The Refs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only 2 of the ND game officials did the PS game. The female looked like Dee Kantner but was not . She called the deserved Tec on Geno. Enterline is usually pretty good and gets big games but the other 2 I have not seen doing our games.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Refereeing a fast moving sport like basketball has to be incredibly difficult. There is no way that refs are going to get it right all the time. Except for game changers I don't have much of a problem with blown calls. My problem is with inconsistency and whistle a minute officiating.

This conversation about officiating in WCBB is decades old and nothing has changed. Maybe it's time to look at the ref supervision. Jacobs has been around forever. Perhaps it's time for new blood and fresh ideas.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but when I read those names doing a game your assessment is the last thing I think of with them. They did nothing to enhance the viewing pleasure of the audience last night. 38 fouls yikes! Folks don't want game flow interrupted like that.
I think it's the uconn fans that don't like the choppy type of game. However, other fans are probably happy to see the huskies struggle, and see a chance for an upset. That , I think is what wcb and the networks want to see.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Refereeing a fast moving sport like basketball has to be incredibly difficult. There is no way that refs are going to get it right all the time. Except for game changers I don't have much of a problem with blown calls. My problem is with inconsistency and whistle a minute officiating.

This conversation about officiating in WCBB is decades old and nothing has changed. Maybe it's time to look at the ref supervision. Jacobs has been around forever. Perhaps it's time for new blood and fresh ideas.

They did get new blood in when Marcy... Weston? (Oiy, my brain is mush) moved out and Mary Struckhoff took over the NCAA position (part-time, I might point out. As is Barb.) She brought in a lot of new stuff -- including new refs.

But honestly, the finger should be pointing at the Conference comish and the ADs -- they decide how to spend the money. And, clearly, officiating is not on their priority list -- men's or women's side.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but when I read those names doing a game your assessment is the last thing I think of with them. They did nothing to enhance the viewing pleasure of the audience last night. 38 fouls yikes! Folks don't want game flow interrupted like that.
What you're saying is that they should not call fouls. I don't see that being the way to the promised land. Player would just be encouraged to foul more. What we need is for the players to stop fouling. That would speed up the game and make it more interesting.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What you're saying is that they should not call fouls. I don't see that being the way to the promised land. Player would just be encouraged to foul more. What we need is for the players to stop fouling. That would speed up the game and make it more interesting.
Nor do I see it as a promised land either. It is a mess that has been made over time will need to be fixed over time. I say execute all the present officials and let them be a warning to the rest. If that doesn't work we start on the players and coaches.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
..feeling a tad peckish, are we, Bre'r Bear?

Reaction Score
There was a major league umpire (it may have been the legendary Bill Klem) who said if he did his job correctly, no one would remember. It would seem, that the officials are not doing their job!

Reaction Score
Nor do I see it as a promised land either. It is a mess that has been made over time will need to be fixed over time. I say execute all the present officials and let them be a warning to the rest. If that doesn't work we start on the players and coaches.

A bit extreme...the Roman Legions used decimation as a lesson...which left some others to benefit from it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom