The Official UConn Show Me Winning (!) Thread !! | Page 18 | The Boneyard

The Official UConn Show Me Winning (!) Thread !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Aside: I'm a fan of college girls in sports bras.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The offensive line still needs a lot of work. Mizzou d is in the backfield before our running backs even touch the ball.

Precisely why play action and screens should pop soon.

Reaction Score
If Mauk stays in, do you think they can drive 80 yards? I'm not asking as a noggle, asking for your honest opinion. Me? I don't think they can unless they try some trick play that sparks them.
All it takes is one missed assignment by the D. Need points.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The offensive line still needs a lot of work. Mizzou d is in the backfield before our running backs even touch the ball.
That is the obvious weak link and has been known for a while. They are really young. Let's see how they develop.

Reaction Score
You can't give them the wind and the ball in the third quarter because you can't play from behind.
If you opt for defending one end zone, then Mizzou has the choice of either receiving or kicking off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Second half line is Mizz -10
Total is 19
UConn team total is 3.5

Dooley

Reaction Score
Nitpicking but why do the announcers keep blaming us for the ugliness? Missouri isn't playing pretty football and has a pretty good defense. I want Brothers on the Giants

Welcome to ESPiN. They have invested a gazillion bazillion dollars in the SEC. If they don't blow out everyone, it's because the opponent is playing some sort of ugly, unpleasing-to-the-eye brand of football.

That said, we are playing some sort of ugly, unpleasing-to-the-eye brand of football...AND I LOVE IT! All I care about is getting a W. That's on the table right now guys.

Reaction Score
True but they are one of the best defenses in the country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you opt for defending one end zone, then Mizzou has the choice of either receiving or kicking off.

Right and if you pick an endzone you are going to take the wind in the fourth quarter. Which gives them the ball and wind in the third.

Reaction Score
upload_2015-9-19_19-43-41.png

Halftime in Germany... Hefe Weiße and Bushmills!

Reaction Score
My heart cant take this game any further. Should really bode well for my golf game this afternoon.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'd still take the wind. You give them the ball with the wind for the 3rd while our D is fresh. Then when our D will be tired, you have a strong wind at our backs. Might even result in some points for us. I want their kickers and struggling QB going against a stiff wind in the final quarter when it's time to win this thing.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Just finish it, who cares if it's ugly let the haters hate.

Reaction Score
That is the obvious weak link and has been known for a while. They are really young. Let's see how they develop.

Hopkins, Samra and Vechery won't be starting come next year. Crozier, Oak and Rutherford will be. It's temporary.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Nitpicking but why do the announcers keep blaming us for the ugliness? Missouri isn't playing pretty football and has a pretty good defense. I want Brothers on the Giants
To my ear, it sounds like they are giving us credit for mucking it up rather than blaming us. It's complimentary.

Reaction Score
Right and if you pick an endzone you are going to take the wind in the fourth quarter. Which gives them the ball and wind in the third.
They could opt to kick off & pin UConn toward their own end zone. UConn would then have basically everything they wanted.

Reaction Score
Weather.com has the wind in Columbia at 11 mph, not exactly a stiff breeze.

Reaction Score
Welcome to ESPiN. They have invested a gazillion bazillion dollars in the SEC. If they don't blow out everyone, it's because the opponent is playing some sort of ugly, unpleasing-to-the-eye brand of football.

That said, we are playing some sort of ugly, unpleasing-to-the-eye brand of football...AND I LOVE IT! All I care about is getting a W. That's on the table right now guys.

Or they're commenting based off our terrible offense last year and the fact we are a 3TD underdog.

Reaction Score
We're winning. Looks beautiful to me so far.

30 more minutes - let's GO!!!

Reaction Score

You're plainly seeing the effect of not being in a P5. ESPN is constantly pimping Missouri, as if this is their home broadcast, while we're just an uninteresting opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom