The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 42 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Benetendi gone to White Sox one less actual hitter we had for a few cups of coffee.

Joey Gallo got 11M wow baseball is screwed up.
Gotta give Joey credit....there is always someone who will pay him too much money...lol.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Starting Volpe Day 1 is totally worth the risk if he's not ready.

Yankees fans would be JAZZED (homegrown kid who grew up 40 miles from Yankee Stadium) and we've got a heck of a contingent plan in DJ if he needs to spend more time in AAA.

An offseason highlighted by Judge + Rodon + Volpe = an exciting opening day
Don't forget, we signed Cashman!!!!

Reaction Score
Benetendi 5 years for 75 million, bargain and an actual hitter. But Cashman is looking at Michael Taylor, Max Kepler or Ian Happ. These guys all fit perfectly most of the time well under .250 and hardly any power to speak of. Yeah Cash keep up the good work, add these bats to the OF with Hicks and Cabrera to protect Judge :confused:I really can't believe they kept this stiff!

Reaction Score
Carpenter got 11 million from the Padres. Good for him and more than I’d be willing to sign him for. He was fun while he lasted!
Agree for the most part but if we end up in the direction the "rumor mill" has us we will be spending too much on guys with less ability once again. Benetendi at 15M was an absolute bargain!

Reaction Score
Benetendi 5 years for 75 million, bargain and an actual hitter. But Cashman is looking at Michael Taylor, Max Kepler or Ian Happ. These guys all fit perfectly most of the time well under .250 and hardly any power to speak of. Yeah Cash keep up the good work, add these bats to the OF with Hicks and Cabrera to protect Judge :confused:I really can't believe they kept this stiff!
Judge would not have resigned if Cashman handled the negotiations. Hal had to step in because the Yankees probably would’ve lost a billion in revenue and were gonna get a ton of local and national media backlash if Cashman stuck to his drawing a line in the sand stance.

Not saying the Yankees don’t wanna win but was signing Judge about winning championships or was it about selling tickets. Of course I’m not faulting Hal for signing Judge it was the right move.

Reaction Score
Agree for the most part but if we end up in the direction the "rumor mill" has us we will be spending too much on guys with less ability once again. Benetendi at 15M was an absolute bargain!
Brandon Drury off the board too would’ve liked him, 2 years 17 mill, meanwhile we’re paying Hicks 30 mill for the next 3 years and Donaldson 25 mill this year lol.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Since the Yankees had benetendi for a test drive...I do wonder if they thought he wasnt a good fit in NY.

Reaction Score
Plus, he sucked when he got here.
It definetly didn’t help batting him 5th and 6th instead of leadoff or 2nd. He was starting to get it together before he got hurt.

Reaction Score
Since the Yankees had benetendi for a test drive...I do wonder if they thought he wasnt a good fit in NY.
My guess: he didn't want to stay in NY, not where he wanted to live for the next five years.

Reaction Score
Plus, he sucked when he got here.

He was excellent in compared to the rest of that lineup. Early on he wasn’t great but soon after he was so much better than Donaldson, Hicks and Cabrera it was obvious. They’re all dreadful but they’ll all be on the 40 man roster. Awful baseball team yet again!

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Most publications (ESPN and Athletic) give the Yankees a very high grade for the offseason. I think they did well...but not great. I didn't like re-signing IKF. I am good with signing Judge (love it short term, hate it long term). I love the Rodon signing.

They haven't solved the Donaldson/Hicks dilemma yet. They haven't found a left fielder. And who is the closer?

I think it's a solid B offseason...but publications think it's an Am I being hypercritical? Or is the media off here?

Reaction Score
We're not done yet... I give them an incomplete until pitchers and catchers report. They still do nothing else by then, they get a B-

Reaction Score
Most publications (ESPN and Athletic) give the Yankees a very high grade for the offseason. I think they did well...but not great. I didn't like re-signing IKF. I am good with signing Judge (love it short term, hate it long term). I love the Rodon signing.

They haven't solved the Donaldson/Hicks dilemma yet. They haven't found a left fielder. And who is the closer?

I think it's a solid B offseason...but publications think it's an Am I being hypercritical? Or is the media off here?
B is fair, I'd go A-.

Mostly because I can't argue any of the below moves being "bad":
  • Judge deal: what was the other option? Headliner obviously
  • Rodon: Like you, I love this deal
  • Rizzo: Relatively low-risk for a good performer and a great clubhouse guy
  • Kahnle: IMO, a steal. 2 years, 5.75 M per
  • IKF: No issue with this deal.
  • Not signing Benitendi: non-issue...my guess is he didn't want to play in the Bronx

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There have been rumors of a big deal brewing. Not buying it at all. Cashman still thinks Donaldson has some life left in the tank. He is convinced Hicks will have a "bounce back" year. He is delusional.

Biggest mistake Hal made was signing Cashman for 4 more years.

Reaction Score

Geez I don't see it. Rodon is a solid move but they lost their only good hitter in the OF besides Judge in Benetendi. Crappy hitting team still especially if Hicks and/or Donaldson are still in it. I'm not upset about IKF he's a ton better than the aforementioned duo. IKF at 3rd if they had an experience SS would be fine considering he has a GG there and at .265 is 40-50 points better than Donaldson. Still need a LFer who can get on base and bat in the .280-.300 area. A healthy Lemaihue is important as well. Is King coming back or is he a late year or another season away? Bullpen, closer? Holmes wasn't the same guy either at years end, will he come back to early season or will we be searching for a closer?

I don't see where they got better at all minus Rodon.

Reaction Score
There have been rumors of a big deal brewing. Not buying it at all. Cashman still thinks Donaldson has some life left in the tank. He is convinced Hicks will have a "bounce back" year. He is delusional.

Biggest mistake Hal made was signing Cashman for 4 more years.

This ^^^^^

How can they be any better than a C- with just the fact they resigned Cashman. And to add Judge in as a great signing, he was a Yankee thats not an acquisition to grade. If this guy really thinks either Donaldson or Hicks will be part of this lineup then make this a D- at best. Neither should be part of the plan.

Reaction Score
He was excellent in compared to the rest of that lineup. Early on he wasn’t great but soon after he was so much better than Donaldson, Hicks and Cabrera it was obvious. They’re all dreadful but they’ll all be on the 40 man roster. Awful baseball team yet again!
Agree with you about Donaldson, Cabrera, and especially Hicks. Disagree strongly if you’re including Harrison Bader, Jose Trevino, DJ LeMahieu, Stanton, Judge and Torres in that “Awful baseball team”. What was awful last season was the bull pen and starting rotation. That’s why they didn’t have a prayer in the playoffs. I’ll also say that RJ Cole is the most overrated pitcher in baseball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom