The Official Beg Diamond Stone To Come To UCONN Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Beg Diamond Stone To Come To UCONN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My boss ins a Wisconsin Booster Club board member. He told me the scoop was Mom wants Stone to go to Wisconsin. Dad wants him to go to Maryland. Wisco was waiting on a second round of ACT scores as his first were apparently really low but from the impression he gave me, it was a done deal that he was headed there..

Reaction Score
Philip Nolan? Quality? Come on I know you are hopelessly optimistic but there is no way anyone can say he brings quality play

IF Dimaond Stone is a 4 man then I could live with it. There is NO way Id recruit over Amida's head--no way n o how. I can accept moving Nolan to back up C--I think even Nolan would accept that. But Amida has put in 2 years of hard work here---he personally is responsible for us beating St Joseph which was the main conduit for us winning a chip. Hes doubled his freshmen output--hes EARNED the starting C spot here at Uconn for the next 2 years if he stays. I would not recruit over him not 1/1000 chance. If Stone can play 4 man then thats fine. I'm a little surprised at the lack of loyalty. Loyalty is a foundational basis of life. Id rather go down losing with Amida at C than winning by recruiting over his head.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I never beg. They beg me.
Rihanna: "Please, please Matt. Don't make me put the lotion again."

280e71bd7e3149f47403c36bc8bc03e1.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
IF Dimaond Stone is a 4 man then I could live with it. There is NO way Id recruit over Amida's head--no way n o how. I can accept moving Nolan to back up C--I think even Nolan would accept that. But Amida has put in 2 years of hard work here---he personally is responsible for us beating St Joseph which was the main conduit for us winning a chip. Hes doubled his freshmen output--hes EARNED the starting C spot here at Uconn for the next 2 years if he stays. I would not recruit over him not 1/1000 chance. If Stone can play 4 man then thats fine. I'm a little surprised at the lack of loyalty. Loyalty is a foundational basis of life. Id rather go down losing with Amida at C than winning by recruiting over his head.
Amida has more Hilton Units than Diamond. Not too many recruits that can be recruited over Amida's head.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Lol

Reaction Score

I'm hoping this is sarcasm? It has to be no one UConn fan can be this irrational as to the potential of getting what could be a better player. Sorry I was thinking you were serious scrappy - my bad.:eek:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Hey, this is "The Official Beg Diamond Stone To Come To UCONN Thread", not the "I'm Happy Having No Offense From The Center Spot and Missing The NCAA Tournament We Don't Need Diamond Stone Thread."

caw

Reaction Score
I know this is a couple years a way, but I think we should be working hard on recruiting Zach Brown. This kid is a "BEAST"http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190953
I think we have a good chance of getting him if we start working on him now. Think of him with Tremont Waters in the same recruiting class.

He did pay to come to first night, so I believe the coaching staff is very aware of him:

http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketb...ther-recruits-expected-at-uconns-first-night/

Of course Omari Spellman was also there and I believe he just choose Nova.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hers the way this goes:

Wisconsin makes run to FF second year in a row on the back of Kaminsky. Week between E8 and FF Stone announces he is attending his home state school, Wisconsin. Big buzz about hometown boy being the heir apparent to frank the tank.

I really don't see it going any other way.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hers the way this goes:

Wisconsin makes run to FF second year in a row on the back of Kaminsky. Week between E8 and FF Stone announces he is attending his home state school, Wisconsin. Big buzz about hometown boy being the heir apparent to frank the tank.

I really don't see it going any other way.
Not that I care about Wisconsin getting screwed over, but wouldn't Stone be doing precisely that if he decides to go elsewhere, especially an in-conference competitor like Maryland? Does Wisconsin have a plan B for replacing Kaminsky? Hearing about Mr. Stone's 40+ year relationship with Bo Ryan and Diamond's frequent visits to and connections on campus, I also have a hard time seeing this play out any other way than him going to Wisconsin at this point. He'd be public enemy No. 1 back home if he shafts them for Maryland.

Reaction Score
I feel like I read the dumbest thing I've ever read twice daily on this board.

He wasn't making a point about Drummond not being good. He was making the point that without chemistry raw talent is meaningless.

The 2011-12 team returned FOUR starters from a national championship team that was in the top 20 of the computers all year. Yes, it lost the national player of the year, but it added Drummond, Ryan Boatright and Deandre Daniels to the roster. On paper, the 2011-12 team was light years better than the 2010-11 team. And look what happened.

Boat is an outstanding basketball player, and the guts he showed trying to carry the team on his shoulders was outstanding. But he is not a true, lead one that should be playing point where his running mate doesn't have point skills. If a player like Shefer or Ricky Moore was his SG, the team would have been better off than pairing him with a Purvis. And then sometimes the on court chemistry works and some times it doesn't. In 11-12, it didn't. This year, it didn't.

And the more success he has in the NBA the more I will be laughed at for this, but I will go to my grave believing we would have won more games in 2011-12 if Drummond never showed up on campus and everyone else filled in accordingly. AO wouldn't have been convinced by his family that he was being disrespected, wouldn't have been benched once or twice and wouldn't have had to mold his game as much to Drummond's. Roscoe would have kept getting 20 minutes a game defending the 4 like a maniac, instead of playing himself out of the rotation trying to play a 3. Giffey wouldn't have lost minutes. Daniels might have gotten a shot to contribute. And Bazz and Boat would have had less problems fighting over the ball without adding Drummond to the mix who had to get his touches. don't see why I can't think that without it being an insult to Drummond. Sometimes a team's chemistry just doesn't work.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He wasn't making a point about Drummond not being good. He was making the point that without chemistry raw talent is meaningless.

The 2011-12 team returned FOUR starters from a national championship team that was in the top 20 of the computers all year. Yes, it lost the national player of the year, but it added Drummond, Ryan Boatright and Deandre Daniels to the roster. On paper, the 2011-12 team was light years better than the 2010-11 team. And look what happened.

Boat is an outstanding basketball player, and the guts he showed trying to carry the team on his shoulders was outstanding. But he is not a true, lead one that should be playing point where his running mate doesn't have point skills. If a player like Shefer or Ricky Moore was his SG, the team would have been better off than pairing him with a Purvis. And then sometimes the on court chemistry works and some times it doesn't. In 11-12, it didn't. This year, it didn't.

And the more success he has in the NBA the more I will be laughed at for this, but I will go to my grave believing we would have won more games in 2011-12 if Drummond never showed up on campus and everyone else filled in accordingly. AO wouldn't have been convinced by his family that he was being disrespected, wouldn't have been benched once or twice and wouldn't have had to mold his game as much to Drummond's. Roscoe would have kept getting 20 minutes a game defending the 4 like a maniac, instead of playing himself out of the rotation trying to play a 3. Giffey wouldn't have lost minutes. Daniels might have gotten a shot to contribute. And Bazz and Boat would have had less problems fighting over the ball without adding Drummond to the mix who had to get his touches. don't see why I can't think that without it being an insult to Drummond. Sometimes a team's chemistry just doesn't work.

Not laughable to me, though we'll never now.
My pet "if only . . . " has Adrien single-handedly crushing George Mason in the second half. They had no answer for him.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I read the first sentence and said "no they lost Kemba and Lamb." Completely forgot Jeremy returned for his soph year! Duh.

Reaction Score
Scrappy is the dumbest human being in this entire planet
That's cold. Scrappy is the most optimistic poster in fantasy land. He is the only poster that brings levity after a loss, and if you happen to indulge in his thinking for a minute, gives you hope for the next game/season and all of our players.

He's not dumb, just a the polar opposite of the complaining batch of posters we have, particularly during a bad season.

Trust me we needed him this year, or at least I did.

Post On Scrappy! My Man!

Reaction Score

He said a lot of things. Most of them were terrible and stupid.

Also, I have no problem with people saying Drummond was a disappointment. He was a 103/96 player overall, which is solid, but he was 98/98 in league play which is exactly average. He didn't "almost average a double-double," he put up 10.5 and 8.6. He was a huge liability at the line, and was overall a less effective player than Brimah was this year, statistically.

Reaction Score
He said a lot of things. Most of them were terrible and stupid.

Also, I have no problem with people saying Drummond was a disappointment. He was a 103/96 player overall, which is solid, but he was 98/98 in league play which is exactly average. He didn't "almost average a double-double," he put up 10.5 and 8.6. He was a huge liability at the line, and was overall a less effective player than Brimah was this year, statistically.
That is almost a double-double, and IIRC he didn't even average 3o mins a game. Also, that was so much less of a "Team" than any others following it. With all the talent on that roster, we should've been one of, if not the, best teams that year.

Reaction Score
That is almost a double-double, and IIRC he didn't even average 3o mins a game. Also, that was so much less of a "Team" than any others following it. With all the talent on that roster, we should've been one of, if not the, best teams that year.

That's a pretty generous "almost," but whatever. He was a 3 win player at .126/40. There was a ton of hype surrounding him, and what we got was a below-average offensive player and an above-average defensive player. I expected more, and given how quickly he became a star in the NBA, I wasn't wrong to expect more.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
That's cold. Scrappy is the most optimistic poster in fantasy land. He is the only poster that brings levity after a loss, and if you happen to indulge in his thinking for a minute, gives you hope for the next game/season and all of our players.

He's not dumb, just a the polar opposite of the complaining batch of posters we have, particularly during a bad season.

Trust me we needed him this year, or at least I did.

Post On Scrappy! My Man!
Is he the one who was convinced we could win six straight in March after we beat Dayton? That guy is awesome.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hey, this is "The Official Beg Diamond Stone To Come To UCONN Thread", not the "I'm Happy Having No Offense From The Center Spot and Missing The NCAA Tournament We Don't Need Diamond Stone Thread."

You still haven't explained why you think not getting Stone means we won't make the tournament. I'm really curious to hear your reasoning.

Reaction Score
He would be a star here, no doubt. He would make Brimah's weaknesses much less obvious! They'd be GREAT together
Correct, but we don't even need someone of Stone's physical gifts to make Brimah more effective, someone with strength and blue collar skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom