How many hits can you expect with a crappy lineup like that lol? Embarrassing

Thank God they finally sat Donaldson or you would replace a .256 with .145

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
.225, .248, .254, .195, .215, .227, .227, .210, .205

How many hits can you expect with a crappy lineup like that lol? Embarrassing

Thank God they finally sat Donaldson or you would replace a .256 with .145
How could they have known that the team would struggle offensively and have major injury issues?

Oh yeah...they were the same team last year...now they are just older.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And he’s only judged by his record and not by the team that offers little to zero support.
My point is that these days pitchers are judged by advanced stats and not W-L record.

Reaction Score
My point is that these days pitchers are judged by advanced stats and not W-L record.

Really could care less about advanced stats I judge my teams pitchers (and any other for that matter) by how well he’s pitching and if he’s giving his team a chance to win games. Cole has been really good this year and deserves much better than 8-2. Simple enough in the baseball world.

Reaction Score
For you Hartford area Yankees fans:

Their AA affiliate Somerset will be at Hartford July 18-23. Three of their top five prospects (Dominguez, Wells, Sweeney) play for Somerset.

I’ll be up there the 18th wearing a mix of Yardgoats and Yankees stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For you Hartford area Yankees fans:

Their AA affiliate Somerset will be at Hartford July 18-23. Three of their top five prospects (Dominguez, Wells, Sweeney) play for Somerset.

I’ll be up there the 18th wearing a mix of Yardgoats and Yankees stuff.
Only slim pickings remain for the homestand. Probably be sold out by next week.

Reaction Score
Only slim pickings remain for the homestand. Probably be sold out by next week.
That’s awesome. Love how people show out for the Yardgoats.

My wife got me tickets to the game and a stay at the Storrs Graduate for my birthday present, so we’re locked into that game.

Reaction Score
Really could care less about advanced stats I judge my teams pitchers (and any other for that matter) by how well he’s pitching and if he’s giving his team a chance to win games. Cole has been really good this year and deserves much better than 8-2. Simple enough in the baseball world.
The lineup screwed Cole out of the all star game.

Reaction Score
A crazy stat I just learned about Josh Donaldson's 9th home run.

Josh Donaldson only has 13 hits in 93 at bats (.140). Nine of them are home runs.

I'm sure you're all in agreement is we took away all of his HRs in exchange for doubling his batting average.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A crazy stat I just learned about Josh Donaldson's 9th home run.

Josh Donaldson only has 13 hits in 93 at bats (.140). Nine of them are home runs.

I'm sure you're all in agreement is we took away all of his HRs in exchange for doubling his batting average.
And they've only won one of the games he's homered in (not counting today).

If the only hits he gets are home runs and we normally lose when he hits one, maybe it's time to cut bait.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Casey spend 69 games with the Sox after this play, but because he is now a Yankee, there is sort of an obligation to throw a bit of good-natured static at The Mayor. There is a clip in the replies of him explaining it to Dan Patrick. He thought Joe Crede caught it and stopped running. Casey seems to be a good guy. Ergo: "The Mayor."

Reaction Score
I’m digging Sean Casey as the new hitting coach. One of the better all around hitters of his day.

Absolutely a good hitter and knowledgeable. I’m hoping they let him be his own hitting coach and not make him be what these analytical dopes like. Interesting hire we will see.

Reaction Score
Was reading some articles on whether the Yankees would go after Ohtani and one of the writers was saying that Juan Soto would be a better fit than Shohei. Obviously, either guy would be awesome to see in pinstripes. If you had a magic wand, which player would you rather see in NY?

Reaction Score
Was reading some articles on whether the Yankees would go after Ohtani and one of the writers was saying that Juan Soto would be a better fit than Shohei. Obviously, either guy would be awesome to see in pinstripes. If you had a magic wand, which player would you rather see in NY?

This is an absolute no brainer for me Ohtani all day. He seems to becoming a better hitter as he matures and he pitches well. Soto has been somewhat disappointing. His OBP is always solid and obviously he would be real good in the Stadium. But Ohtani is the choice here and he’d hit 40/50 easily a year especially with Judge healthy.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I guess the issue is Stanton clogging the DH role. If he can play in the field then Its Ohtani.

But...I love how young Soto is and he would fix the LF hole. An outfield of Soto, Bader and Judge would be amazing.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I guess the issue is Stanton clogging the DH role. If he can play in the field then Its Ohtani.

But...I love how young Soto is and he would fix the LF hole. An outfield of Soto, Bader and Judge would be amazing.
Who are we giving up to get either of these guys is my question?

I’d think anyone outside of Judge and Cole are fairly worthless and any of the minor leaguers who have come up in the recent past haven’t made a huge impact so our farm system rankings might be met with some skepticism.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
This is an absolute no brainer for me Ohtani all day. He seems to becoming a better hitter as he matures and he pitches well. Soto has been somewhat disappointing. His OBP is always solid and obviously he would be real good in the Stadium. But Ohtani is the choice here and he’d hit 40/50 easily a year especially with Judge healthy.
If a realistic argument could be made that we are currently close enough to being a legitimate contender that adding a Soto or Ohtani would make a run to the world series very possible I would absolutely make an attempt to add one of them.

If we could receive some assurance that either would consider signing before free agency I also would give it a lot of thought.

As either would cost us Peraza, Dominguez and likely our next four (or more) prospects and we would still likely be in a position where we would need to compete with a handful of other teams to sign them in the offseason I'm not sure I give up what would be required to get them this summer for a few more regular season wins, maybe an extra playoff game or two but still falling short of the world series.

This team has far too many holes in the lineup (and less than ideal defense in a couple spots) to think one player could put us over the top.

Reaction Score
If a realistic argument could be made that we are currently close enough to being a legitimate contender that adding a Soto or Ohtani would make a run to the world series very possible I would absolutely make an attempt to add one of them. I myself would keep Peraza and if anything trade Volpe. But that’s me.

If we could receive some assurance that either would consider signing before free agency I also would give it a lot of thought.

As either would cost us Peraza, Dominguez and likely our next four (or more) prospects and we would still likely be in a position where we would need to compete with a handful of other teams to sign them in the offseason I'm not sure I give up what would be required to get them this summer for a few more regular season wins, maybe an extra playoff game or two but still falling short of the world series.

This team has far too many holes in the lineup (and less than ideal defense in a couple spots) to think one player could put us over the top.

Totally agree can’t make any such deal without signing these guys to a contract of some years. Again don’t think they’ll be players for anyone anyway not with Cash in charge and the way Hal plays the game.

Reaction Score
Would rather Ohtani but I think Soto would be the better fit. I think the Cashman and Boone would mismanage Ohtani, Stanton needs to DH a lot with Soto he’s playing in the OF everyday. Not expecting it though, Cashman will go dumpster diving for another .200 hitter who has launch angle.

Reaction Score
Very happy Peraza is back! Hopefully it's for good.

Loved his fire after hitting that go ahead single in the 11th. Nice speed on the SB too.

.261/.352/.495 w/ 12 HR and 11 SB in just 216 AAA at bats this season. He's also graded as one of NYY's best defensive prospects, so to me, there's no need to play Donaldson again this year, even though Peraza would be playing out of position at 3B (5 starts at 3B this season in MLB and 2 in AAA).

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
If I had the authority I'd put Donaldson on the 90 day DL.

In all candor, earlier in the year, when he was on the DL to start the seadon I told a couple coworkers that I wouldn't consider activating him this year.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I would greatly prefer Peraza at a middle infield position but I'll take the remainder of year with him as our primary third baseman.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I would greatly prefer Peraza at a middle infield position but I'll take the remainder of year with him as our primary third baseman.
I think DJ will be the primary third baseman...but with the way he has been hitting... maybe he should just come off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom