The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Reaction Score
hey! i just realized that ruggy is a few months younger than lindor, and has more homers and rbi's in less ab's. odd.
is it over yet, experts? did we trade away the whole team? is it even possible, with months left to the season, to even catch up when behind by a handful of games?

I knew you were due but let’s check back after this 4 game series ok? The thing I like about Ruggy is he can bunt for a hit. The drag bunt a few nights ago was sweet he should try once a game. Less swing and misses that way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I knew you were due but let’s check back after this 4 game series ok? The thing I like about Ruggy is he can bunt for a hit. The drag bunt a few nights ago was sweet he should try once a game. Less swing and misses that way.
W knew coming in that Roogie was a big swinger.

1626984222904.png

1626984238056.png

Reaction Score
German entering the 8th inning with a no-hitter. Struck out four in the seventh inning! 90 pitches so far.

Sanchez hustles out a triple!

What is happening today?!

Reaction Score
German entering the 8th inning with a no-hitter. Struck out four in the seventh inning! 90 pitches so far.

Sanchez hustles out a triple!

What is happening today?!

There goes the no hitter, let’s see if the choking pen can get 6 outs. It’s now 4-2 im just gonna ahead and call it a choke job right now.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
There goes the no hitter, let’s see if the choking pen can get 6 outs. It’s now 4-2 im just gonna ahead and call it a choke job right now.
Wasn’t watching the game but got a Bleacher Report notification about the no-no. Went to drop some clothes off at the Goodwill and the next notification that popped up was the Yankees lost 5-4. Such a frustrating season.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t watching the game but got a Bleacher Report notification about the no-no. Went to drop some clothes off at the Goodwill and the next notification that popped up was the Yankees lost 5-4. Such a frustrating season.
After 2 games Green blew I have just assumed the pen will blow it. I was also trying to offset the classic boneyard jinx post by the previous poster lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boone is dreadful. He lost 2 of the games with awful moves. Thursday night Cessa had a 5 pitch 8th and didn’t bring him back out for the 9th, plain stupid. Today did he really need to take German out immediately after giving up his first hit? He had the Sox off balance with his change all game let him see a couple more batters please. Dope!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yesterday was German's longest outing (into the 8th) and second longest in terms of pitches, of the year. I'm not defending Boone. He is awful, but German was running on fumes.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable taking out German. He had the Sox baffled
Yesterday was German's longest outing (into the 8th) and second longest in terms of pitches, of the year. I'm not defending Boone. He is awful, but German was running on fumes.
Fumes? Striking out 4 in the 7th is running on fumes? Lol

Husky25

Reaction Score
Fumes? Striking out 4 in the 7th is running on fumes? Lol
Did you turn the game off after the 7th and miss Verdugo's 380 foot double?

How about in German's previous 4 starts he threw 70, 17, 34, and 47 pitches?

He was gassed and the only reason he was out there was the no-hitter.

Reaction Score
Did you turn the game off after the 7th and miss Verdugo's 380 foot double?

How about in German's previous 4 starts he threw 70, 17, 34, and 47 pitches?

He was gassed and the only reason he was out there was the no-hitter.
Did you read my reply I guess not. I mean it was a fly out if Allens first step wasn't in and then he turned the wrong way too and it landed next to him, it was an out. Want to answer the question I had for you first please? How does 4 K's in the 7th tell you the no no was the only reason he was out there. That's ridiculous he made 4 guys look awful the inning prior how does one fly ball later make him gassed? Good news is you can coach the Yanks too with that train of thought, or are you Boone?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Did you read my reply I guess not. I mean it was a fly out if Allens first step wasn't in and then he turned the wrong way too and it landed next to him, it was an out. Want to answer the question I had for you first please? How does 4 K's in the 7th tell you the no no was the only reason he was out there. That's ridiculous he made 4 guys look awful the inning prior how does one fly ball later make him gassed? Good news is you can coach the Yanks too with that train of thought, or are you Boone?
You know the saying about if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle? Well, Allen's first step was in and the ball wasn't caught. It was a hit.

Secondly, that wasn't your question...and I did answer.

Here is your original question:
Striking out 4 in the 7th is running on fumes?

Pitchers strike out the side all the time. Even vs. good hitting teams. Four strikeouts in an inning indicates that Gary Sanchez very well might be a subpar catcher. No, what told me German was running on fumes is that yesterday was his largest workload of the season, most pitches in two months, with pressure added as the game went on.

To answer the question above:
How does 4 K's in the 7th tell you the no no was the only reason he was out there.

4 ks in the 7th indicates nothing about the no no being the only reason he was out there. Getting taken out of the game immediately after giving up a hit tells me the no no was the only reason he was out there.

Reaction Score
You know the saying about if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle? Well, Allen's first step was in and the ball wasn't caught. It was a hit.

Secondly, that wasn't your question...and I did answer.

Here is your original question:
Striking out 4 in the 7th is running on fumes?

Pitchers strike out the side all the time. Even vs. good hitting teams. Four strikeouts in an inning indicates that Gary Sanchez very well might be a subpar catcher. No, what told me German was running on fumes is that yesterday was his largest workload of the season, most pitches in two months, with pressure added as the game went on.

To answer the question above:
How does 4 K's in the 7th tell you the no no was the only reason he was out there.

4 ks in the 7th indicates nothing about the no no being the only reason he was out there. Getting taken out of the game immediately after giving up a hit tells me the no no was the only reason he was out there.

You make little to no sense thats the only no no worth talk about. 4 K's means a lot the inning prior, or was it the Red Sox hitters that were on fumes? They looked awful, he made them look that way doesn't mean anything about how many innings he's pitched all year at all. He had them completely off balance all game and really off balance in the 7th. And to answer your crazy theory part of it is right. Sanchez is a sub par catcher I have no doubt about that. And while many pitchers strike out the side it would be are a pitcher who was running out of gas would do so in the 7th inning and then add another, it's really that simple. And a 380 foot fly ball should not be the reason for the manager to give the ball to his sub par bullpen, that is my point. They already gift wrapped another game in this series why would he go there? I'm good, we're done!

Husky25

Reaction Score
You make little to no sense thats the only no no worth talk about. 4 K's means a lot the inning prior, or was it the Red Sox hitters that were on fumes? They looked awful, he made them look that way doesn't mean anything about how many innings he's pitched all year at all. He had them completely off balance all game and really off balance in the 7th. And to answer your crazy theory part of it is right. Sanchez is a sub par catcher I have no doubt about that. And while many pitchers strike out the side it would be are a pitcher who was running out of gas would do so in the 7th inning and then add another, it's really that simple. And a 380 foot fly ball should not be the reason for the manager to give the ball to his sub par bullpen, that is my point. They already gift wrapped another game in this series why would he go there? I'm good, we're done!

I can't imagine why you seem to take criticism of the Yankees so personally. Eh, C'est la vie.

4 Ks in the 7th means German got out of the inning despite his catcher.

It's also really not that unusual, especially lately. It's happened 90 times in history and German was the 5th pitcher to do it this season.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine why you seem to take criticism of the Yankees so personally. Eh, C'est la vie.

4 Ks in the 7th means German got out of the inning despite his catcher.

It's also really not that unusual, especially lately. It's happened 90 times in history and German was the 5th pitcher to do it this season.

I’m criticizing my Yankees this has nothing to do with me taking it you’re so lost. This has to do with how little sense you’re making but by all means play on. Head bang

Husky25

Reaction Score
I’m criticizing my Yankees this has nothing to do with me taking it you’re so lost. This has to do with how little sense you’re making but by all means play on. Head bang

I thought you were done? You can criticize your Yankees but no outsiders can. Got it.

I just made an observation to no one in particular. You responded to me.

At the time Loaisiga wasn't an unreasonable call (though hindsight being 20/20, why not Cessa the day before an off day?). The Yankees were up 4 and Loaisiga had not been scored upon in a month, spanning 8 2/3 innings. On the other hand, he blew up vs the Royals the last time he was scored upon. Is he really all or nothing?

At the end of the day, German is a glorified long reliever who unexpectedly gave the Yankees a chance to win a game they desperately needed. With the win, they'd be 7 games out of 1st behind a tied Boston and Tampa, as of Sunday night. As it stands this morning, they are 9.5 out. Should they be buyers? Being only 3.5 out of the second wild card spot, we will see if a 4.90 ERA BP arm helps.

Here's another observation: Albeit a small sample size (27 games), but since the "sticky stuff" crackdown, The Yankees are under .500. Take it FWIW.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Here's another observation: Albeit a small sample size (27 games), but since the "sticky stuff" crackdown, The Yankees are under .500. Take it FWIW.
They were pitching much better earlier in the year. It's hard not to think there is a correlation with the crackdown. Pitching was holding the team together....now it's failing them and they are a bad team. Especially the bullpen.

Husky25

Reaction Score
They were pitching much better earlier in the year. It's hard not to think there is a correlation with the crackdown. Pitching was holding the team together....now it's failing them and they are a bad team. Especially the bullpen.
In typical fashion Shaky, thank you for the level-headed response.

Reaction Score
I thought you were done? You can criticize your Yankees but no outsiders can. Got it.

I just made an observation to no one in particular. You responded to me.

At the time Loaisiga wasn't an unreasonable call (though hindsight being 20/20, why not Cessa the day before an off day?). The Yankees were up 4 and Loaisiga had not been scored upon in a month, spanning 8 2/3 innings. On the other hand, he blew up vs the Royals the last time he was scored upon. Is he really all or nothing?

At the end of the day, German is a glorified long reliever who unexpectedly gave the Yankees a chance to win a game they desperately needed. With the win, they'd be 7 games out of 1st behind a tied Boston and Tampa, as of Sunday night. As it stands this morning, they are 9.5 out. Should they be buyers? Being only 3.5 out of the second wild card spot, we will see if a 4.90 ERA BP arm helps.

German was 18-5 a couple years ago but he's only a glorified reliever, never could you imagine he could pitch like that LOL. You continue to amaze me with stupidity. But no matter how you want to throw it out there, the fact you say he was obviously gassed after striking out 4 the inning prior then giving up a 380 foot fly ball takes the cake. It makes zero sense but please continue with your hilarious attempt amuse us.

Husky25

Reaction Score
German was 18-5 a couple years ago but he's only a glorified reliever, never could you imagine he could pitch like that LOL. You continue to amaze me with stupidity. But no matter how you want to throw it out there, the fact you say he was obviously gassed after striking out 4 the inning prior then giving up a 380 foot fly ball takes the cake. It makes zero sense but please continue with your hilarious attempt amuse us.
Yup. Definitely seem done.

Put aside for a moment that Wins is a virtually useless individual stat for pitchers, if performance earlier the same year means nothing, how does a single, mostly worthless, stat from two seasons prior?

German enjoyed the 8th best run support in the AL (6.3) in 2019, while sporting an ERA over 4, before some off-field activities, so to speak...allegedly of course...Also, two of his wins (and one loss) came as a result of multi-inning, relief in the middle innings (or as some would call it, a long relief).

As it is, I am getting off this train. 2 days is quite long enough. Of course I reserve the right to comment in the future, but I can't see any value in pointing out any further what should be plainly clear on this subject.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yup. Definitely seem done.

Put aside for a moment that Wins is a virtually useless individual stat for pitchers, if performance earlier the same year means nothing, how does a single, mostly worthless, stat from two seasons prior?

German enjoyed the 8th best run support in the AL (6.3) in 2019, while sporting an ERA over 4, before some off-field activities, so to speak...allegedly of course...Also, two of his wins (and one loss) came as a result of multi-inning, relief in the middle innings (or as some would call it, a long relief).

As it is, I am getting off this train. 2 days is quite long enough. Of course I reserve the right to comment in the future, but I can't see any value in pointing out any further what should be plainly clear on this subject.

You were never on the train 25. Still never justified your answer of him being gassed after a 4 strike out inning, still waiting. But beating around the bush is something you did well for 2 days. And by the way that’s where I disagreed but you made it everything else you could. Well done but still never made any sense. Lol

Husky25

Reaction Score
You were never on the train 25. Still never justified your answer of him being gassed after a 4 strike out inning, still waiting. But beating around the bush is something you did well for 2 days. And by the way that’s where I disagreed but you made it everything else you could. Well done but still never made any sense. Lol
It's there. You missed it. Not my problem and I'm over it.

Be that as it may. I guess there was a reason Cessa wasn't 1st out of the 'pen, if the Yankees were negotiating a trade for Crash Davis:

Reaction Score
It's there. You missed it. Not my problem and I'm over it.

Be that as it may. I guess there was a reason Cessa wasn't 1st out of the 'pen, if the Yankees were negotiating a trade for Crash Davis:

Again still waiting 25. 4 Ks inning prior, let me know what you come up with. But nice deflection or attempt! Hilarious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom