The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Reaction Score
I would hope so. You’re gonna pay him 324,000,000.

They should ask him if they can rework his conract a little so they’re paying him a million a year 20 years after he’s done playing like Bonilla.

Reaction Score
They better make some big time moves in July, I don’t see how they can sneak into the Wild Card with what they’ve got.
This trade deadline for the Yanks feels like a weird dance. I don't foresee a 2016 sell off and it would be terribly imprudent if they acquired a big player. I also don't think it's a good time to trade Torres or Frazier w/ their value super low.

One guy I am open to trading is Luke Voit. Immense power potential, but the Yankees need to get rid of these 30% K rate type guys and Voit is the easiest to trade.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This trade deadline for the Yanks feels like a weird dance. I don't foresee a 2016 sell off and it would be terribly imprudent if they acquired a big player. I also don't think it's a good time to trade Torres or Frazier w/ their value super low.

One guy I am open to trading is Luke Voit. Immense power potential, but the Yankees need to get rid of these 30% K rate type guys and Voit is the easiest to trade.
I hate to agree with you because I love Luke Voit, but you’re right. Honestly the only positional players you should keep are Judge, Gleyber, and DJ. Add Urshela in there too.

No one would want Stanton for his awful contract. Frazier I love too, but he doesn’t belong in NYC he needs a small market. Sanchez, Andujar, Hicks and the rest of em’ need to go.

Just find me two players who hit .325 with 30+ SB and actually enjoys bunting.

Reaction Score

Was watching the Euro Cup on my phone while at my son's baseball game. Just watched Saka's PK get saved and then saw the Yanks blew it in the 9th. Couldn't even swear as the Ump at the game was on a rampage about parents chirpping (he really does need glasses) and I was also surrounded by a bunch of NJ Itallians. At least my son played well and his team won 6-2.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was watching the Euro Cup on my phone while at my son's baseball game. Just watched Saka's PK get saved and then saw the Yanks blew it in the 9th. Couldn't even swear as the Ump at the game was on a rampage about parents chirpping (he really does need glasses) and I was also surrounded by a bunch of NJ Itallians. At least my son played well and his team won 6-2.
I was watching Euro Cup with the Mets game on Gamecast on my iPad. Silly me I thought the Mets lead was safe.

I was happy with the result of the soccer game but felt terrible for Saka. But that’s on the coach IMO.

Reaction Score
I was watching Euro Cup with the Mets game on Gamecast on my iPad. Silly me I thought the Mets lead was safe.

I was happy with the result of the soccer game but felt terrible for Saka. But that’s on the coach IMO.
I'm a Gunner fan and am happy for Saka's play during the Euros. That said, he's 19. A 20-year vet would have nerves stepping up to that kick in that situation. Bad call by the coach. Way worse by the idiots on social media after.

Reaction Score
Hilarious that any fan of the Yanks would even get happy if they held on against the Astros. Granted it would have been nice but it was yet another ugly display of an awful offensive team. The pitching carried the efforts 2 nights as they only scored 5 runs in 18 innings. The Stros don't have Bregman and Correa either and then Sunday 14 walks given up by Astro pitching and without that 3 run HR by Sanchez the Yankes were lucky to muster up runs with tons of base runners. They're dreadful Hank is a to allow this to go on without change. Hard to be a Yanks fan at all.

Reaction Score
Hilarious that any fan of the Yanks would even get happy if they held on against the Astros. Granted it would have been nice but it was yet another ugly display of an awful offensive team. The pitching carried the efforts 2 nights as they only scored 5 runs in 18 innings. The Stros don't have Bregman and Correa either and then Sunday 14 walks given up by Astro pitching and without that 3 run HR by Sanchez the Yankes were lucky to muster up runs with tons of base runners. They're dreadful Hank is a to allow this to go on without change. Hard to be a Yanks fan at all.
Leave Hank alone. Especially since he’s dead.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yankees going all out to avoid the Red Sox. :mad::mad::mad:

6 players in COVID protocol with Gio Urshela and Aaron Judge among them.

Apparently not all players got vaccinated.

Reaction Score
Yankees should just forfeit all 3 games gonna get swept anyways so save everyone’s time. I know Judge and Gio got the vaccine.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Shut out. 3 for 30 at the plate.

Reaction Score
Gary Sanchez's batting numbers since losing the leg kick (approx May 7th):

1626620513110.png

Evidence right there to at least keep Sanchez around for this year and next.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! i just realized that ruggy is a few months younger than lindor, and has more homers and rbi's in less ab's. odd.
is it over yet, experts? did we trade away the whole team? is it even possible, with months left to the season, to even catch up when behind by a handful of games?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
cuz u need this to remind u that it's just sports, and not the 'existential crisis daily update.'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom