The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
I think it's a no brainer to sign him. They're already going to be looking for a CF in a weak OF class next year, finding 2 is going to be really tough. Especially when Conforto is by far the best option available. After him you're looking at older guys like Starling Marte and Andrew McCutchen as the best options
Still feel good about this one?

deGrom and Conforto each have three hits on the season after today.

Reaction Score
Still feel good about this one?

deGrom and Conforto each have three hits on the season after today.
100%. I'll take the 632 game sample over his 5 game struggles

Curiouser
Reaction Score
aaaaaand again. It's uncanny
Unreal. It’s like they’re trying to drive him off the team. He has the most thankless job in baseball.

Reaction Score
So....

Peterson - 6 IP, 0 BB, 10 K
Stroman - 6 IP, 0 BB, 3 K
Walker - 4.3 IP, 3 BB, 8 K
Combined 16.3 IP, 3 BB, 21 K, 9 H, 2 R

Throw in Edwin Diaz's entrance music right now and the Mojo is building in Flushing, kids.

Reaction Score
The video of Steve Gelbs playing the trumpet with the Diaz fans to his entrance music is GOLD

Reaction Score
The video of Steve Gelbs playing the trumpet with the Diaz fans to his entrance music is GOLD
Oh my god. I just saw it. GOLD.

I cannot wait until that stadium is full against a team like the Nats and that music starts playing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy crap. This is bordering on an epic performance and we’re only four innings in.

If these hammerheads don’t get him some more runs someone needs to get Medieval on their asses.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nothing makes me hate this team more than deGrom’s starts.

Reaction Score
Those three innings were special to watch. The only two pitchers I’ve ever watched live that can be that unhittable for stretches like that are 85 Gooden and prime Sox Pedro.

Reaction Score
Game 1 they struck out 17 of the 21 outs. That’s the highest % of outs by strikeout since 1900 stats were recorded.

Reaction Score
Those three innings were special to watch. The only two pitchers I’ve ever watched live that can be that unhittable for stretches like that are 85 Gooden and prime Sox Pedro.
kept score at home while watching Tom Seaver fan the last 10 straight in a complete game, 19k win in 1970. still have the scorecard.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
7 inning doubleheaders?
What's the question?

They did it last season to help accommodate the inevitable rescheduling that Covid pauses required and decided to do it again this season for the same reason.

Reaction Score
So....We’re adding Cookie Carrasco and Thor to this rotation? And Lugo? I mean Lugo has been the best pitcher outside of Jake at stretches and I don’t even know where we are going to put him.

Reaction Score
I'm officially spoiled and upset when a starter gives up 3 runs.

Reaction Score
With our anemic offense, three runs is like ten.

I think the cancellations and facing some really good opposing pitching has made that seem worse. McNeil is the one that's super overdue for me. Other than his tying HR a while back, he hasn't looked good at all.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think the cancellations and facing some really good opposing pitching has made that seem worse. McNeil is the one that's super overdue for me. Other than his tying HR a while back, he hasn't looked good at all.
McNeil is always the obvious one when he is struggling because he wears his heart on his sleeve and looks like he wants to hurt himself every time he makes an out.

I know it's wayyyy early, but for me, watching Lindor sashay up to the plate with a .171 average and without appearing to have a care in the world is a little more annoying. I know pressing doesn't help anyone, but I'd like to see him appear a little more invested after the investment Uncle $teve made in him.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to get the same feeling about Lindor - but what makes it quickly fade away is his enthusiasm on the field and in the dugout, and how pumped he was with James McCann after the CS to end the game on Sunday!

Reaction Score
McNeil is always the obvious one when he is struggling because he wears his heart on his sleeve and looks like he wants to hurt himself every time he makes an out.

I know it's wayyyy early, but for me, watching Lindor sashay up to the plate with a .171 average and without appearing to have a care in the world is a little more annoying. I know pressing doesn't help anyone, but I'd like to see him appear a little more invested after the investment Uncle $teve made in him.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little of the same. Really trying to be in love with him knowing how long he'll be here.

Reaction Score
Curious if you guys feel the same about Nimmo who smiled through his 0-5 last night. Neither one bothers me and I suspect Lindor will grow on you guys once he has a real sample size of ABs

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Curious if you guys feel the same about Nimmo who smiled through his 0-5 last night. Neither one bothers me and I suspect Lindor will grow on you guys once he has a real sample size of ABs
The Lindor sample size is ridiculous and unfair. I keep telling myself that. But there are high expectations when you sign a guy to the third-largest contract in the history of game and that's simply hard for me to deny.

I don't have those same expectations about Nimmo because I have seen a lot more of him and he is not supposed to be one of the best players in the game right now.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little worried about whether the mammoth contract has taken away a bit of Lindor's drive:

“You know when you drive down the highway and you see a billboard for the Powerball that says $300 million?” Lindor, the Mets’ gifted shortstop, told reporters on a video conference call on Thursday. “Imagine you getting that right now. You are going to tell me you aren’t going to scream? I am going to scream. I want to scream. I’ve been working for years my whole entire life.”

Reaction Score
The Lindor sample size is ridiculous and unfair. I keep telling myself that. But there are high expectations when you sign a guy to the third-largest contract in the history of game and that's simply hard for me to deny.

I don't have those same expectations about Nimmo because I have seen a lot more of him and he is not supposed to be one of the best players in the game right now.
It's an incredibly small sample size, if he were to go 3/4 tonight he'd raise his batting average 51 points. Can't deny the expectations and he'll have to meet them, if he's still hitting like this in June then I think it'll be warranted

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom