OT: - The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Renaissance made extensive use of orchestras in their formative years. Then some external events kind of made that not possible. Along with it Mick Dunford started playing an electric guitar. Their next album was a shock to me, but I've come to really like it. This is the real gem from the album:

Reaction Score
John and Mary/Jaco Pastorius/ Word of Mouth CD Dramatic, grand, imaginative, taking you to places you've never been musically. Gone to soon. Thank you for all the incredible music, Jaco.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Here is one from Joni Mitchell with Pat Metheny. She was into her jazz era by then. Listen to the tuning of her guitar and her chord changes. She did things so uniquely, and many artists were influenced by her. Someone once said that if there are musical geniuses, Joni is a genius with a capital G. Rick Beato did one of his "What makes this song great" videos about the album version of this piece that is worth a listen.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Grace Slick and the Great Society did a version of "Sally Go Round the Roses", too. @Scud49 jolted my memory with his Jaynetts post. This is prior to Grace joining the Jefferson Airplane and setting California on fire, figuratively at least.

Reaction Score
David Crosby and Graham Nash really nail this version of "The Lee Shore". I think Crosby's voice has never sounded better, and Nash (as per usual) provides perfect harmony:

Reaction Score
Oh, and how about the Allmans' jam on Donovan's tune?

This came from the same session that produced the exquisite Live at Fillmore East double album. According to Wikipedia, this song was influenced by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.

Reaction Score
How about The Blues Project, a jazzy blues-rock group from Greenwich Village in the mid-1960s? The group contained Al Kooper, who played with Dylan on Like a Rolling Stone.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Here is a great 40s classic by Man Tran. They are so smooth and polished.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom