The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

Reaction Score
Was at the Yardgoats/Patriots game last night.

Figure it’s good time to focus on the future. Fun to get a chance to see Jasson Dominguez live. He hit two rockets: a HR to center field and a laser single. Good speed on the bases and held his own at CF too. Glad to have caught him at a good game.

Trey Sweeney impressed too: a smart, solid SS and rocked a triple late in the game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On major league baseball's biggest offensive night in 130 years we got two hits.

Nothing to worry about however as Cashman hinted they may be active at the trade deadline.

I'm curious as to what has to happen before they realize this isn't working.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Was at the Yardgoats/Patriots game last night.

Figure it’s good time to focus on the future. Fun to get a chance to see Jasson Dominguez live. He hit two rockets: a HR to center field and a laser single. Good speed on the bases and held his own at CF too. Glad to have caught him at a good game.

Trey Sweeney impressed too: a smart, solid SS and rocked a triple late in the game.

That game took forever. We left in the middle of the 6th and still didn't get home until after 10:00. Not a fan of walking the dogs that late.

The Goats manager getting run was entertaining, but it appeared the Ump made the correct call. The ball clearly hit over the yellow line.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yankees need to be sellers...this team isn't good. They know the truth on Judge's injury...is it another couple weeks or a season ender? Season ender...definitely sell. Even if he comes back...they probably should be sellers.

Of course... they don't have a lot to sell. Torres? Bader? Severino? Bullpen?

Reaction Score
Yankees need to be sellers...this team isn't good. They know the truth on Judge's injury...is it another couple weeks or a season ender? Season ender...definitely sell. Even if he comes back...they probably should be sellers.

Agree hope they are active in selling not buying. They aren’t winning anything everyone in the AL East is better than them even with Judge so please just get rid of baggage if you can and then fire management.

Reaction Score

Hearing Judge is close but what does that mean in Yankee world, soon is what the last week of the season? Gotta sell whatever you can the crazy thing is bringing up the kids a wild card is possible but not expecting it with Boone in charge.

This isn’t 2016 with Girardi you had aging vets on that team, good signings that got old. Matt Blake should be the interim manager.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Rodon looking solid tonight. Gave up 6 runs in 3 innings so far.

Sad Fran Healy GIF by Travis

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Just checked in on our favorite team...someone named Chase Silseth and his over 5 ERA has struck out 7 Yankees in 4 innings and they have 2 hits.

And they are losing 6-0.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Rodon looking solid tonight. Gave up 6 runs in 3 innings so far.

Sad Fran Healy GIF by Travis
I get that his first few starts back will be bumpy....I am more alarmed by the continued lack of any offense against crappy pitchers.

But would have been nice if Rodon also wasn't stinking up the place...lol.

Reaction Score
They’re going to start 1-5 against the Rockies and Angels (without Trout). Can we please end this soon make some news, fire the stiffs and start anew.

Reaction Score
I get that his first few starts back will be bumpy....I am more alarmed by the continued lack of any offense against crappy pitchers.

But would have been nice if Rodon also wasn't stinking up the place...lol.
Are they professional at bats though and did they make the pitcher work. It’s only late July we just have to get on a roll.

Reaction Score
“Well ya know we swung the bats really well we scored 3 runs were playing really right now it just hasn’t been the results we’re looking we just have to keep banging”- Aaron Boone

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Yankees struck out 16 times tonight.

The team is lost.

Oh well...it will make it easier to be sellers.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The other day I watched Twins/Mariners instead of these windmills.

Reaction Score
Trevino on the DL and the Yankees have recalled Ben Rortvedt (.286/.395/.505) in AAA, so who knows, maybe Rortvedt will inject some offense in the Yankees' incredible unproductive catcher position.

While I'm on the topic of AAA, Florial has been raking: .291/.388/.585 splits with 21 home runs and 18 stolen bases in 282 ABs.

I can't fathom the idea why the Yankees won't DFA one of Bauers/McKinney/Calhoun/Cordero/Allen to fit Florial on the 40 man roster.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Trevino on the DL and the Yankees have recalled Ben Rortvedt (.286/.395/.505) in AAA, so who knows, maybe Rortvedt will inject some offense in the Yankees' incredible unproductive catcher position.

While I'm on the topic of AAA, Florial has been raking: .291/.388/.585 splits with 21 home runs and 18 stolen bases in 282 ABs.

I can't fathom the idea why the Yankees won't DFA one of Bauers/McKinney/Calhoun/Cordero/Allen to fit Florial on the 40 man roster.
Florial is a mystery. It almost seems personal. I know he has a strikeout issue...but there is a lot of talent there and you would think they would give him a shot instead of scouring the waiver wire for retreads.

Reaction Score
As the trade deadline approaches, I’m in agreement with most that I don’t want the Yankees to do much unless they can add talent without giving up top prospects.

To be honest, Cordero/Calhoun can go, but I can live with an outfield of Bader/Bauers/McKinney/Stanton before Judge returns.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out what the Yankees might do by Tuesday.

A Ken Rosenthal article last week guessed the Yankees will buy and sell and also might be influenced by being 1.1 million over the final $293 million luxury-tax threshold.

One idea (his pondering) to do that is deal soon-to-be free agents (Severino, Bader) or even Torres help offset the loss of assets to acquire an OF and/or SP.

I realize very few or no one here really wants to see the Yankees adding pieces, but I'd expect a few surprise trades this trade deadline.

One player I'd love to trade: Clay Holmes. He's back to being awesome and he's a free agent after 2024. The bullpen is deep and a closer of his caliber, in my opinion, is very overrated for a borderline playoff team like the Yankees.

Like Chapman years ago, I'd love to offset him if we're able to get a nice haul that helps our short-term future.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out what the Yankees might do by Tuesday.

A Ken Rosenthal article last week guessed the Yankees will buy and sell and also might be influenced by being 1.1 million over the final $293 million luxury-tax threshold.

One idea (his pondering) to do that is deal soon-to-be free agents (Severino, Bader) or even Torres help offset the loss of assets to acquire an OF and/or SP.

I realize very few or no one here really wants to see the Yankees adding pieces, but I'd expect a few surprise trades this trade deadline.

One player I'd love to trade: Clay Holmes. He's back to being awesome and he's a free agent after 2024. The bullpen is deep and a closer of his caliber, in my opinion, is very overrated for a borderline playoff team like the Yankees.

Like Chapman years ago, I'd love to offset him if we're able to get a nice haul that helps our short-term future.
Do you really think Holmes would bring back a "haul"? I just don't see it. Chapman was maybe the top reliever at the time of his trade. Holmes is just another up and down reliever who has shown occasional closer potential. It could be worth it to trade him...but I don't expect that much in return.

But...I am open to any change. I just want the decisions to focus on long term and not this season.

Reaction Score
Do you really think Holmes would bring back a "haul"? I just don't see it. Chapman was maybe the top reliever at the time of his trade. Holmes is just another up and down reliever who has shown occasional closer potential. It could be worth it to trade him...but I don't expect that much in return.
Holmes has a 0.91 ERA over his last 30 appearances.

The trade deadline often hauls are often based on "what have you done for me lately?" Of course, Holmes will not yield a Chapman-esque or Hader-esque return, but last season Jorge Lopez netted Yennier Cano, plus three other prospects.

Or, maybe Holmes could be traded in a need-for-need deal where we trade to a closer hungry team and acquire an extra bat as part of the package.

Just spitballin'.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here we go again Cole 5 shut out innings so far 2 hits but the offense has just 2 hits in 6 versus a guy with just under a 7.00 era. Awful

Reaction Score
Here we go again Cole 5 shut out innings so far 2 hits but the offense has just 2 hits in 6 versus a guy with just under a 7.00 era. Awful
Make that 7 innings in 90 degree weather. Coles prime is being wasted. Judge looks locked in but it’s one guy, and suprise suprise Orioles are pitching around him.

Reaction Score
Typical 2023 Yankees losses, Orioles are for real and they are only going to get better.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
That guy is a highly regarded rookie. Threw 99 in the 7th.

But still.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom