The Official Boar-Slaughtering Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official Boar-Slaughtering Game Thread

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Diarra has to stay in the game please.

Reaction Score
Ollie has no idea what he's doing. AG hurt now? Listless. On second thought, why do they even try to run offense. They're in good shape, right? Just press and run all game. THEY CANNOT RUN OFFENSIVE SETS - they miss all their shots when They're not in rhythm.

Reaction Score
Walton is great. He acknowledged early who we look down on for NCs the last 18 years so great start.

Reaction Score
I hope we come back and win obviously, but man was that first 15min disheartening. I expected so much more

Reaction Score
we'll make a run
Sure, we'll make a run a get in under 8 maybe but you can't get down by 20 or trail at the half by 14 and expect to win against a quality team. I don't see Arkansas falling asleep like Zaga did in the prior game.

Just sad to waste opportunities like this.....

Reaction Score
I’m tired of excuses, “If this fell” “If this guy wasn’t white hot” “I’d this or that”...at what point are the “if”s going to end? It’s been 3+ years and nothing has changed or improved. It’s street ball, pass around the perimeter and shoot a 3. Or drive into traffic and miss. Guys are outsized, out hustled, etc. We all felt good after Friday and then we lose by 20 to MSU (yes - I know we were down a point, but I care about the final...not the half, as we all should) and getting blown out now.

Just an observation, look at other coaches body language, etc. compared to Ollie. He always has that puppy dog look, sitting down, very little energy. I like the guy personally, but not a coach for a program of this magnitude. Maybe he’s better off at a real mid-major, then step back up to major D1.

Rant over, just beyond aggravated with the program right now. Wasn’t long ago we were headlining these tourneys and winning them.

They have more talent than Arkansas, no excuse. This is ridiculous. If you lose, you lose, but not showing up? JTIII said Ollie's offense was "throw it up and go get it" and HE got fired.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We’re just not very good.

Talent, overall, is nothing special. Talent in the front court is actually well below average and, let’s face it, we’re not going to outcoach anyone.

This is what marginal looks like.

Reaction Score
Vital has had a very rough start to the season but give the kid some minutes. One of the only guys who’s playing like he wants to win. Also like the energy Diarra is giving us. Side note, there’s no way Adams is gone after this season.

Reaction Score
Vital is giving us a spark. Bill Walton needs to be put out to pasture.
Bill Walton is spot on today. All his snarkiness, all his sarcasm, all his derision has been earned and and is deserved by Uconn, coach, players and AD(past and present). His disinterest in this game is appropriate. His meanderings are more inspired than the play on the court.

Reaction Score
I’m tired of excuses, “If this fell” “If this guy wasn’t white hot” “I’d this or that”...at what point are the “if”s going to end? It’s been 3+ years and nothing has changed or improved. It’s street ball, pass around the perimeter and shoot a 3. Or drive into traffic and miss. Guys are outsized, out hustled, etc. We all felt good after Friday and then we lose by 20 to MSU (yes - I know we were down a point, but I care about the final...not the half, as we all should) and getting blown out now.

Just an observation, look at other coaches body language, etc. compared to Ollie. He always has that puppy dog look, sitting down, very little energy. I like the guy personally, but not a coach for a program of this magnitude. Maybe he’s better off at a real mid-major, then step back up to major D1.

Rant over, just beyond aggravated with the program right now. Wasn’t long ago we were headlining these tourneys and winning them.
I agree - laid back is the LAST thing a CBB coach needs to be.

Reaction Score
It just dawned on me, our perimeter defenders still still Brimah is back there to clean up their mess, I realized it on Ark's last possession Adams was overplaying the guy and basically forced him baseline as if a shot blocker would be coming over to throw or change whatever shot was going up. This has happened a bunch during the 1st half, not to mention being out hustled and out worked for rebounds all half. Also we can't be trading making 1 of 2 free throws for a 3 like we did for half the 1st half and expect to get back into this game.

I'd start Vital, Adams, Diara, Polley, and Anderson and see what happens. Tired of AG selfish nonsense. PG's need to make their teammates better and lead - too much one on five for me.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to tell Ollie to just say duck it and run and press all game. Nothing to lose with what they're doing now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
At least there is consistency with the players and fans.

Reaction Score
They can't shoot the 3. Why have they already shot 12? Why doesn't the coach tell them that?

Reaction Score
We’re just not very good.

Talent, overall, is nothing special. Talent in the front court is actually well below average and, let’s face it, we’re not going to outcoach anyone.

This is what marginal looks like.
Apparently, Bill Walton isn't the only one that is spot on today. Sigh, another long 3 or 5 seasons. Coming into this game I was excited by the enthusiasm this team had played with so far this season. After one loss to an elite team, this team looks identical to last seasons. Disengaged/disinterested/under coached. Considering it is essentially a new team, what is the common denominator?

Reaction Score
My bad, Harrison instead of Polley. Diarra did ok though I'd go back to him quick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom