The Official UConn Show Me Winning (!) Thread !! | Page 17 | The Boneyard

The Official UConn Show Me Winning (!) Thread !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So if you're Mizzou, what adjustments do you make? Mine would be QB replacement. He's had some guys open that he's missing by yards, not inches. Making bad decisions left and right. That FR that came in for a series looked fine.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not surprising offense was ugly. Both teams young on offense.

Reaction Score
Okay. Joe D. said that the wind is blowing briskly in one direction. UConn has the 2nd half option. My question: Does UConn take the ball or opt for having the wind behind them in the 4th quarter? This game is going to boil down to field position. If UConn opts to receive, Mizzou is just going to tee off on defense. What to do?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Totally disagree. The risk/reward was not in our favor. They are lucky that Mauk absolutely sucks and let them off the hook. Gotta take the 40 plus seconds off the clock there.
Gambles are less gambles when the opposing team's offense is bad.

Dooley

Reaction Score
UConn halftime adjustment: no more runs between the tackles. It's clear as day they are queuing in on that. That means Newsome bumps up to 1 and run him on stretches and toss plays. That also means play action is on the table. They bit hard on the miss downfield shot to Bloom (DeLo was WIDE OPEN on that play). They are selling out to stuff the run. You catch them on a play action and we can hit them for a BIG play.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Okay. Joe D. said that the wind is blowing briskly in one direction. UConn has the 2nd half option. My question: Does UConn take the ball or opt for having the wind behind them in the 4th quarter? This game is going to boil down to field position. If UConn opts to receive, Mizzou is just going to tee off on defense. What to do?

Take the wind. This game is ugly and could be all up to specials. Make their kickers make big kicks against the wind. I like the way our defense is going to work today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Totally disagree. The risk/reward was not in our favor. They are lucky that Mauk absolutely sucks and let them off the hook. Gotta take the 40 plus seconds off the clock there.

Their is a ton of risk in punting.

Missouri wasn't going to do anything with an extra 40 seconds.

There was more potential points for Missouri by forcing the punt than there was gaining 40 seconds.

Look what happened on the punt - they needed a lucky bounce to field it.

Even taking all that into account I love the attitude and the confidence and it should have worked.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Take the wind. This game is ugly and could be all up to specials. Make their kickers make big kicks against the wind. I like the way our defense is going to work today.

Plus, if Mauk stays in the game, throwing against the wind surely won't help him out either.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
So if you're Mizzou, what adjustments do you make? Mine would be QB replacement. He's had some guys open that he's missing by yards, not inches. Making bad decisions left and right. That FR that came in for a series looked fine.

They already tried a qb replacement, then went back to mauk....

Edit, read whole thing next time....

Reaction Score

Diaco's only mistake of the 1st half imo. They had time to score a TD. That would have been deflating to the team if they had.

Reaction Score
UConn halftime adjustment: no more runs between the tackles. It's clear as day they are queuing in on that. That means Newsome bumps up to 1 and run him on stretches and toss plays. That also means play action is on the table. They bit hard on the miss downfield shot to Bloom (DeLo was WIDE OPEN on that play). They are selling out to stuff the run. You catch them on a play action and we can hit them for a BIG play.

A pick 6 by UCONN D would be a nice cherry on top.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Dooley said:

No way. You roll with your guy no matter what. It's all about loyalty.

**crosses fingers mauk stays in**

Dooley

Reaction Score
No way. You roll with your guy no matter what. It's all about loyalty.

**crosses fingers mauk stays in**

LOL. Yeah, that's what I mean to say.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You can't give them the wind and the ball in the third quarter because you can't play from behind.

If Mauk stays in, do you think they can drive 80 yards? I'm not asking as a noggle, asking for your honest opinion. Me? I don't think they can unless they try some trick play that sparks them.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the analysts were saying... it hasn't been hard to watch for me, it's been entertaining (if a bit frustrating)

Reaction Score
The offensive line still needs a lot of work. Mizzou d is in the backfield before our running backs even touch the ball.

Reaction Score
Nitpicking but why do the announcers keep blaming us for the ugliness? Missouri isn't playing pretty football and has a pretty good defense. I want Brothers on the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom