The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I would say that Simmons realizes the Pats are by far the worst team in the AFC East now.
He used to be a must-read 20 years ago and has certainly lost his fastball, but he's not wrong.

Have The Jets done anything to address their Defense, or just ticket sales?

Reaction Score

Says the guy who's 42 year old QB walked away and won a Super Bowl with someone else.

Rodgers won the MVP in 2020 and 2021. It's not like they're trotting Johnny Unitas out there.

Reaction Score
He used to be a must-read 20 years ago and has certainly lost his fastball, but he's not wrong.

Have The Jets done anything to address their Defense, or just ticket sales?
Their defense that was 4th in scoring, 4th in yards, 5th in 3rd down %, 5th DVOA and 3rd in weighted DVOA.

Honestly, your football posts are really something. The Bill Simmons post makes sense now.

Reaction Score
I think this is the best solution for Zach. He can learn from his idol.
“No one works harder, no one loves ball more than Zach Wilson. And him having the opportunity to really shadow and be with a first-ballot, Hall of Fame quarterback every day, every hour he’s in the building, that’s a great opportunity and a great experience.”

Hmmm, not sure about that. You really want that weirdo being the mentor to your young QB who already has all kinds of maturity and mental issues?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Says the guy who's 42 year old QB walked away and won a Super Bowl with someone else.

Rodgers won the MVP in 2020 and 2021. It's not like they're trotting Johnny Unitas out there.
Irrelevant.

The point of the tweet was how the Jets gave up a ransom for a player whom they had no competition in acquiring.

Brady is a freak and an outlier. I guess we'll find out if Rodgers is similar. Odds appear against.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Zava has arrived in NJ. Prepare! Hopefully his brought his mystical stones and incense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
“No one works harder, no one loves ball more than Zach Wilson. And him having the opportunity to really shadow and be with a first-ballot, Hall of Fame quarterback every day, every hour he’s in the building, that’s a great opportunity and a great experience.”

Hmmm, not sure about that. You really want that weirdo being the mentor to your young QB who already has all kinds of maturity and mental issues?
Well...mentor him on being a great football player. Not on how to set up interviews with Joe Rogan.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Not bitter. Should be entertaining. I don't know if he'll be great or piss off everyone and ruin the culture.
It'll be interesting to see how he approaches this change. He said today that he will be at practice tomorrow. In recent years at GB he didn't participate in OTAs. So....that's a positive sign that he gets that he needs to assimilate with his new team.

Jets currently do have a good culture...they survived the Moore hissy fit and dissension caused by Zach's words and poor play. I think they should be ok....but only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Not bitter. Should be entertaining. I don't know if he'll be great or piss off everyone and ruin the culture.
Small items but I was pleased to see him cleaner cut and wearing Jets gear. At least it looked like he was towing the company line on Day 1.

I have said, this isn't Wisconsin. If they lose a couple, if he plays badly? The NY Media will not tolerate being told to relax or that he's crawling in a hole in Haiti on the bye week. And once they turn on you and take a bite out? They rarely reverse course.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Bitter? Why? When was the last time the Jets beat the Patriots? (Had to look it up, 2015) And will this year be any different? What I am looking forward to is the relationship between the team and the press, because this should be interesting, as in Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Small items but I was pleased to see him cleaner cut and wearing Jets gear. At least it looked like he was towing the company line on Day 1.

I have said, this isn't Wisconsin. If they lose a couple, if he plays badly? The NY Media will not tolerate being told to relax or that he's crawling in a hole in Haiti on the bye week. And once they turn on you and take a bite out? They rarely reverse course.
I don’t buy that. NY media is tough, but the Packers are by far the more storied and popular team. The pressure and expectations in Green Bay are higher. Jets aren’t the Yankees. But he won’t have the fan loyalty he did in GB, that’s true.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I don’t buy that. NY media is tough, but the Packers are by far the more storied and popular team. The pressure and expectations in Green Bay are higher. Jets aren’t the Yankees. But he won’t have the fan loyalty he did in GB, that’s true.
I don't know. They are passionate but nice. They care...a lot. But they won't call out a hall of famer. They are reasonable...they aren't crazy Jets fans...lol.

I think it will be different for him...the media will ask tougher questions...they won't let him off the hook. But...if he performs...it won't be an issue. I think he is cranky with GB and wants to prove they made a mistake.

I am optimistic.

Reaction Score
That is just not true. Name one player on the Packers they've treated like the NY media treated Sam Darnold. Or Adam Gase. Or Rex Ryan. Or Leveon Bell. Or (insert any of the other hundreds there are). Just name one.

69b5f6e84b33dee83ad46ede662e60b1cccdd9c1.png

Husky25

Reaction Score
That is just not true. Name one player on the Packers they've treated like the NY media treated Sam Darnold. Or Adam Gase. Or Rex Ryan. Or Leveon Bell. Or (insert any of the other hundreds there are). Just name one.

69b5f6e84b33dee83ad46ede662e60b1cccdd9c1.png

Is Rodgers really being compared to Sam Darnold?

If Rodgers wins in NY, he won't have to worry about negativity from the Press. He's not Roger Maris chasing Babe Ruth. The Jets haven't had a winning record since 2015 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2010.

On the other hand, He has no excuses after the Jets brought in his binkies in Hackett and Lazard.

Reaction Score
Is Rodgers really being compared to Sam Darnold?

If Rodgers wins in NY, he won't have to worry about negativity from the Press. He's not Roger Maris chasing Babe Ruth. The Jets haven't had a winning record since 2015 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2010.

On the other hand, He has no excuses after the Jets brought in his binkies in Hackett and Lazard.
What are you talking about? You said the GB media was just as tough and demanding as NY and that's ridiculous under any circumstance. Give me one player the Wisconsin media was tough on, even close to how the NY media treats people weekly. You can't.

Husky25

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? You said the GB media was just as tough and demanding as NY and that's ridiculous under any circumstance. Give me one player the Wisconsin media was tough on, even close to how the NY media treats people weekly. You can't.
That wasn't me.

Reaction Score
Rodgers will handle the NY media just fine the question is can the NY media handle him. You don’t have to be a saint to play in NY.

Husky25

Reaction Score
HuskyHawk/Husky25 confusion. My bad.
No problem.

Rodgers has a track record, and it's much better than any of the players/coaches mentioned above. I think the New York media will cut Rodgers some slack initially, but he has to perform. They don't have to go 13-4, but 8-9 is not what he was brought in for, even if it is an improvement.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
If Rodgers plays a full season....10 wins is the bare minimum. They really should win 11 or more. 9 or less and the trade is a failure.

Again... assuming he plays a full season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom