The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I understand the other guys, but surprised/disappointed about Wade. He's a unique player who can play a lot of positions and brings an element that's missing in this team.
I feel the same. Wade played a lot of positions for them and was one of the only speedy guys on the team. Not an everyday player but certainly was a guy you like to have on the bench.

Reaction Score
I understand the other guys, but surprised/disappointed about Wade. He's a unique player who can play a lot of positions and brings an element that's missing in this team.

First year I agree at all on him. Throught he was such an awful hitter he had no place in the bigs in his prior years but last year he looked like he deserved to be a bench guy for sure. Cashman sucks but let’s see what he does not sure how he still has a job but this is a huge year for him.

Reaction Score
It's a tough call because you would be keeping Wade at the expense of potentially losing one of your top prospects to Rule 5. Don't have to look further than what Garrett Whitlock did for Boston last season to understand the risks when it comes to making prospects available. Just have to hope that the guys they protected bring more than Wade could.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So....what's the off-season plan? Are they out of the shortstop sweepstakes and they will wait for their prospects to develop? Or...will it be Correa or Story? Correa will be a tough sell in NY.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think it means they felt they couldn't do better. Hope he hits enough three-run bombs to make up for all the runs he gives up behind the plate.
And make up for all his strikeouts.

I think it's time to move on. He isn't a good enough hitter to DH and he isn't a good enough catcher to catch. The Yankees can deal with a poor hitting catcher in their lineup....but that catcher needs to be good behind the plate.

Reaction Score
And make up for all his strikeouts.

I think it's time to move on. He isn't a good enough hitter to DH and he isn't a good enough catcher to catch. The Yankees can deal with a poor hitting catcher in their lineup....but that catcher needs to be good behind the plate.
I also think that there is a piece in the decision making of not wanting him to sign elsewhere, only to rediscover his All-star form and haunting them for years.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Brian Cashman this off-season...

1638385811779.jpeg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I also think that there is a piece in the decision making of not wanting him to sign elsewhere, only to rediscover his All-star form and haunting them for years.
He's 29. If he were to sign outside the division, he wouldn't haunt them too much or for too long. Some players cannot play under the lights in Boston or New York. Although he is making $8 Mil, the Yankees are doing Sanchez a disservice. That's a lot of money to field throws from first, only to feed Josh Bard, hitting fungos.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yankees literally never learn. We didn’t need another old right handed power hitter. I don’t care what their “analytics” say.

Reaction Score
This is a wait and see move. Definetly had to get rid of Sanchez he is addition by subtraction, he was benched back to back years and had a negative vibe with the Yankees rotation and he couldn’t hit on top of that. You not winning a World Series with him period. In a new environment he might be a different player.

I hate to see Gio go. Donaldson is a winner and he brings some fire Yankees need a guy like that in the clubhouse. Gonna have to rotate the DH spot and platoon guys to keep them fresh, Falafel won a GG has good speed and had a .270 average, we need guys like that and less sluggers.

Now resign Rizzo, trade for Olson, or sign Freeman. There are rumors of Yankees trying to go in on a big trade for Olson and a pitcher.

Reaction Score
Carlos Baerga is saying on his Instagram that Freddie Freeman is signing with the Jays. He broke the Semien and Yimi Garcia signings with a similar announcement way before anyone else had it. If true, I don't see the Yankees winning the AL East.

xsPmLX3.png

Reaction Score
Carlos Baerga is saying on his Instagram that Freddie Freeman is signing with the Jays. He broke the Semien and Yimi Garcia signings with a similar announcement way before anyone else had it. If true, I don't see the Yankees winning the AL East.

xsPmLX3.png

Braves had to have known Freeman was in negotiations with the Jays if they traded for Olsen today.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Besides Cole, who was the last big name free agent who actually wanted to play for the Yankees? Ellisbury (lol what a fail that was)?

We needed a guy like Freeman and have consistently been out on basically every top FA since the past decade aside from Cole.

Meanwhile every other big market team like the Mets, Dodgers and Angels can sign any guy they want (and now “small” market teams like the Jays are getting their guys).

Cashman and the entire front office, and probably the management, need to go.

Reaction Score
Getting rid of Sanchez though, any deal involving him is a good deal.
That’s where I’m at with this trade.

Overall, I’m pretty OK with it. IKF is the stopgap SS they need and Donaldson is still a very good offensive player and a solid defensive player. He brings some needed fire to the docile Yankees. The catcher they brought in sets up a platoon of two very good defensive catchers too.

Classic “wait and see” move.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Yankees literally never learn. We didn’t need another old right handed power hitter. I don’t care what their “analytics” say.
Been saying it for years. For the amount of touting management does about the baseball analytics group, they make some really strange moves and haven’t won us anything except top 5 payroll every year. The Rays front office runs circles around us with half the resources.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think the Yankees FO actually believes THIS is the reason.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The only good part of the deal is Sanchez is gone.

Hate to see Urshela go. Decent player. Did well.

Kiner-Falefa the stop gap for a couple of years at shortstop. Another back up type catcher.

Donaldson - not a fan. He may have a couple of years left in him.

As I've said before, Cashman has to go. Hal has to develop a set of balls to run this organization. I don't see it.

Reaction Score
That’s where I’m at with this trade.

Overall, I’m pretty OK with it. IKF is the stopgap SS they need and Donaldson is still a very good offensive player and a solid defensive player. He brings some needed fire to the docile Yankees. The catcher they brought in sets up a platoon of two very good defensive catchers too.

Classic “wait and see” move.
Yes, it hasn’t changed my overall thoughts on this team, but trading away Sanchez is a start. I never thought they would actually move on from him.

I don’t think people realize how big of a move this is to move on from him, you cut down on the strikeout percentage you just improved defensively, and the pitchers are more comfortable.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
The only good part of the deal is Sanchez is gone.

Hate to see Urshela go. Decent player. Did well.

Kiner-Falefa the stop gap for a couple of years at shortstop. Another back up type catcher.

Donaldson - not a fan. He may have a couple of years left in him.

As I've said before, Cashman has to go. Hal has to develop a set of balls to run this organization. I don't see it.
Would not surprise me if the Yankees finished 4th, though I'm not exactly enamored with what the Red Sox have done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom