The Official Tourney Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
That was a foul and interference. Should be reviewable

Reaction Score
god refs are HORRIBLE THIS year.

Is this a joke? I do not even have a horse in the race. But this is getting ridiculous... (re: Zags/Nwestern).

Should be a 3 point game right now.

This is really bad. No excuse even if commentators are trying to paint that picture.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gonzaga doing its best to give it to NU
Collins oozes Puke aura - makes me want to puke

Reaction Score
C7POzzbVoAAiGMS.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Terrible. It is not even hard to see. Everyone saw it live, how do you miss that? Changes the whole complexion of the game. Gonzaga is the non P5 darling.

Why even watch?

Reaction Score
wow, that missed call on what should have been a 2 for nwestern followed by a technical (absolute bs) gives the zags a 4 point swing and the win by just 6. Hope the zags bow out next round. Refs really doing a great job taking control of games this year. That and arkansas/shall. Really bad.

Reaction Score
Zags lucky it was Northwestern as their 2nd round opponent and not a program that's been there like Wisconsin or they'd probably have been toast. The last 10 mins were their usual deer in headlight postseason looks.

Reaction Score
wow, that missed call on what should have been a 2 for nwestern followed by a technical (absolute bs) gives the zags a 4 point swing and the win by just 6. Hope the zags bow out next round. Refs really doing a great job taking control of games this year. That and arkansas/shall. Really bad.
They play anything like that and they won't get past WVU.

Reaction Score
DAMMIT I didn't re-check my bracket but now I do and I see I "picked" Gonzaga over WVU.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How lucky did Xavier get with drawing Maryland and then FSU?
Xavier is a really good team who lost their PG in January - if he was still playing, they would have been top 10 - easy
Xavier and Butler are probably the most disciplined teams on both sides of the ball in the tourney

Reaction Score
How unprepared is FSU? They didn't even make a run in the second half. Embarrassing.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
That was an egregious ref error that cost two points. I think any coach with a pulse probably gets T'd up there.
Yeah because costing your team another two points is the optimal response.

Reaction Score
Yeah because costing your team another two points is the optimal response.
He was 100% correct in being pissed. That was already a 4 point swing (missed two + Gonzaga 2 on the other end, but the T added two more points...and that folks is your ball game).

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
He was 100% correct in being pissed. That was already a 4 point swing (missed two + Gonzaga 2 on the other end, but the T added two more points...and that folks is your ball game).
Not sure why college basketball coaches (including our guy Mick) are given a total free pass for acting like total loons on the sideline. Collins literally leapt a foot onto the court. It was a bad call, they were still only down what 4 or 5 points? Keep it moving.

Reaction Score
Not sure why college basketball coaches (including our guy Mick) are given a total free pass for acting like total loons on the sideline. Collins literally leapt a foot onto the court. It was a bad call, they were still only down what 4 or 5 points? Keep it moving.
The biggest issue with college ball is there are totally different (and very clearly so) standards depending on coach. Coach K does the very same once or twice a game and almost never, if ever, gets called. But you do that once as an up and coming coach, especially vs. the wrong team (Gonzaga is the non P5 darling) and *poof* t'ed up. That was so not a T. The guy was right. Anyone with two eyes regardless of sight (20/20 or 20/200 could see that was a hand through the hoop. You let THAT go and you basically make yourself an open target for the rest of your career for horrible calls. One of the worst calls I have seen all year.

Reaction Score
Would love for St. Mary's to win this after last weeks ESPN/Bill Walton Pac 12 infomerical and non stop smearing of Gonzaga's league as "the little sister of the poor" while hyping the "Conference of Champions."

And as I say this St. Mary's best player picks up his 4th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom