The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
u are correct aboot my posting an incorrect w-l. a mistake on my part.
the rest of ur observations sound eerily like all the other hasty comments from weeks ago when the bombers prospects and season were over. then, they were a handful of games under .500, while now, they are a few games over.
as then, so now. much ado aboot nuthing.
last years ml hr leader hasn't yet played a game for the bombers. i expect them to be 10 over by all-star game time, barring a major injury.
the 'other' record so far: cole 5-1 (78 k's), degrom 3-2 (65 k's). k's don't matter. winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
I think you are missing the point...people on here don't think the Yankees will end up with a sub 500 record. I actually think they will win 90 to 95 games. The problem is they aren't built for the playoffs. Good pitchers shut them down. They feast on Detroit and Baltimore and struggle against anyone who can throw out two or three top starters. There aren't a lot of teams like that...but there is enough to send this team packing once again without a decent run at the championship.

Reaction Score
Hicks is having wrist surgery, great move Cashman trading away Tauchman for a reliever when you already have a 10 man pen as it is (or so it seems). You trade away an outfielder who makes contact and is versatile with speed. Now Gardner has to play everyday with his .200 average sure he will have his clutch moments but can't be out there every day hes more effective when he plays less. Yankees care so much about giving rest to players yet trade away your outfield depth.

Florial just got promoted to AAA so seems like theres a plan in place.

Reaction Score
Add to it CliffySpliffy's guy got rocked things are perfect in the Bronx. I'm sure his confidence in this squad is still strong though. :eek:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
KLUBOT !!!!!!!!!!

35 years old and gets a no hitter!!!

I am only seeing the highlights but the movement on his pitches looks illegal. And, weirdly, I think the Rangers held a Corey Kluber Bobblehead Night tonight, too. (He was a Ranger in 2020. Pitched one inning)

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Add to it CliffySpliffy's guy got rocked things are perfect in the Bronx. I'm sure his confidence in this squad is still strong though. :eek:
i luv this place. almost everrthing many post here is my lesson to do, and think, the complete opposite. cash moneh.
mr cole, 5-2, 2.00 era, 85 ks, 5 bbs. prolly gonna wreck some stat this year.
yanks now 7 over, and pitching lights out.

pro tip: mr chapman is one of the greatest, ever. please show some respect when watching him this season, stop talking, and just marvel at this specimen of athletic perfection. currently, his era is zero point zero zero, and he throws at 102 mph. he is only 33 years young.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i luv this place. almost everrthing many post here is my lesson to do, and think, the complete opposite. cash moneh.
mr cole, 5-2, 2.00 era, 85 ks, 5 bbs. prolly gonna wreck some stat this year.
yanks now 7 over, and pitching lights out.

pro tip: mr chapman is one of the greatest, ever. please show some respect when watching him this season, stop talking, and just marvel at this specimen of athletic perfection. currently, his era is zero point zero zero, and he throws at 102 mph. he is only 33 years young.
Chapman? Never said anything about him. Cole he’s been tremendous can’t say anything bad minus last outing. They still can’t hit not sure what you’re seeing. But if you think they’ll continue to win 2-0, 2-1 games you’re fooling yourself their pitching isn’t that good and Chapman isn’t throwing 200 innings suddenly. Lol..... think the complete opposite all you want if they don’t start driving in runs and hitting more clutch we will talk later ok. Until then how can you not be happy at 26-19 with this listless offense?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
It's nice to see them playing well against the White Sox. Easy to beat Baltimore, Detroit and Texas. Chicago is a good team. And...really nice to see Torres hitting. I have always thought he was the key this year.

Hitting in baseball is so bad the year, it's hard to feel comfortable that Yankee pitching is really that good.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Chapman? Never said anything about him. Cole he’s been tremendous can’t say anything bad minus last outing. They still can’t hit not sure what you’re seeing. But if you think they’ll continue to win 2-0, 2-1 games you’re fooling yourself their pitching isn’t that good and Chapman isn’t throwing 200 innings suddenly. Lol..... think the complete opposite all you want if they don’t start driving in runs and hitting more clutch we will talk later ok. Until then how can you not be happy at 26-19 with this listless offense?

Cole give Yanks best starters' stretch since 1932, 7-0 win​

22-9 since opening 5-10. in the past few days, they put up a no hitter and a triple play.
the pitching leads the whole show in whip.
pro tip: it's always gleyber day, cuz he is one of the best new players in the game (1250 ab's/182 runs/67 hrs/199 rbi's), whether anyone knows that or not yet, and he is just 24. his 21 game postseason average is .342 with a .432 obp. been there, done that! im sure that some of youse have neckties older than him.

this thread is jacked with brilliance unparalleled but for the superior intellects on full display over at the craptocoin 'stay woke till ur broke' thread. odd, both seemed to detach from reality starting around the same time in april. mebbe the pollen season just got to youse. gesundheit!

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Judge has to be next. Just a matter of time.
Shocking....Voit with an oblique injury and kluber out two months. We knew that going into the season Kluber was a risk. He was just hitting his stride and now he is out two months. They can survive without him during mid season, but they could use his experience in post season.

Voit is another thing altogether. How do 30 year olds get injured so often? He had barely played this year. Watching him and Bird...is first base jinxed?

And please Cashman...don't trade for another .200 hitting, high strikeout first baseman. There is a reason they are available on the cheap.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Shocking....Voit with an oblique injury and kluber out two months. We knew that going into the season Kluber was a risk. He was just hitting his stride and now he is out two months. They can survive without him during mid season, but they could use his experience in post season.

Voit is another thing altogether. How do 30 year olds get injured so often? He had barely played this year. Watching him and Bird...is first base jinxed?

And please Cashman...don't trade for another .200 hitting, high strikeout first baseman. There is a reason they are available on the cheap.
Seems like something in the water in NY as the Mets are having their injury issues as well.

I was such a fan of Bird when he first came up. Such a sweet swing but couldn't stay off the IL. Then when he WAS playing, I'd watch him take pitch after pitch right down the middle, get into bad counts and end up swinging at something in the dirt. The Yankees gave him one of the longest leashes I've ever seen, but he had to go.

At least the Knicks won last night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we'll see a rotation at first with Mike Ford & DJ with a little Andujar thrown in. Andujar seems to be swinging the bat a whole lot better, but they struggle to find a spot for him to play. No way he's taking 3B back from Gio and they seem to need the DH slot for some of the other, more brittle players.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we'll see a rotation at first with Mike Ford & DJ with a little Andujar thrown in. Andujar seems to be swinging the bat a whole lot better, but they struggle to find a spot for him to play. No way he's taking 3B back from Gio and they seem to need the DH slot for some of the other, more brittle players.
mr andujar is regaining his confidence as he better understands what it takes to truly be 'a professional.' in the field, and as exemplified by that play last week where he cut in front of gardner, instead of correctly cutting behind him, i think he now gets it that he only has to be 'adequate with regular improvement' in order to give himself a chance to showcase his natural ability to hit, which would give him a real chance at a high-paying career in mlb. and, since boone is clearly creating a team model where many players are being both moved around the field, and around the batting order, there will be opportunities for him to be in the lineup as 'the year where mlb can't hit' progresses. an august return for mr klubot will be more than soon enuf. soooooo, one looey (voit) goes, for now, while another looey (severino) is soon to come. the yanks are jacked with arms, which is all that really matters. and oh, it seems like 27 year old (well under mlb player average age) 'rouggy' brings 'sparkplug' energy to the squad, along with, so far, maintaining his career full season profile of 20+ hr's, 80+ rbi's, with 70+ runs. how big a deal is his age thing?
'young' miggy is 26. rouggy was an absolute steal.
2021 Major League Baseball Attendance & Team Age | Baseball-Reference.com

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I agree... they dont need to make any moves....but I read somewhere that Cashman is a fan of joey Gallo. Sigh.

Reaction Score
mr andujar is regaining his confidence as he better understands what it takes to truly be 'a professional.' in the field, and as exemplified by that play last week where he cut in front of gardner, instead of correctly cutting behind him, i think he now gets it that he only has to be 'adequate with regular improvement' in order to give himself a chance to showcase his natural ability to hit, which would give him a real chance at a high-paying career in mlb. and, since boone is clearly creating a team model where many players are being both moved around the field, and around the batting order, there will be opportunities for him to be in the lineup as 'the year where mlb can't hit' progresses. an august return for mr klubot will be more than soon enuf. soooooo, one looey (voit) goes, for now, while another looey (severino) is soon to come. the yanks are jacked with arms, which is all that really matters. and oh, it seems like 27 year old (well under mlb player average age) 'rouggy' brings 'sparkplug' energy to the squad, along with, so far, maintaining his career full season profile of 20+ hr's, 80+ rbi's, with 70+ runs. how big a deal is his age thing?
'young' miggy is 26. rouggy was an absolute steal.
2021 Major League Baseball Attendance & Team Age | Baseball-Reference.com

Yeah Rouggy an absolute steal lol at .160 4/12 what is wrong with you? They paid the Yanks to steal him for crying out loud.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yankees can probably get former 1st round pick Will Craig at a deep discount if they act quickly. He's batting .256.

Reaction Score
Watching the Yankees offense is like watching Uconn football on offense. Who's running the genius analytics team Bob Diaco.

Reaction Score

Im convinced that if Jay Bruce didnt voluntarily retire he would still be on the Yankees.

Reaction Score
Watching the Yankees offense is like watching Uconn football on offense. Who's running the genius analytics team Bob Diaco.

6 of their last 9 games they’ve scored 2 or less runs but won 6 of those. That won’t continue because Kluber is done. The reason was the Orioles were in that run too. They are probably the worst team in the east, certainly are offensively. But I’m sure Cliffy knows better.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
They have scored 3 runs in two games against Detroit. 5 (!) Starters are hitting under .200. There was a column in the athletic today about Cashman needing to make a trade for a centerfielder....even a bad trade it it helps you in the short term. I agree. Because let's face it....this isn't a short term issue. The beginning of next year will be "Hicks needs to shake the rust off" as he bats .200 into June. He is injury prone and a below average hitter.

Time to trade for his replacement. He can be an expensive fourth outfielder.

Reaction Score
6 of their last 9 games they’ve scored 2 or less runs but won 6 of those. That won’t continue because Kluber is done. The reason was the Orioles were in that run too. They are probably the worst team in the east, certainly are offensively. But I’m sure Cliffy knows better.

And they just lost 2 out of 3 at least to the Tigers. The more fans who defend this team is the more the Yankees embarrass themselves. Rays are a hell of a lot better even the Redsox are and are a year ahead of schedule in Coras first year back, as are the Jays, I guess were better then the Orioles.
They have scored 3 runs in two games against Detroit. 5 (!) Starters are hitting under .200. There was a column in the athletic today about Cashman needing to make a trade for a centerfielder....even a bad trade it it helps you in the short term. I agree. Because let's face it....this isn't a short term issue. The beginning of next year will be "Hicks needs to shake the rust off" as he bats .200 into June. He is injury prone and a below average hitter.

Agreed with getting a CF however there needs to be a philosophical overhaul this organization has major issues.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

What worse that 3 runs in two games against Detroit? How about 3 in 3 games! They are getting shutout through 7 innings. Detroit is going to sweep them. Cashman has a big problem with this team...he needs to take bold action.

And....the Clint Frazier experiment needs to end. The guy has talent, but seems to have a mental block in New York. I have no doubt he will eventually hit...but it won't be with the Yankees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom