The Official Beg Diamond Stone To Come To UCONN Thread | The Boneyard

The Official Beg Diamond Stone To Come To UCONN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Please come to UCONN, please, please. After seeing the performance of our big men this season and especially in the AAC tourney, this is what I've been reduced to......Don't judge me. I don't think we've ever needed a recruit more than Stone (runner up was Chris Smith who got it all started). Please share your pleadings.....I mean feelings, on why Stone should be a Husky.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stone should be a Husky. And Malik Newman. And Ben Simmons (even though he's already signed with LSU).

Hell, everyone in the top 100 should come here...weeklong tryout camp in August for the 13 scholarships. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Stone could come to UCONN and they still do nothing....Drummond Remember him and that Uconn team with 14 losses Uconn has to develop chemistry, more then one consistent player at a time and a true point guard. Ryan was not a true point. Right now, Uconn does not have a true point until Adams gets there and his play is unproven until he gets on the floor next year! Doing great in high school means nothing if you go to a team without chemistry. Same for a kid leaving college going to the NBA. Ben Wallace was everytjing as a rebounder until he left for he bulls and more money. Chemistry didnt work in his favor

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Stone could come to UCONN and they still do nothing....Drummond Remember him and that Uconn team with 14 losses Uconn has to develop chemistry, more then one consistent player at a time and a true point guard. Ryan was not a true point. Right now, Uconn does not have a true point until Adams gets there and his play is unproven until he gets on the floor next year! Doing great in high school means nothing if you go to a team without chemistry. Same for a kid leaving college going to the NBA. Ben Wallace was everytjing as a rebounder until he left for he bulls and more money. Chemistry didnt work in his favor
Oh boy, Drummond almost averaged a double double in the real big east with two blocks. Diamond stone would help us in so many ways I can't count them.

Reaction Score

I feel like I read the dumbest thing I've ever read twice daily on this board.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Drummond averaged almost a double, double and Stone is a much more finished product than AD.

So please, please Diamond come to UCONN

Reaction Score
Drummond was really good.

Ben Wallace was 33 and on the decline 4 seasons in a row.

Reaction Score
Not interested. I would never dog Amida like that under any circumstance--even for Shaq . We have 5 quality big men--we need an additional ballhandling guard for depth and perhaps an athletic wing for D. Our froncourt just needs reps for improvement

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I just want him to get it over with.
And if the answer is no, at least we can start mentally preparing ourselves for another NIT appearance next year. One thing this season proved is no recruit needs to be afraid of not getting playing time over Brimah. Remember at the beginning of the year when many including me were saying Brimah would be a lottery pick this year? We can all agree, he's a four year player.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
And if the answer is no, at least we can start mentally preparing ourselves for another NIT appearance next year. One thing this season proved is no recruit needs to be afraid of not getting playing time over Brimah. Remember at the beginning of the year when many including me were saying Brimah would be a lottery pick this year? We can all agree, he's a four year player.

So if Stone doesn't come, we aren't making the tourney next year?

Solid logic.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure he has us winning it all in his NCAA tournament bracket.

Reaction Score

There are no guarantees how a one and done will pane out not every player is Davis/Melo/DRose/Durant etc, but I would take that chance, and yes I would still take AD if we had to do it all over again, he nearly averaged a double double in big east play.

Reaction Score
Not interested. I would never dog Amida like that under any circumstance--even for Shaq . We have 5 quality big men--we need an additional ballhandling guard for depth and perhaps an athletic wing for D. Our froncourt just needs reps for improvement
Philip Nolan? Quality? Come on I know you are hopelessly optimistic but there is no way anyone can say he brings quality play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom