The problem with starting Whitmer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The problem with starting Whitmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And Alabama -

I guess their philosophy was different than Louisvilles when it came to conference realignment also. Our leadership philosophy could be questioned on a couple of fronts besides reporting injuries.

You can drink the cool aid on this one - I am going to spit it out.

If you truly believe that the opportunity to be the ACC's selection over Louisville was missed due to (many very poor) decisions made prior to when Herbst and/or Manuel began their respective tenures at the school I don't know what to tell you.

Some people can make an enormous deal over a head coach not being entirely forthcoming with the inury status of his players. I personally have more imprtant things to get worked up over and I don't see how that can be equated to drinking cool aid.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If you truly believe that the opportunity to be the ACC's selection over Louisville was missed due to (many very poor) decisions made prior to when Herbst and/or Manuel began their respective tenures at the school I don't know what to tell you.

Where did I say the opportunity was missed due to decisions made prior to when Herbst and Manuel began their tenures?

You had stated - 'My guess is that the leadership (from school president on down) of our university has a slightly different philosophy than their counterparts at FSU. '

agreed we do - and I said their philosophy was different than Louisvilles as well. Same leadership.

UConn, when it comes to FB, seems to try too hard NOT to replicate anyone else but do their own thing - hows that working?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Again - act like the big boys and you becoming a big boy - act like you are small time you get those results.

'That explains why Flood sometimes uses "upper body" and "lower body" instead of specific body parts.' I dont want to be like Rutgers...

I highly doubt we are gurading it from a competitive standpoint :)
So you don't want to be like the Patriots either? Do you understand that the Patriots are 3-2 in the Super Bowl since 2002. Do you also understand that means the Patriots made the Super Bowl 5 times (in seven tries)? Do you know how many other teams have been to the Super Bowl 5 times in the last 12 years or the Conference Championship Game seven times? Exactly Zero. So cool it with implying they haven't won anything.

Do you also not want to be like the Bruins (1. Stanley Cup, 2 Stanley Cup Finals, and a Presidents Cup trophy in the last 4 years)?
With early-season injuries to David Krejci (undisclosed) and Gregory Campbell (mid-core), Bruins coach Claude Julien was forced to mix and match his lines, which is something he normally doesn’t like to do, preferring to have consistency in his lineup.

It's ridiculous to think that disclosing injury details is the difference between winning and losing.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
So you don't want to be like the Patriots either? Do you understand that the Patriots are 3-2 in the Super Bowl since 2002. Do you also understand that means the Patriots made the Super Bowl 5 times (in seven tries)? Do you know how many other teams have been to the Super Bowl 5 times in the last 12 years or the Conference Championship Game seven times? Exactly Zero. So cool it with implying they haven't won anything.

Do you also not want to be like the Bruins (1. Stanley Cup, 2 Stanley Cup Finals, and a Presidents Cup trophy in the last 4 years)?

It's ridiculous to think that disclosing injury details is the difference between winning and losing.

I want to be like Alabama - Florida State. You keep producing professional teams from Boston.

I dont want to be like the Patriots - they cheat!
:)

I didnt say it is the difference between winning and losing - you keep missing the point.

I will make you feel better -

You win - I see it your way now - hide the injuries of the local 'superstar' and all others for competitive advantage. I dont want the defense of the opposing team rehurting their booboo - I mean lower body pain.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Do you know how many other teams have been to the Super Bowl 5 times in the last 12 years or the Conference Championship Game seven times? Exactly Zero. So cool it with implying they haven't won anything.

NFL is different than NCAAF - there is only one team that wins its last game - thats WON. In NCAAF about 30 teams win their last game and claim champion.

They havent won jackshit in 10 years - you want to count conf champs - be my guest. I am sure only a fan would feel that way.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I want to be like Alabama - Florida State. You keep producing professional teams from Boston.
You don't get it but whatever. Alabama, FSU, Auburn, New England, Boston all have one thing in common, whether they are pro or (professional) college: They win.

They do not disclose injuries the same way. You know why? IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! What matters is that the injured guy and will be limited. What matters is that the guy is getting treatment and is rehabbing. There. You know everything you need to know.

Boyle was/is experiencing some pain in his leg that gets in the way of his effectiveness. He's week to week. With this offensive line, Boyle needs to be able to protect himself. If he can't walk, run, or put weight on the leg, what difference does it make if it's from the hip, knee, ankle or a broken femur? If that means sacrificing two or three games for the rest of the kid's career, then so be it.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Where did I say the opportunity was missed due to decisions made prior to when Herbst and Manuel began their tenures?

You had stated - 'My guess is that the leadership (from school president on down) of our university has a slightly different philosophy than their counterparts at FSU. '

agreed we do - and I said their philosophy was different than Louisvilles as well. Same leadership.

UConn, when it comes to FB, seems to try too hard NOT to replicate anyone else but do their own thing - hows that working?

I misspoke, meant to say 'don't believe'. My apologies but seriously, how would having a similar philiosophy to Louisville have helped us two years ago? The mistakes (that cost us during that round of conference realignment) were made during a decade that led up to that moment.

I believe that the schools that we are trying to replicate are those who have had football success, success in other sports as well, have a top reputation academically and seldom if ever have scandals such as a stonewalling a se xual assault investigation, downplaying the highest profile university employee's indiscretion at a restaurant or rehiring a coach who had recently lost a job a at major school due to his own indiscretions with an employee. I personally would prefer this, even if it requires a bit more patience to rebuild the football program.

That said, you are getting far too worked up over how freely Diaco is distributing information on the health of our players.

Husky25

Reaction Score
NFL is different than NCAAF - there is only one team that wins its last game - thats WON. In NCAAF about 30 teams win their last game and claim champion.

They havent won jack in 10 years - you want to count conf champs - be my guest. I am sure only a fan would feel that way.
As a Redskins fan, I'd love to have the last years of Patriot "failures." Given your avatar, I assume you feel the same vis a vie the Vikings.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You don't get it but whatever. Alabama, FSU, Auburn, New England, Boston all have one thing in common, whether they are pro or (professional) college: They win.

They do not disclose injuries the same way. You know why? IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! What matters is that the guy injured guy will be limited. What matters is that the guy is getting treatment and is rehabbing. There. You know everything you need to know.

Boyle was/is experiencing some pain in his leg that gets in the way of his effectiveness. He's week to week. With this offensive line, Boyle needs to be able to protect himself. If he can't walk, run, or put weight on the leg, what difference does it make if it's from the hip, knee, ankle or a broken femur? If that means sacrificing two or three games for the rest of the kid's career, then so be it.

I like you -

He is NOT week to week - he played 5 snaps in the Temple game.
He is limited in snaps but not participation.
You are right - IT DOESN'T MATTER - so just say what it is!

:)

Bonehead

Reaction Score
As a Redskins fan, I'd love to have the last years of Patriot "failures." Given your avatar, I assume you feel the same vis a vie the Vikings.
agreed - but if I lost in the SB I havent won.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
That said, you are getting far too worked up over how freely Diaco is distributing information on the health of our players.

You meant unfreely...

Agreed Im done -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member