OT: - The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another one from the 70’s, from Renaissance’s first or third album depending on how you count them.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
this is my philosophy regarding chocolate
vocals by Debora lyall
(song starts at 1:06)

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This is not old, but i think it may qualify as obscure. This is from "Live at KEXP". These ladies are wonderful performers and good friends. I know it is long, there are four tracks and some chit chat. Watch it all if you can, but definitely watch the final track. I hope you find it as worthwhile as I did.

Reaction Score
This is not old, but i think it may qualify as obscure. This is from "Live at KEXP". These ladies are wonderful performers and good friends. I know it is long, there are four tracks and some chit chat. Watch it all if you can, but definitely watch the final track. I hope you find it as worthwhile as I did.

Bama - thanks, that was quite the find. I liked them a lot, terrific harmony - I think I'll download some of their tunes for certain. :D

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't even remember what I've posted on this thread, hopefully not repeating myself.

This band featuring a husband and wife duo have been making music for more than 30 years, never gotten much attention. This is about as uptempo as they get. Some of their stuff is so mellow you have to check your pulse occasionally to make sure you're still there. Also the name is misspelled in this clip, it's "Innocence."

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I like this song in particular, some of their other stuff is decent. The studio version is a bit different than the video version. This one builds a bit slowly. Wiki says they are still active, but haven't put out an album since 2014. Down from 4 to 2 members. Originally 3 Estonian born siblings and the husband of the sister. Based out of Portland, OR.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I can't even remember what I've posted on this thread, hopefully not repeating myself.

This band featuring a husband and wife duo have been making music for more than 30 years, never gotten much attention. This is about as uptempo as they get. Some of their stuff is so mellow you have to check your pulse occasionally to make sure you're still there. Also the name is misspelled in this clip, it's "Innocence."

A classic. One of my favorites.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This is splitting and stacking season, so this one came to mind:

You are okay with me ,@Bigboote! BTW, buttered scones are wonderful at tea. Oh, and my favorite tree mentioned in the intro has to the flatulent Elm of West Ruislip. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
HaHa BB - that was some pretty funny stuff. Here's another good one, probably heard it about 20 years ago so its a bit old, and maybe obscure too:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I posted this a few years ago, so maybe it's forgotten (Gretchen Menn on guitar)

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's one that's brilliant, old, and kinda forgotten about - The Who and "Underture"

Gawd, I can listen to that all day and all night. On the surface it's so simple, but there are layers. The drumming is phenomenal. Throughout the whole album, Keith's drums are a melody instrument, but in the Underture the cymbals and tympani are out of this world.

There's nothing like going out for a three-hour run (once the weather cools down) and queuing up Tommy, Who's Next, and Quadrophenia.

Reaction Score
Hope's post of "Surfin Bird" in the other thread got me thinking about the original inspiration for that one - The Rivington's Papa Oom Mow Mow, which dates back to '62 so its certainly an old one:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I've always liked this song. I never knew what the title was, so I would just say, "Hey, play that pink houses song, would you?"

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I've always liked this song. I never knew what the title was, so I would just say, "Hey, play that pink houses song, would you?"

BTW, I think that's Miriam Sturm who comes in at 3:39 to play the violin. nice touch of class, I think

1594951576346.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks to Bama for posting the Haley Reinhart stuff. I'd forgotten how much I love her. I have her first album, which is pretty good, but she's really better-suited to older-style stuff. I discovered she did an album of mostly 60's stuff. Here's her take on Blind Faith:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Thanks to Bama for posting the Haley Reinhart stuff. I'd forgotten how much I love her. I have her first album, which is pretty good, but she's really better-suited to older-style stuff. I discovered she did an album of mostly 60's stuff. Here's her take on Blind Faith:

She is really good ,@Bigboote . But certain stuff is exceptional. When I saw her and Morgan James I was amazed. The two do a cover of "Dear Prudence " that is just them and a guitar in a living room. Wonderful.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
@Bigboote . Here is a very sweet version of "Can't Find My way Home". It is more acoustical than others. Features Rachel Price of Lake Street Dive, and Chris Thile ,et al.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom