The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
So Stanton couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat the first few weeks of the season. Last week he found his groove and had a few games with three hits....then Saturday he's on the bench. Does a full time DH really need a day to rest especially when he's finally showing signs of life and Monday is an off day? Or is this a case of trying to get others who are struggling more at bats?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
So Stanton couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat the first few weeks of the season. Last week he found his groove and had a few games with three hits....then Saturday he's on the bench. Does a full time DH really need a day to rest especially when he's finally showing signs of life and Monday is an off day? Or is this a case of trying to get others who are struggling more at bats?
imma yuge fan of mr stanton, who i feel can mimic or surpass nelson cruz's outstanding hitting career, despite most of mlb thinking that 'cruz won't repeat last year's production.' (insert any season for nelson's last 1/2 dozen or so.)
actually, mr cruz didn't start whacking 40+ homers a year until he was 33, eight seasons ago. giancarlo is currently 31.
as far as gametime for the entire squad, it's the 1st week of may, and coming off a season when no one played much in addition to the usual process of going thru the roster to see who has what, gametime is a silly discussion. check back on this one in july.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It feels like over-managing. Yes...it makes sense to rest Stanton periodically....but don't do it when he is hitting well.

It feels like treating judge and Stanton with kid gloves is pointless...they will pull a muscle sitting on the bench. Play them when they are hitting and healthy. Seems obvious.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey, look! yanks just put up a 7-3 stretch! imagine that. up at the top now for homers, too. and ol luke, last season's homer champ, hasn't even sniffed the on deck circle yet. like the newer 3ball thinking in hoops, feels like the newer baseball change to long ball plus lights out bullpens is a real thing, too. can the bomber/ flamethrowers do that? gee, i wonder. not. and apparently, mr. chapman is, well, mr. chapman. so far, throwing 100+ easy, and currently, unhitable. who knew?
gerrit cole is the best pitcher in baseball.
and as far as team batting averages right now, the yanks are around middle of the pack (why can't any team hit?). of course, their obp is highly superior. fire the hitting coach, fire the manager, fire the gm, fire the bat boy.

dang, 'fire the bat boy.' that's sum good mulch, right thar. lol.

Reaction Score
Odor has been a nice addition, adding Higgy to the lineup as well. Gotta trade Sanchez especially if hes not in the lineup and won't be back next year, dont care what we get back hes is addition by subtraction. Were stuck with Hicks for this year unfortunately just bat him 9th.

The pitching is fine, Cole is money.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Odor has been a nice addition, adding Higgy to the lineup as well. Gotta trade Sanchez especially if hes not in the lineup and won't be back next year, dont care what we get back hes is addition by subtraction. Were stuck with Hicks for this year unfortunately just bat him 9th.

The pitching is fine, Cole is money.
mr sanchez is a perplexing question. i've always liked and supported him, but his factual record of the past few seasons is clearly not good. on the udder hand, he and mr judge both have around 120 homers in around 470 games, which is nothing to sneeze at. count me in the group that has zero idea for the way forward with him. overall, mlb has almost no catchers that can hit a homer. a very odd situation.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and now, mr kluber, he of two time Cy Young Award winner, shortest 6'4'' guy that i've ever seen, and 10 k's yesterday, is tossing donuts. nice.
and oh, the old lefty closed the game with a 102 mph pea right down the middle.
yankees win, tthhhaaaaa yankees win! back to even steven. that was quick.

Reaction Score
and now, mr kluber, he of two time Cy Young Award winner, shortest 6'4'' guy that i've ever seen, and 10 k's yesterday, is tossing donuts. nice.
and oh, the old lefty closed the game with a 102 mph pea right down the middle.
yankees win, tthhhaaaaa yankees win! back to even steven. that was quick.

Kluber looking good, spotting the ball effectively. Let's get away from the Orioles and Tigers before we get all excited though. Astros, Nats and Rays yet again should be a better barometer as to where our Yanks will be.

And Cole is the, well 2nd best pitcher in baseball. DeGromm has a lead on all for now.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Kluber looking good, spotting the ball effectively. Let's get away from the Orioles and Tigers before we get all excited though. Astros, Nats and Rays yet again should be a better barometer as to where our Yanks will be.

And Cole is the, well 2nd best pitcher in baseball. DeGromm has a lead on all for now.
nope. mr 72-53 seems just like felix hernandez, he of the amazin ability to consistently not win.
mr cole is 3 years younger, and already has crossed 100 wins. and oh, mr cole has more strikeouts too. in his last full season, he only struck out 326, while pitching in the american league with a dh. let me know when felix2 ever comes even close to 300 even tho he pitches in the nl.
winning ain't everything, it's the only thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
nope. mr 72-53 seems just like felix hernandez, he of the amazin ability to consistently not win.
mr cole is 3 years younger, and already has crossed 100 wins. and oh, mr cole has more strikeouts too. in his last full season, he only struck out 326, while pitching in the american league with a dh. let me know when felix2 ever comes even close to 300 even tho he pitches in the nl.
winning ain't everything, it's the only thing.

That’s a fair point of view from a fans perspective. But right now, as we speak, Degromm is better. It’s close enough to discuss but from a players perspective I promise you they’d rather face Cole. And I love the fact we have him don’t get me wrong hes phenomenal.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
imma yuge fan of mr stanton, who i feel can mimic or surpass nelson cruz's outstanding hitting career, despite most of mlb thinking that 'cruz won't repeat last year's production.' (insert any season for nelson's last 1/2 dozen or so.)
actually, mr cruz didn't start whacking 40+ homers a year until he was 33, eight seasons ago. giancarlo is currently 31.
as far as gametime for the entire squad, it's the 1st week of may, and coming off a season when no one played much in addition to the usual process of going thru the roster to see who has what, gametime is a silly discussion. check back on this one in july.
Nelson Cruz is da shizz.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That’s a fair point of view from a fans perspective. But right now, as we speak, Degromm is better. It’s close enough to discuss but from a players perspective I promise you they’d rather face Cole. And I love the fact we have him don’t get me wrong hes phenomenal.
as usual, perfect timing. apparently now, 'mr bestest ever,' according to the zabars crowd, gotham tv, and the entire 'everything but winning' mentality, is broken. expect a period of catscan/mri watching stuff from ny media in the days (weeks?) ahead. that day he eventually picks up a ball should be good for a tickertape parade, followed by predictions of his going 25-2 the rest of the way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
as usual, perfect timing. apparently now, 'mr bestest ever,' according to the zabars crowd, gotham tv, and the entire 'everything but winning' mentality, is broken. expect a period of catscan/mri watching stuff from ny media in the days (weeks?) ahead. that day he eventually picks up a ball should be good for a tickertape parade, followed by predictions of his going 25-2 the rest of the way.

Him and May of the Dodgers. Be careful celebrating the hard throwers eventually wilt many times, try to stay away from providing bad mojo!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Him and May of the Dodgers. Be careful celebrating the hard throwers eventually wilt many times, try to stay away from providing bad mojo!
i'm not celebrating anyone's injury. not my style. i only mentioned it in the context of cole is better than degrom, and ability to actually pitch is part of that.
yanks won again, now 2 games over, and the complete opposite of pert near every post found here just a few short weeks ago. o ye of little faith. or patience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting take from Alex Cora on the reception that the Astros received from Yankee fans this week. I appreciate that he does not make excuses. He will, of course, be greeted rudely by Yankee fans when the Sox come to the Stadium, but I think that has more to do with him wearing the Sox uniform than what he did in Houston. At least Cora paid his penalty, the Astro players paid nothing.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They still aren't hitting. Hicks, Sanchez, Gardner, Frazier, Torres...all awful. Judge and Stanton seem to take turns getting hot...would be nice if they did it the same time. DJ Has been meh. Gio has been fine. Let's hope Voit brings some energy.

Baseball in general has a hitting problem right now. Gotta wonder if they change the baseball again. People don't want to watch a game that is strikeouts walks or homers.

Reaction Score
oh, look! yanks now 20-14, and oh, look! the best pitcher in baseball!
Gerrit Cole is the perfect elixir for stressed Yankees (nypost.com)
what's that, 56 k's since his last walk?

56 k's since his last walk

They were never 20-14 but who's counting. And thank God we have one of the, if not the, best pitchers in baseball because our team can't hit a lick. 5 hits again last night in a 9-1 loss. 20-17 now and if they don't begin to hit it will continue to be a long boring year for us fans. As Shakey said Voit is hopefully someone who can bring something to the lineup once he gets some ABs, we certainly need him to. Stanton was on fire now he looks like a LLer his last 25-30ABs again. I mean baseball is having a tough time offensively but let's be honest there can't be any other teams with so many .180 hitters in the every day lineup like our Yanks. Dreadful!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
They were never 20-14 but who's counting. And thank God we have one of the, if not the, best pitchers in baseball because our team can't hit a lick. 5 hits again last night in a 9-1 loss. 20-17 now and if they don't begin to hit it will continue to be a long boring year for us fans. As Shakey said Voit is hopefully someone who can bring something to the lineup once he gets some ABs, we certainly need him to. Stanton was on fire now he looks like a LLer his last 25-30ABs again. I mean baseball is having a tough time offensively but let's be honest there can't be any other teams with so many .180 hitters in the every day lineup like our Yanks. Dreadful!
u are correct aboot my posting an incorrect w-l. a mistake on my part.
the rest of ur observations sound eerily like all the other hasty comments from weeks ago when the bombers prospects and season were over. then, they were a handful of games under .500, while now, they are a few games over.
as then, so now. much ado aboot nuthing.
last years ml hr leader hasn't yet played a game for the bombers. i expect them to be 10 over by all-star game time, barring a major injury.
the 'other' record so far: cole 5-1 (78 k's), degrom 3-2 (65 k's). k's don't matter. winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
u are correct aboot my posting an incorrect w-l. a mistake on my part.
the rest of ur observations sound eerily like all the other hasty comments from weeks ago when the bombers prospects and season were over. then, they were a handful of games under .500, while now, they are a few games over.
as then, so now. much ado aboot nuthing.
last years ml hr leader hasn't yet played a game for the bombers. i expect them to be 10 over by all-star game time, barring a major injury.
the 'other' record so far: cole 5-1 (78 k's), degrom 3-2 (65 k's). k's don't matter. winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
I agree with you and the back of their baseball cards tell us that the Yankees will start hitting. The problem is, when they lose like they did yesterday, they look so inept and pathetic. The lack of timely (clutch) hits is also concerning. Kills me when they can't get the runner home from 3rd with less than two out. I think we'll still see the Yankees win 90+ games, but they need to work on their situational hitting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Eight Yankees/staff with COVID.

Anyone looking up for an anvil?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Eight Yankees/staff with COVID.

Anyone looking up for an anvil?
ya see there bud, you and almost everrone else here are allowed to post truths like that. im not.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I agree with you and the back of their baseball cards tell us that the Yankees will start hitting. The problem is, when they lose like they did yesterday, they look so inept and pathetic. The lack of timely (clutch) hits is also concerning. Kills me when they can't get the runner home from 3rd with less than two out. I think we'll still see the Yankees win 90+ games, but they need to work on their situational hitting.
and what if it turns out that this ends up 'the year when no one could hit?' i don't know that will be the case, but if so, then having excellent starters with lights out bullpens will rule the day in the end, and with having a ton of reasonably potential mashers on our team, i like our chances.
the two lou's, voit and severino, are still on the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and what if it turns out that this ends up 'the year when no one could hit?' i don't know that will be the case, but if so, then having excellent starters with lights out bullpens will rule the day in the end, and with having a ton of reasonably potential mashers on our team, i like our chances.
the two lou's, voit and severino, are still on the team.

In some ways it is good to see the Yankees try and have to win 1-0, 2-1 type of games which you will have to do in the playoffs. Having said that the lineup does have to start producing. I think they took the juice out of the balls, somethings up.

Reaction Score
They still aren't hitting. Hicks, Sanchez, Gardner, Frazier, Torres...all awful. Judge and Stanton seem to take turns getting hot...would be nice if they did it the same time. DJ Has been meh. Gio has been fine. Let's hope Voit brings some energy.

Baseball in general has a hitting problem right now. Gotta wonder if they change the baseball again. People don't want to watch a game that is strikeouts walks or homers.

Bring back steroids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom