The refs sucked | The Boneyard

The refs sucked

Reaction Score
Another game with a clearly biased whistle. We won because we’re much better than Georgetown, but the refs helped keep it close all game. We can’t afford this with tougher games on the horizon.
I have a hunch that come match ALL OF A SUDDEN we’ll “figure it out” again. It hasn’t all been officiating. But it’s played a significant part in my opinion

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Ajax had a phantom call on him. We got a bad call our way too. I didn’t have a problem with the refs today though. Never crossed my mind really. Nothing like at X or at PC. Refs in X/PC game the other night were far worse.

Reaction Score
In some cases the call is sloppy. They call a foul on Sanogo that was clearly supposed to be called on Karaban.

Dude, don’t just throw out a number. If you call a foul you should know who it’s freaking on.

SLOPPY SLOPPY SLOPPY!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
There was a call in the first half where the called it on the ball defender but it looked like the foul was really off the ball for the rebound.

Reaction Score
I'm glad the boys pulled out the W because I was worried if we complained about the refs after a loss it would look terrible.

I thought the refs were horrible. Newton had 2 or 3 drives where he was bumped going up and should of had shots.

And Clingan gets called for phantom fouls like ive never seen before.

Reaction Score
Guys we play overly aggressive on defense and we only have one player on offense (Tristen) who can make plays driving to the hoop. Tristen gets plenty of foul calls. There’s going to be a disparity every game and it isn’t the refs fault.
Hawkins drives to the hoop and gets no calls. Our big guys get hacked almost every time down the court. Freedom of movement doesn’t exist when it comes to the Huskies. Hawkins gets banged or rubbed on every screen and by the rule those should be fouls. It’s not because the other teams drive and we don’t . Watch the game.

Reaction Score
Home teams get favorable whistles in college basketball. Always have and always will. Away fans always think they got screwed (often justified) and home fans always think the refs were 'bad both ways'.

Reaction Score
Hawkins drives to the hoop and gets no calls. Our big guys get hacked almost every time down the court. Freedom of movement doesn’t exist when it comes to the Huskies. Hawkins gets banged or rubbed on every screen and by the rule those should be fouls. It’s not because the other teams drive and we don’t . Watch the game.
Agree that Sanogo gets hacked a lot. He does play incredibly physical but that shouldn’t stop the refs from making a call.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Guy on the clock was a disaster too.
There is definitely a problem with the scorer. Whoever updates the score on TV needs to pay attention to detail. They put the points on the wrong side or not at all. I forget who knocked down a three, but it was posted on the GT side. Finally a minute later they changed it our side.

Reaction Score
Another game with a clearly biased whistle. We won because we’re much better than Georgetown, but the refs helped keep it close all game. We can’t afford this with tougher games on the horizon.
No don’t blame the refs
BLAME HURLEY

Reaction Score
There is definitely a problem with the scorer. Whoever updates the score on TV needs to pay attention to detail. They put the points on the wrong side or not at all. I forget who knocked down a three, but it was posted on the GT side. Finally a minute later they changed it our side.
That has been an issue with Fox all year. It occurs in the Big East games and I. Other games on Fox

Reaction Score
1675542074281.gif

Reaction Score
That has been an issue with Fox all year. It occurs in the Big East games and I. Other games on Fox
I wonder if they are working out some automation that is glitchy. As you said, it seems to be too much of an across-the-board problem to be a human error.

Reaction Score
It wasnt even the fouls called on us that bugged me. It was The lack of calls called when we drove the the basket and nothing was called when we were clearly hacked.
This is always the bigger issue on poorly called games. Many fans don't see the issue. They assume we get no calls because we don't drive enough. The truth is, we stop driving because we aren't getting the calls. If you get fouled and turn the ball over on every drive and it isn't called, you will stop driving. Interestingly enough, the women's team has the exact same issue. Not surprisingly, the refs hate Geno just like they hate Danny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom