The Official 2024 New England Patriots Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New England Patriots Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Would you play Maye now? I still have PTSD from Darnold and Wilson….I would let him watch and learn.
No, but soon. Need Lowe back at LT. Can't believe I typed it, but it's true. Might need Mike back at RG, Wallace at RT and Robinson at LG. Jacoby causes some of the issues with his processing speed (lack thereof). Might see Maye by week 5.

The skill position guys aren't the problem. The WR, RB and TE group is solid. The OL and QB play is the issue. Defensively, short week after OT against a Jets team at home with Rogers was a tough environment. They didn't adapt to Bentley being out, missed a lot of tackles (were the best tackling team in the NFL in weeks 1-2) and Rogers broke contain too often.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don’t think the Pats have a bad team. I think they play well together and do what Mayo wants them to do. They just have a severe lack of overall talent all over the place and need to be smart reloading the next couple years. I don’t think you’ll have much better than this for this year and maybe a good part of next.
Better than this? This is the floor. They were much better than this the last two weeks and will be better than this next week. The talent gap is almost entirely in the OL and QB positions. Losing Barmore and now Bentley hurts the defensive talent.

Reaction Score
Better than this? This is the floor. They were much better than this the last two weeks and will be better than this next week. The talent gap is almost entirely in the OL and QB positions. Losing Barmore and now Bentley hurts the defensive talent.
Nah. You’re looking at 5-6 wins this year and next tops with what you have on offense. The RB and WR corps are not good right now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Nah. You’re looking at 5-6 wins this year and next tops with what you have on offense. The RB and WR corps are not good right now.
So the guy who was the top RB in the league in weeks 1-2 isn’t good. Right. Polk leads all the rookie WRs in separation metrics. The problem is QB and OL. Yes, probably 5-6 wins against the toughest schedule in the league. Maybe 7. Next year though? Winning the division.

Reaction Score
So the guy who was the top RB in the league in weeks 1-2 isn’t good. Right. Polk leads all the rookie WRs in separation metrics. The problem is QB and OL. Yes, probably 5-6 wins against the toughest schedule in the league. Maybe 7. Next year though? Winning the division.

Oh. I didn’t realize the guy with 5 catches in 3 games led the league in separation metrics. LOL. Is this post for real?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oh. I didn’t realize the guy with 5 catches in 3 games led the league in separation metrics. LOL. Is this post for real?
Somebody has to throw the ball to him. He's not the problem.

Reaction Score
Somebody has to throw the ball to him. He's not the problem.

Hey, if you want to spin it, spin away. This is one of the worst offenses in football through 3 weeks and Brissett hasn't made a single mistake yet.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hey, if you want to spin it, spin away. This is one of the worst offenses in football through 3 weeks and Brissett hasn't made a single mistake yet.
Brissett has made loads of mistakes. Just no turnovers. He's holding the ball too long, has tunnel vision and isn't getting through reads fast enough. He's a big part of the problem and Maye will be playing in a couple of weeks. In week one, Osbourne was the least open WR and got most of the targets.

The issues aren't the RBs and WRs, or TEs. It's almost all OL and QB, plus some play-calling/game plan issue.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There aren't many positives, but there's this
  • Gonzalez is phenomenal
  • Lowe was actually decent at LT (Center was a catastrophe)
  • Running game was great. Didn't run enough.
  • Rumors are that Maye could start soon
  • Mapu filled in for the two injured starters at S, despite coming off injury, and played well
That's not much. Just a horrific game. Terrible coaching. Terrible QB play. Bad clock management (again). Penalties were awful, but I also think that crew was lousy for both teams, calling too many marginal penalties.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom