OT: - The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This should be Johnny Depp's signature song with the Hollywood Vampires (if he could only sing or play the guitar at all).

Reaction Score
I saw this group live. In 1965, the Big Ape (WAPE) in Jacksonville, FL had a school spirit contest that required submitting the most sheets with 50 signatures per page to the radio station. We used to have signing parties and low and behold our school won. The prize was this group playing at a teen dance club, that was supposedly limited to students from our school. They did this song and a bunch of other covers. It was memorable. The song was OK, and it was better live.

Reaction Score
I think we could have some fun and enjoyment with this theme once again. This will be round 3 for us, as I've done a couple others in past years.

Post an old tune that was a favorite, or one that's obscure and out of the mainstream, or finally, perhaps one that was pretty well known, but has now faded off into the land of the forgotten.

I'll lead off with "Land of the Navajo" by the Group "Old and in The Way" , which describes me to a "T" by the way. The album came out in '75, and I think it was the only album they made, so it's old, kinda obscure, and also pretty forgotten about, so heck, guess it touches all the bases. Anyway, the group had some big names in it - Vassar Clements, Jerry Garcia of the Dead, Peter Rowan. and David Grisman:

I find it insulting and admiring your Title infers you are doing a thread on ME! Thanks.

Reaction Score

Kaizen, like your puppy and your songs. Lived near San Jose when the area was a fruit orchard. Now all the Social Media's and Apple occupy the land my tiny coup was standing on.

Reaction Score
Kaizen, like your puppy and your songs. Lived near San Jose when the area was a fruit orchard. Now all the Social Media's and Apple occupy the land my tiny coup was standing on.
Thank you TCC Kid. Have a wonderful night in San Jose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom