The parking lots are empty. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The parking lots are empty.

Reaction Score
One yelled at me yesterday for putting peanut shells on the ground. She said I'd have to go get another bag to put the shells in or I'd have to stop eating them. They have to keep the stadium clean, she said. I was pretty surprised. Always get peanuts and never got yelled at before. I was like the stadiums about 75% empty as it is. The cleanup effort isn't going to be monumental.

That's one for AD Dave... LOL

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If only UConn fans were as tough as MLS fans I guess.
I think ECU thought they were playing soccer based on how much time they spent on the turf before sprinting off

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember the good old days when folks standing in the concourses were the subject of derision on the Boneyard. Now they are a source of pride and likes. How the mighty have fallen.

Reaction Score
That's one for AD Dave... LOL
I was pretty pissed. I mean not even at the idea of putting the shells in a cup or whatever, ill happily do that, no big deal.

But ive never been asked to do that before, at any stadium, ever. So for her to come running over to scold me like a child...man

She watched us like a hawk after that, too. Lol

Reaction Score
I was pretty pissed. I mean not even at the idea of putting the shells in a cup or whatever, ill happily do that, no big deal.

But ive never been asked to do that before, at any stadium, ever. So for her to come running over to scold me like a child...man

I tell my kids one of the great side-pleasures of going to a ballpark or stadium is you can litter the floor with garbage. I'd have told her to go E.F.F. herself.

Reaction Score
The elderly and the kids were suffering in the heat. The elderly man sitting next to my son was having a very hard time. Thought he was going to keel over at any time. He and I lasted to half time. My son walked him to the gate to wait for his daughter to return to get him, she was returning items to their car.

Many old and kids on the concourse trying to cool off. A few misting stations could have helped. Concessions make a killing on bottled water. We were dumping it over our heads.

Some day soon we will have both offense and defense. Playing at a high level. I am encouraged

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Concessions make a killing on bottled water. We were dumping it over our heads.
That is what bubblers are for.

Reaction Score
they should let all 100 of you just sit where you want

They sort of did. Some people in our party (sitting somewhere else) decided they would rather move into the chairbacks. No one said anything to them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Where you from, stranger. 'Round these parts, we call 'em water fountains.
The far off land of Massachusetts.

A water fountain is what is found in a park.

Reaction Score
As the game started to get tighter in the beginning of the fourth quarter, you could see the small amount of fans start to catch fire and you could also see the team feeding off of it.

I thought to myself, "If this was even a 2/3 full stadium making noise, I think we win today." And I absolutely believe that to be true. It seemed like the defense fed off of it, and the sidelines certainly looked to be feeding off of it. It also helped that everyone migrated to the shady side, right across the view of our team's sidelines. That "more full" feeling I think provided a boost to put us right at the brink.

Let's hope we can win at SMU and get more folks to get more excited about coming out. Winning leads to fans. Fans lead to winning...

It was 90 degrees. There was no way that you were going to keep intensity in the stands for very long. Even if the stadium had been full. The fact that we gave up TDs on their first three possessions took the crowd out of it until it determined we were actually capable of stopping them in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
They sort of did. Some people in our party (sitting somewhere else) decided they would rather move into the chairbacks. No one said anything to them.
That's one thing I've found over the years with Rent staff in general - they don't seem to be operating on the same script. For example, yesterday should have been a directive that Seat Freelancing is allowed once they saw how small the crowd was. It's not like there's a ton of yellow shirts, so a relay message should have been sent around early in the game when attendance amounts were pretty clear.

Reaction Score
It's sad they way the fans on the UConn side of the field turned into complete when faced with a little sun. In autumn, no less.

This. No one cries for those of us behind the visitors' bench in late November and December when its 45 behind the UConn bench and 30 where I sit.

Toughen up sallies.

Reaction Score
After the Stony Brook game a few years back, I learned my lesson. For yesterday's game I bought seats in 241 and my crew and I had no complaints.

The Stony Brook game combined the heat with the misery of unwatchable football. While I prefer teams playing defense and offense, at least yesterday in the heat something happened on the field.

Reaction Score
Considering how the last few years have been, I have no complaints for anybody who actually shows up to watch a UConn football game anymore no matter where they sit.
It's much easier to layer up in winter than bake in the sun. I showed up and then went to shade at halftime. I'm pleased we have so many tough fans who sit in their assigned seats in the cold.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Laz parking might keep me away if it wasn't for the Aero Club.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This. No one cries for those of us behind the visitors' bench in late November and December when its 45 behind the UConn bench and 30 where I sit.

Toughen up sallies.

Smarten up?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It was 90 degrees. There was no way that you were going to keep intensity in the stands for very long. Even if the stadium had been full. The fact that we gave up TDs on their first three possessions took the crowd out of it until it determined we were actually capable of stopping them in the 4th quarter.

I don't know about that. There was some really awesome "Dance-Cam" action going on over in the sunny sections throughout the day. ;)

I've always said; give fans something to cheer about, and they'll oblige. That's the definition of "fan" in the first place...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom