My guess is that IMG UConn controls the ribbon boards - you will only see ads - be careful if you complain, the manager doesn't like it and goes on a tangent explaining that we have no $$$ like the big schools at that is why you are getting ads and not information - basically our donors don't give enough $$ to support big time college football and that's why we sold out on the PC Richards whistle b.s.

Reaction Score
Been to a Michigan Purdue game at Michigan Stadium. Still have no freaking idea how +110K fit in that place.

That's why no one got up to go to the concessions, I didn't even see any concessions. Going to the bathrooms was very interesting. The facade of the Michigan stadium is nice but once you get inside it shows it's age. It's very uncomfortable seating.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
My guess is that IMG UConn controls the ribbon boards - you will only see ads - be careful if you complain, the manager doesn't like it and goes on a tangent explaining that we have no $ like the big schools at that is why you are getting ads and not information - basically our donors don't give enough to support big time college football and that's why we sold out on the PC Richards whistle b.s.

Is he pricing the ads out on a time basis? You can rotate stats AND ads or get creative and have someone SPONSOR THE STATS

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
re
Is he pricing the ads out on a time basis? You can rotate stats AND ads or get creative and have someone SPONSOR THE STATS
Not sure of that answer - but you are asking for creativity and that seems to be what UConn and many of its partners are lacking right now.
The ribbon boards are nice - use at least a portion for some stats.

Reaction Score
I think there's a learning curve but someone really needs to check out what other stadiums are doing here and in Europe.

Reaction Score
Posting stats will get more ad money, because if the ribbons only show ads, people will stop looking. It's like a TV channel with no shows, only commercials.

Reaction Score
Posting stats will get more ad money, because if the ribbons only show ads, people will stop looking. It's like a TV channel with no shows, only commercials.

Very good point. I forgot they were there by the second quarter. However, I'm not complaining too much. I was afraid they would be flashing obnoxious cheers all game which would really be bad. They need to focus more on stats. It's tough to find the down and yards to go half of the time. The main scoreboard has it, but it often isn't displayed until a second or two before the snap. It should be about the game first, the ads are necessary, but should be secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom