The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
Maybe it's the Mets fan in me....but I don't feel so good right now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah It's been a rough last week or so. Team is playing badly, little done at the deadline, our 1st round pick went unsigned...I think I'm ready for Sandy to move on after the season. Seeing a lot of the organizational issues continue with him that were around with the Wilpons.

Reaction Score
They dropped the ball at the deadline. They still have the best team in a really weak NL East so should get in the playoffs, but they needed to add more. No idea how they don't add at least 1 RP considering the guys they've been calling up, and can't fathom seeing the results of the deGrom MRI and not adding a SP

Reaction Score
They better torch the lowly Marlins tonight. Feels a little like kind of a must win.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They better torch the lowly Marlins tonight. Feels a little like kind of a must win.
It’s irrelevant. We’re sinking like a stone and there isn’t anything close to a stopper in our rotation.

Oh, and Jake now has a sixth, separate and unrelated injury causing elbow inflammation, just from practicing?

I don’t think we’re going to see him again this season.

Philly will be in first by the weekend. We will be in third within two weeks.

Reaction Score
It’s irrelevant. We’re sinking like a stone and there isn’t anything close to a stopper in our rotation.

Oh, and Jake now has a sixth, separate and unrelated injury causing elbow inflammation, just from practicing?

Even without deGrom the Mets are the best team in the NL East. I get they're in a slide so it's easy to be negative but they're going to win the division

Reaction Score
The Mets offense just always seems to be less than the sum of their parts.

Reaction Score

Wow.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even without deGrom the Mets are the best team in the NL East. I get they're in a slide so it's easy to be negative but they're going to win the division

Wow.
I'm not gonna bet because I don't want to "win," but I feel like I've seen this movie before.

And yes, I am really bummed about Jake. I was already having a rough night and then I realized that I hadn't fully appreciated the prior night's news from Jake's presser that he believes this is yet another new injury, and he was entertaining questions about shutting it down for the rest of the season. We went from one of the best rotations in baseball to one that is below average, and that and our defense were supposed to be our strengths to carry our lack of offensive production.

Our offense has not improved and our pitching has dropped precipitously with no hope on the horizon in terms of an ace like Jake or even a decent Syndergaard. I am encouraged by Carrasco--especially the fact that he is fresh and can hopefully eat up some innings. But Stroman and Walker have definitely dropped off, and even Megill's last outing was not good. Hill was a nice addition and I look forward to seeing him again tonight.

I just don't see how this rotation keeps up in first place, even in this division. Not with our offense.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well, on the bright side, that was a good outing by Hill. And even if Baez struck out five times today, he single-handedly won last night’s game for us and his fielding on that double play today was crafty. I have no issues with him.

Huge start for Stroman tomorrow with first place on the line.

Reaction Score
Every team that does anything of note faces adversity and overcomes it. This team has always battled that and overcome it and I'm on board as a believer until they don't....even if I've been burned before. This group deserves it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Every team that does anything of note faces adversity and overcomes it. This team has always battled that and overcome it and I'm on board as a believer until they don't....even if I've been burned before. This group deserves it.
My daughter and I saw what I believe was Jake's second-to-last start at Citi last month and the freebie was "Ya Gotta Believe" shirts, which was a nice coincidence with their late-inning heroics that game. I wore that shirt for the first two Marlins games hoping to conjure some mojo. I'm trying, but that was not a heartening experience.

I'm still watching, which means I still have some hope. I don't know that I agree anyone "deserves" it though.

Reaction Score
I'm still watching, which means I still have some hope. I don't know that I agree anyone "deserves" it though.
I guess I look at things like Drury, Mazeika's weird walkouts and the weird ways they've won games.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I guess I look at things like Drury, Mazeika's weird walkouts and the weird ways they've won games.
Yeah they had a lot of heart and great comebacks, but since Jake and Lindor went out they've been punchless.

Jake is the one guy I think deserves it; I just hope we see him again this season.

Reaction Score
I'm not giving up quite yet, but this team looks dead in the water. I don't understand how the offense is this bad

Reaction Score
Lost 7 of 10, can't hit... This is getting scary.

Need to win the next 2 against Philly, NEED.

Reaction Score
That Herrera HR and bat flip induced quite a bit of rage in me yesterday.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That Herrera HR and bat flip induced quite a bit of rage in me yesterday.
I'm generally not a fan of bat flips, but as bat flips go, I thought that one was pretty tasteful, and somewhat deserved because he crushed that pitch.

I tend to get more enraged by the things our guys don't do than by the things the other guys do. And our ninth inning rally pissed me off more than anything because I knew it was fool's gold. Until then, our pitcher and a rental player who has been here all of a week or so had our only two hits off a ragtag group of Phillies pitchers.

It's as inexplicable as it is inexcusable.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
monty python GIF

Reaction Score
And I’m golfing with a huge ball buster of a Phillies fan Wednesday. I’m going to really take some lumps there. Yikes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well there is a pulse after all.

Come on, Marcus. Put your money where your mouth is and get us another one now.

Reaction Score
Signs of life from the bats yesterday, hopefully we can keep the mojo going today.. Nationals stink out loud, no reason we shouldn't get both ends of this today!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom