The parking lots are empty. | The Boneyard

The parking lots are empty.

Reaction Score
they should let all 100 of you just sit where you want

Reaction Score
Fans will show by the 10's any minute now!
Seriously though that's disappointing but not totally unexpected.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IMG_4184.JPG
Did ECU not bring a single fan?

Reaction Score
The yellow shirts are ridiculous. They put all of them in the shaded areas and won't let people move to the empty shaded seats .

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will say that the shade side was pretty full except for the lower blue seats

Reaction Score
Win or lose, that was a fun game. Fans need to get out to the Rent and provide a boost. We score now and it is a fun brand of football. Local media needs to help us out and tell everyone that the games are now entertaining as heck and win or lose, it's a wild ride.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Win or lose, that was a fun game. Fans need to get out to the Rent and provide a boost. We score now and it is a fun brand of football. Local media needs to help us out and tell everyone that the games are now entertaining as heck and win or lose, it's a wild ride.

As the game started to get tighter in the beginning of the fourth quarter, you could see the small amount of fans start to catch fire and you could also see the team feeding off of it.

I thought to myself, "If this was even a 2/3 full stadium making noise, I think we win today." And I absolutely believe that to be true. It seemed like the defense fed off of it, and the sidelines certainly looked to be feeding off of it. It also helped that everyone migrated to the shady side, right across the view of our team's sidelines. That "more full" feeling I think provided a boost to put us right at the brink.

Let's hope we can win at SMU and get more folks to get more excited about coming out. Winning leads to fans. Fans lead to winning...

Reaction Score
Lots of offense helps too. Even though we got behind by 2-3 scores multiple times, the offense clicked enough that the fans didn't seem to reach the point where the game was hopeless. The closer we got, the more the fans got energized.

It was a horrid day for the D but one of the more excited crowds I've seen at the Rent in some time. Maybe since the Houston win.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In the end - there were maybe 30 ECU fans in the building. That includes the Pirate, 6 cheerleaders + 1 cheerleading coach.

Reaction Score
Announced attendance - 14,036. Mehh, sounds about right. No student section today didn't help that number.

Wonder what this would have gotten on a Saturday? 22k?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Announced attendance is always a little generous. Or sometimes a lot.

Reaction Score
I miraculously got five through the turnstiles for this game. Of course three of them were my little girls and 70 yo mom. Suffice it to say we were set to leave within 30 mins of the start.

Reaction Score
Even had we beaten UVA the crowd would have been anemic for ECU. This was originally our bye week. Lots of folks had already made plans and bought tickets for trips, concerts, etc. I applaud all of those who showed up--including my wife who decided not to attend a previously accepted invite to a birthday bash.

Reaction Score
Even had we beaten UVA the crowd would have been anemic for ECU. This was originally our bye week. Lots of folks had already made plans and bought tickets for trips, concerts, etc. I applaud all of those who showed up--including my wife who decided not to attend a previously accepted invite to a birthday bash.
last minute change AND a non-traditional college FB day make it tough for a lot of people. I know our weekends are booked months in advance, and I gave away my tickets yesterday since I couldn't sell then on the BY ticket exchange.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this game generated a profit or loss. Since the day and date of the game was changed, fans should have been given the opportunity for a full refund on the game ticket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom