The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Reaction Score
Cashman is still the GM. No more needs to be said.

He is today but needs to go his time is up. His moves have been horrible and some of the players he’s kept haven’t worked out. I mean the Hicks contract was horrid and keep believing in Sanchez? Gotta go

Reaction Score
Look at this Redsox with an 8-5 lead on the Rays now. If they win this game they have a tied series going to Fenway with Eovaldi on the mound, there are no excuses for the Yankees.

Have the Yankees scored 8 runs against the Rays in a season this year.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He is today but needs to go his time is up. His moves have been horrible and some of the players he’s kept haven’t worked out. I mean the Hicks contract was horrid and keep believing in Sanchez? Gotta go
It feels like the game has passed Cashman by. He was a good GM for a number of years...but he hasn't figured out how to win in today's environment. The game is different...he isn't. He still thinks adding Gallo was a good idea.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Cashman has one year left on his contract. Hal Steinbrenner is not going to fire Cashman. Strike One!

Steinbrenner seems to be in favor of bringing Boone back. Strike Two!!

Sanchez will still be a Yankee next season. Strike Three!!

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Cashman has one year left on his contract. Hal Steinbrenner is not going to fire Cashman. Strike One!

What's the definition of insanity?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Yankee's striking out. How out of character. :rolleyes:

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Who do you root for in Boston versus Houston? This is a tough one. I despise both.

I think I will just ignore this series and skip to the world series. I will be rooting for LA. Not an Atlanta fan after living there for 24 years.

Reaction Score
Who do you root for in Boston versus Houston? This is a tough one. I despise both.

I think I will just ignore this series and skip to the world series. I will be rooting for LA. Not an Atlanta fan after living there for 24 years.

Impossible.

May the best camera win!

Reaction Score
That's easy. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Cashman and the Yanks.

They got rid of Thames and Nevin. Cashman should be able to do a better job without those guys around, let’s blame them.

Reaction Score

I despise all 4 remaining teams for a range of reasons. Was hoping for the Giants, primarily because they're not the other 4 and I love AT&T park. Guess I'll focus on UConn hoops and my abysmal Fantasy Football team instead.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan, let me give Hal some advice. Fire cashman and hire a GM who can develop a farm system AND is not afraid to pull the trigger on a deal involving top 4 prospects.
Cashman will not make trades unless he looks like the clear winner and that has clearly backfired over the years.
It is inexcusable for the Yankees to not make the World Series for 12 straight years with the talent and payroll flexibility they have had.
Don’t get me wrong I enjoy every part of it.
But them hiring a Dombrowski type - a guy who will trade two of the top 5 prospects for 1 or 2 clutch bad asses that will put them over the top - is what I would fear most.
And by the way NY winning in 2009 was because Cashman dropped a half a billion on Sabathia, teixeira and Burnett.
It was Steinbrenner money and not Cashman that was significant that year (and arod having a crazy year)
Cashman is very good at the international free agent market but he has no balls to take a big leap.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan, let me give Hal some advice. Fire cashman and hire a GM who can develop a farm system AND is not afraid to pull the trigger on a deal involving top 4 prospects.
Cashman will not make trades unless he looks like the clear winner and that has clearly backfired over the years.
It is inexcusable for the Yankees to not make the World Series for 12 straight years with the talent and payroll flexibility they have had.
Don’t get me wrong I enjoy every part of it.
But them hiring a Dombrowski type - a guy who will trade two of the top 5 prospects for 1 or 2 clutch bad asses that will put them over the top - is what I would fear most.
And by the way NY winning in 2009 was because Cashman dropped a half a billion on Sabathia, teixeira and Burnett.
It was Steinbrenner money and not Cashman that was significant that year (and arod having a crazy year)
Cashman is very good at the international free agent market but he has no balls to take a big leap.

Viking is correct the main issue here is Brian. Brian needs to go to get the actual winning flowing again. Anyone can win 90 games a year with the money’s he’s allotted but can you imagine a Billy Beane or Dombrowski (dare I say Theo) with these same capabilities? Hal needs to do this or we are same ol same ol.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looks like the end of the Clint Frazier experiment in the Bronx. Yanks dropped him, Odor and Wade. I liked Wade, but he never seemed to be able to hit at a high enough rate to stay in the lineup. I won't miss Odor.

Reaction Score
I understand the other guys, but surprised/disappointed about Wade. He's a unique player who can play a lot of positions and brings an element that's missing in this team.

Reaction Score
I understand the other guys, but surprised/disappointed about Wade. He's a unique player who can play a lot of positions and brings an element that's missing in this team.
They could only protect 40 guys on the roster. They must have felt that Wade was more easily replaced than one of the prospects they chose to keep. I suppose there's always the chance that Wade makes it through waivers and can remain with the team. It will be interesting to see who takes a flier on Frazier and whether he can still have the career that we all envisioned for him. The guy has the tools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom