The results of the Big East writers preseason poll | The Boneyard

The results of the Big East writers preseason poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse can have it. People can sleep on us all they want. But Drummond is gonna make Fab Melo eat it on Gameday.

Reaction Score
Given that UConn got more first place votes than syracuse it means a lot of writers are predicting UConn to finish 3rd or worse. How can you pick UConn as third in the big east when the majority of people are picking them as a top 4 team in the country and they have more big game experience returning than any other big east team? Something doesn't add up here.

Reaction Score
Looks like Syracuse and UConn are pretty much 1A, 1B with Cuse edging us out by one point. I was kind of hoping we'd get picked tenth again:)

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This is disrespectful. We have way more NBA talent than Cuse and are the defending Big East and National Champs. How are we not #1 outright?

Reaction Score
This is disrespectful. We have way more NBA talent than Cuse and are the defending Big East and National Champs. How are we not #1 outright?
i was thinking about it today how uconn fans are able to turn virtually any complement into an insult. perfect illustration.

Reaction Score

Just the way JC likes it.

Reaction Score
i was thinking about it today how uconn fans are able to turn virtually any complement into an insult. perfect illustration.

I was thinking about it today how much Syracuse fans care so much about what UConn fans have to think. Perfect illustration.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's Oct

Cuse always ranked above us in Oct, it's tradition

then we play the games

Reaction Score
If I am reading this correctly and there were 16 voters, then of the people who voted for UConn not to be #1, more of them voted for us to be #3 than #2. Or the same amount, but some picked us worse than 4. Odd. Average vote that wasn't #1 for UConn was 2.75.

Reaction Score
How is it a compliment to come off a championship season, with arguably more talent than the previous year and not be voted on to with the conference?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some people weighed the loss of Kemba, Chuck and Donnell as being more significant than the gain of Ryan, DeAndre and Andre.

The Kemba factor is the issue for lower votes. I could care less how the team/players is/are perceived before the season starts. Its the end of the season that counts.

Reaction Score
1 positive... we are arguing 2011 college bball, season about to begin.. LETS GOOOO

Reaction Score
There's no justifying Syracuse over UConn preseason, but honestly, who cares?

UConn was ranked 10th in the Big East preseason and went on to win the National Championship . These things mean almost nothing.

(Although in fairness, they did finish 9th in the BE...)

Reaction Score
Some people weighed the loss of Kemba, Chuck and Donnell as being more significant than the gain of Ryan, DeAndre and Andre.

The Kemba factor is the issue for lower votes. I could care less how the team/players is/are perceived before the season starts. Its the end of the season that counts.

Agree, Kemba was so special and vital. Those videos that were posted prove that. To an outsider we are trying to replace superman.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Think about what I bolded. If that's not a testament to JC, I don't know what is.

Reaction Score
I think there's justification. We finished 9th. We had our best player leave.

I think UConn will be the best team in the BE. Syracuse and Louisville have claims. Claims I don't personally think are as good, but claims I can understand.

Reaction Score
Lville is going to be way better then some people think. IMHO- they are going to be better then Quse this year and have a real good shot at beating kensucky as well.

Reaction Score
Lville is going to be way better then some people think. IMHO- they are going to be better then Quse this year and have a real good shot at beating kensucky as well.

If I'm ranking the top teams, I go UConn, Louisville, Syracuse. Pitt is getting all the love next, and I guess I'll go with them based off the fact that they always shock me and do better than I expect (a la UConn in the 90s).

Reaction Score

If you want to see true delusion, check out the Syracuse board regarding their recruiting and their midnight madness. It's hysterical.

Reaction Score
Zerocuse will finish 5th. 1. Huskies 2. Louisville 3. Pitt 4. Marquette 5. Zerocuse

They might go further than Pitt and maybe Marquette/Loserville but I guarantee they will finish 5th. They are overrated.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i don't have a problem with it at all. it's just a bunch of people's opinions. seeing as the PG runs the show, and we know how important that position is on any team, we lost Kemba, not only the best PG in the nation, but the best player in the nation. Shabazz will be great, but he's unproven. Syracuse brings their starting PG back. i realize there's more to it than that, but what's the big deal? we're picked 2nd. last year we were 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom