The Official UConn Show Me Winning (!) Thread !! | Page 36 | The Boneyard

The Official UConn Show Me Winning (!) Thread !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny thing is with that block xp, it made it a harder decision. I'd rather lose with my best player with the ball (shireffs) than another fake field goal.

Reaction Score
Well, whatever happens the boys acquitted themselves well. This is n0 110th ranked team. Fingers crossed..
I thought that UConn made Missouri look bad! The announcing staff really was jumping on the Missou bandwagon for that totally overrated quarterback who sucked to high heaven or at least based on how UConn made him look. Were UConn's offense doing anything special, this would have been an easy UConn victory! I'm listening to this Missou coach talk up his team and it made me gag because though their defense was okay, they were trying to stop a UConn offense that has very little fire power, playing at home!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't mind the play call. Boyce's pass was a straight lolly pop in the air. Awful. A Johnny MacEntee esq pass.

No. It was Tim Boylesq. They should not have put the game in his hands. He is a loser.

Reaction Score
Pinkel just confirmed they were sitting on that. I wonder what tipped him off? Maybe because we ran the SAME FACKING PLAY IN THE FIRST HALF?!?!?

Mother facker.

Reaction Score
Wow Bobby. Amateur hour. He is still not taking this seriously enough. Not only is it just dumb dumb dumb, if you aren't going to roll with either your offense to get you 4 yards or your kicker to make a 42 yarder, then you clearly do not believe in your team. It doesn't matter that special teams has struggled, you just can't do that crap. You have to believe in them in that scenario.

Here I am again, thinking we took the training pants off lil Bobby too soon.

ENERGY VAMPIRE!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
huskysupporter said:
Don't blame boyle, he had to throw into triple coverage because bloom was the only freaking guy who ran a route!!!!! WTF!!!! Kick it or go for it. Of course Mizzou players were playing the fake. Smh.

And he threw a perfect pass the previous time, which was dropped. Dropped passes hurt us all game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah if we don't miss an extra point, we kick right there. Plus a giveaway safety. STs loss here

They missed a FG too. You can't only count the mistakes on one side.

Reaction Score
Pinkel just confirmed they were sitting on that. I wonder what tipped him off? Maybe because we ran the SAME FACKING PLAY IN THE FIRST HALF?!?!?

Same play, different formation, they shifted into a bunch formation on the left-side the first time and faked a bubble screen to Knappe

Reaction Score
Surely we made many errors. Surely, if we make a couple less, we pull out the win.
But.
We went into a top 25 ranked opponents stadium, stuffed them all day long, except one drive where they needed multiple scrambling plays to get the score, and we were in position to win on the last play.

This is a very good omen for the rest of the season, and, while I Forwould have been ecstatic with a win, I feel very optimistic looking forward. Our Defense was very, very good.
For Missouri to need about 16 plays to score on a fourth down play just shows how good UConn's defense played and how lucky they were to walk off the field with a win.

Reaction Score
It was a duck*ing terrible play call you guys. Tired of this nice to be here . Leave the Offense on the field or kick it he did neither

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Surely we made many errors. Surely, if we make a couple less, we pull out the win.
But.
We went into a top 25 ranked opponents stadium, stuffed them all day long, except one drive where they needed multiple scrambling plays to get the score, and we were in position to win on the last play.

This is a very good omen for the rest of the season, and, while I would have been ecstatic with a win, I feel very optimistic looking forward. Our Defense was very, very good.

Dont forget the series they actually scored was the one with the BS 3rd down catch that the refs didnt review.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Totally disagree with the move. I know we've had blocked kicks, but an OT game where our D has been as good as theirs is an ok gamble. That said, it was a really bad throw.

Reaction Score
I wish that UConn had attempted to score with their offense rather than try that fake field goal that was pretty much diagnosed from the get go. Other than that, I think UConn really proved something to themselves and to a lot of people in the country. With a better offensive line and a couple more talented skill players, UConn would be doing quite well. Diaco seems to have things going in the right direction and it's quite encouraging!

Reaction Score
Bummer but the team represented. At 4th and 4 and a 42 yard field goal it seems like the fake was the lower percentage play of the three. Even with the fake, there are better options than going down the middle with it. The one good takeaway is that the team appears to be legit. A razor's edge away from a great ending. . .

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Either kick it.

Or give Shirreffs a chance to make a play.

Don't go for a fake FG... Unbelievably bad call.

Reaction Score
cohenzone said:
Totally disagree with the move. I know we've h ed kicks, but an OT game where our D has been as good as theirs is an ok gamble. That said, it was a really bad throw.

He had to throw and he had one choice, throw into triple coverage. Just a bad call. Of course Mizzou is playing fake

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. That empty set was working for us, and Bobby screws it up once again. Why not get the 4 yards when then offense was hot? Instead you put the struggling special team to make a play??? makes no freaking sense. That game was ours to win.

Reaction Score
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be so pissed off after a 3 point loss.

No more Internet for me.

Mother facker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member