The parking lots are empty. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The parking lots are empty.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this game generated a profit or loss. Since the day and date of the game was changed, fans should have been given the opportunity for a full refund on the game ticket.

They were told to contact the ticket office directly for options if they had a conflict (Refund was one of them).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The parking lot being empty didn't stop the guy in the green pickup truck (You know who you are) from dodging a neighboring tailgater's washer game.

You could hear the wood crack from 50 feet away. Once he realized he ran it over, he backed up, drove off, and parked on the other side of the lot, without so much as an apology for the owner of the homemade game.

Reaction Score
There is no way there was 14K at that game. If we broke 10K I'd be surprised.

Still, the lowest quantity of people I think I ever remember was that rainy UCF game where we ruined their perfect AAC season, I think there were maybe 300 people there at the end of the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is the lowest announced attendance since the Rent opened (presumably).

Can't be true - that SMU game had about 200 masochists sprinked around the lower bowl.

Exactly, the gate count for SMU was like 3k.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since the day and date of the game was changed, fans should have been given the opportunity for a full refund on the game ticket.

They were. You must be a casual fan.

Husky25

Reaction Score
There are 3 militant ones checking every ticket. Had to find one who didn't care and get some shade
Our seats were in the sun until almost halftime. My sons led me upstairs in to the shade, but when the rest of my group tried to follow us, they apparently ran into those ticket checkers and wouldn't let them up there.

I could see the issue with a full house or if we were in the blues, but it's certainly a different story with the stadium was 3/4 empty. I know they have a job to do, but a little common sense goes far. Everyone opposite the press box was in the concourse.

Reaction Score
Our seats were in the sun until almost halftime. My sons led me upstairs in to the shade, but when the rest of my group tried to follow us, they apparently ran into those ticket checkers and wouldn't let them up there.

I could see the issue with a full house or if we were in the blues, but it's certainly a different story with the stadium was 3/4 empty. I know they have a job to do, but a little common sense goes far. Everyone opposite the press box was in the concourse.

What section? I've only seen ticket checkers at the blue chairback sections of the upper bowl.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wonder if this game generated a profit or loss. Since the day and date of the game was changed, fans should have been given the opportunity for a full refund on the game ticket.

I would think at worst revenue neutral. After the hurricane there were several articles about the conference having insurance. I would think they could apply to at least get the game to a zero loss level.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are kidding right? It was miserable over there.
I sat there for the soccer game on Saturday. Hat and sunscreen and I was good. I have a healthy tan today.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If only UConn fans were as tough as MLS fans I guess.
I wasn't going to say it. But they might have had more fannies in the seats this weekend even if the announced attendance wasn't as high.

Reaction Score
After the Stony Brook game a few years back, I learned my lesson. For yesterday's game I bought seats in 241 and my crew and I had no complaints.

Husky25

Reaction Score
What section? I've only seen ticket checkers at the blue chairback sections of the upper bowl.
Our regular seats are in 102.

My kids led me up the stairs between 202 and 203. I don't know which stairs the rest of the crew tried to go. At halftime we went down stairs. My oldest went with my wife to get food. I took my youngest down to our normal seats when I got a text that they were in the shade.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It's supposed to be FUN not a test of your endurance.

If you want to sit in the sun more power to ya but why question anyone who want to enjoy the game from the shade.
To be fair, the press box box seats can be miserable in November after Day Light Savings ends.

Reaction Score
The yellow shirts are ridiculous. They put all of them in the shaded areas and won't let people move to the empty shaded seats .
One yelled at me yesterday for putting peanut shells on the ground. She said I'd have to go get another bag to put the shells in or I'd have to stop eating them. They have to keep the stadium clean, she said

I was pretty surprised. Always get peanuts and never got yelled at before. I was like the stadiums about 75% empty as it is. The cleanup effort isn't going to be monumental.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yep and wise people move to where there may be sun. This isn't brain surgery.
Typically, yes. On the other hand, it's an easier proposition to stave off hypothermia in the shade (more layers, hand/feet/body warmers) than heat exhaustion in the sun. Heck, my oldest was exhibiting signs and we were in the shade all game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom