The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lee elci, he of owning the radio airwaves in eastern Connecticut, 94.9, had a pal on this am to discuss bombers, and they said that they thought these trades/roster moves are being done to prepare for a big deal coming. i like luke a lot, but it may be that the infield going forward might be gio, gleybar, dj, and mr x? at ss. idk. i like rugalach too, but he and luke may be on the starting outs. looks like monty and domingo may be settling in. hey klubot, looey, come on down!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Word on the street (okay, MLB.com) is the Yanks are acquiring Joey Gallo.

.223 avg and 25 home runs. 75 BBs.

I can't believe he is only 27. He's a Gold Glove RF so I guess he's going to LF?

Huge lefty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Word on the street (okay, MLB.com) is the Yanks are acquiring Joey Gallo.

.223 avg and 25 home runs. 75 BBs.

I can't believe he is only 27. He's a Gold Glove RF so I guess he's going to LF?

Huge lefty.

Perfect addition tons of strike outs and a .200 hitter. Cashman at his finest!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have been warming up to this trade. I guess I am desperate for a lefty bat. And....he is good defensively. I wonder if this is the end of the Clint Frazier experiment. Frazier will start hitting at some point....it just won't be with the Yankees.

Reaction Score
I have been warming up to this trade. I guess I am desperate for a lefty bat. And....he is good defensively. I wonder if this is the end of the Clint Frazier experiment. Frazier will start hitting at some point....it just won't be with the Yankees.

Well the scary thing is he’s an improvement on our lefties and defensively but not the answer. Not sure yet what they gave up but I hope none of the many prospects were high on the totem pole.

No matter in his 2 highest AB years he batted .209 and .206 respectively this year at .223 he's killing it LOL. Just another Cashman gem.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Well the scary thing is he’s an improvement on our lefties and defensively but not the answer. Not sure yet what they have up but I hope none of the many prospects were high on the totem pole.
They were rising prospects. Duran is a kid that many scouts liked this spring.

Reaction Score

The good news is he's hitting 50 points better than Frazier, bad news is Frazier was God-awful at .180 ........ this is a really frustrating move for a fan as we now see there is no end to Cashmans attempt to keep the Yanks irrelevant. He needs to be let go so badly!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
At this point I’m kinda, meh whatever. Maybe Gallo gives the team a shot in the arm to make a push for the wild card and beyond, but when not one guy is batting over .300, it makes you wonder what the fudge is going on there…

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

sox l's -40, yanks l's 47, 7/29/21. last day of season, 10/3/21.
patience is a virtue.

Reaction Score
At this point I’m kinda, meh whatever. Maybe Gallo gives the team a shot in the arm to make a push for the wild card and beyond, but when not one guy is batting over .300, it makes you wonder what the fudge is going on there…
Have you seen the Rays? They don’t have a .300 hitter either. They have a much lower team batting average and OBP and have over 100 more strikeouts as a team than the Yankees. They’ve also scored 100 more runs despite all that.

Reaction Score
So what do we think about Rizzo? I have to admit...the lineup balance is much better.

Rizzo is fine. It adds a solid OBP guy and puts Lemaihue at 2nd base taking out Odor which strengthens the lineup a little. Good addition, but how does Cash give up so much for Gallo too.... and others get Berrios and Duffy? He sucks

Reaction Score
Have you seen the Rays? They don’t have a .300 hitter either. They have a much lower team batting average and OBP and have over 100 more strikeouts as a team than the Yankees. They’ve also scored 100 more runs despite all that.
The Rays are always an above the numbers team. They are good in clutch situations and don’t beat themselves.

Reaction Score
Yanks just won with all three of their pitchers making major league debuts. That's gotta be the first time that's happened in...like ever? Too lazy to check Elias.

Luis Gil first Yankee to pitch six scoreless innings in his debut since 1992 (Sam Militello).

Reaction Score
Yanks just won with all three of their pitchers making major league debuts. That's gotta be the first time that's happened in...like ever? Too lazy to check Elias.

Luis Gil first Yankee to pitch six scoreless innings in his debut since 1992 (Sam Militello).

Gil looked good. (Of course I saw the Militello game too he looked good then as well). Nice movement on the fastball and a little slider had some heat too with little effort it seemed. Ridings also some cheese with a real nice breaking ball. Not even in the Top 30 prospects for the Yanks but making a run it seems fast.

And they hit better in this game than they did in the last 4 and yet somehow have won 4 of 5. Thanks only to Rizzo and pitching for the Marlins wins.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and to think neither of his previous teams even thought to toss him out there in an mlb game..... 25, 100+ easy gas...

the trade deadline thing revealed that mssrs cashman et als (rocky!) have mebbe the most jacked farm system. awesomesauce, and thanks brian.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have noticed a pattern.... Yankees win a few games and cliffy loves posting on here....Yankees lose a few games...cliffy disappears.

Casual fan ;)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
paddling out the other day when i heard that kumo now sleeps with da fishes (u knew that, amiright?), i wuz thinking how exciting this whole left handed bats balance thing is for our rapidly expanding final run. rizzo and gallo's impact on our defense is epic. you and ur issues?
1a18f06e8ed776cb9290fb21a73f7639.jpg

team just needed a couple of texans to stiffen our spine. yanks now 10 over. 3 back in the loss from sox, which apparently wuz 7 back like 5 minutes ago. highwater thus far. moar to come, much moar. patience is a virtue.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yanks win again, this time by sending out a new pitcher almost every inning, but youse knew that, right? we discussed their superior pen long, long ago.

Reaction Score
Friday's game was the first time ever a team has won in extra innings and none of its pitchers pitched 2 innings. That's baseball, Susan.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
rougalach hit another homer, now 13, which is moar than that $300 m guy for team el-collapso, with the same rbi's, and all in 25% less ab's.
yanks win. again. up next? who cares? we don't. bring 'em on!

giancarlo now 17/54/.266 with .362 ob. turrible, trade him. lol. hey sevey, klubot, come on down!

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yankees are 8-1 since news broke they got Rizzo.

They lost 14-0 to the Rays on the day they pulled the trigger for Gallo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom