The Official Tourney Thread | Page 51 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
choke job by oregon right now
huh?

Congrats Oregon!! This is turning out to be a great final four. Gonzaga (1st time), Oregon, lets hope South Carolina can win it and in the other game...welll....I dislike both but I dislike UNC more (so...Go Kentucky?)

Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone is still alive from the last Oregon team to make the Final Four.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They play in a bad conference with a bunch of teams that puke on themselves anytime they play Kansas.

Put them in a real conference, and they'd be about 2 seeds lower on average.
seriously, bill self is the ultimate underachiever... winning 13 titles says more about the crap conference than how good kansas is

Reaction Score
"We've been the underdogs all 3 games" - Dorsey, what you played a 14 seed and an 11 seed

Reaction Score
Congrats Oregon but you listen to these post game interviews and you think to yourself "These are "UNI educated" kids?" I mean, wow. Stuff like "we was"....etc.

Reaction Score
Congrats Oregon but you listen to these post game interviews and you think to yourself "These are "UNI educated" kids?" I mean, wow. Stuff like "we was"....etc.
How about "hey, Westcoast wake up" Dude doesn't know time zones.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Gonzaga Invitational folk$. Carolina has the best shot to beat them (if they even advance) but Gonzaga may hang 100 on them and that should be plenty. EZ.

Reaction Score
Gotta disagree with this, Bell isn't getting dominated by anybody and Oregon's side of the bracket is much stronger.

Seriously. Gonzaga just beat an 11 seed to make the final 4 and Oregon had to play a road game against Kansas and will now have to face the UNC/Kentucky winner.

Reaction Score
Yah but if the Zags win (or if it is Oregon or S. Carolina), at least it will be someone new. That is all I want at this point. Please no UNC or Kentucky or Florida...Please.

Reaction Score
Seriously. Gonzaga just beat an 11 seed to make the final 4 and Oregon had to play a road game against Kansas and will now have to face the UNC/Kentucky winner.

UConn beat a 10 seed (I think they're still playing this year) to make their first Final Four. You can only beat who is in front of you.

Reaction Score
On the scale of Kansas tournament flame-outs, this one ranks pretty far down the list. They just weren't that good.

That said, Self got out-coached. It was interesting to see a team on their way to the final four playing a match-up zone. I guess those gimmicks work sometimes, huh?

This game was a great representation of what a great shot-blocker can do for a team when he's put in the right scheme. Bell dominated that game defensively.

Reaction Score
I wanted to give a shout out to Stockton, a class act from Gonzaga who got to see his alma mater make the final four for the first time ever. I love this quote: "In June, Stockton was selected by the Utah Jazz in the first round of the 1984 NBA draft with the 16th overall pick.[17] A relative unknown during his college career, his stock rose significantly in the months before the draft.[18] The announcement of his selection to the thousands of Jazz fans gathered at the Salt Palace on draft day was met with a stunned silence"

They did not remain silent for long! He was one of my favorite NBA players ever.

Reaction Score
Wonder where Oregon would be if Boucher didn't get hurt. Seems like dudes have really stepped up in his absence.

Reaction Score
I was telling my wife how Jordan bell wanted to go to uconn but there were academic red flags so we didn't go after him that hard.

As soon as he did his post game interview and started thanking Jesus and blabbering on she looked at me and said "I can see why there might have been academic issues"

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hey, did you guys catch the two Uconn shout outs? Kemba and Napier!

edit: I am glad Barkley said he hates all these timeouts...
Can you summarize what was said and by who?

Reaction Score
UConn beat a 10 seed (I think they're still playing this year) to make their first Final Four. You can only beat who is in front of you.

Huh? That was in reference to the guy saying that Oregon has/had a much easier road than Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Basically just talking about players ability to take over games and create their own shots in crunch time. Kemba and bazz were the examples they gave

Reaction Score

Kenny Smith just name dropped them both as examples of guys we've seen who are able to create and make their own shots when talking about how Oregon having guys like that (Dorsey and Brooks specifically).

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kenny Smith just name dropped them both as examples of guys we've seen who are able to create and make their own shots when talking about how Oregon having guys like that (Dorsey and Brooks specifically).
I'm taking that as a personal insult.

Someone get Goodman on the phone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom