The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You guys ready for a snow game at Gillette? Will the Jets break the streak? Is this Bill's last game with the Patriots? Does either team have a QB? Two strong defenses in a very windy, snow game.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
You guys ready for a snow game at Gillette? Will the Jets break the streak? Is this Bill's last game with the Patriots? Does either team have a QB? Two strong defenses in a very windy, snow game.
Take the under

Reaction Score
How is this question?

Also, what kickers are you scouting for drafting in round 2?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I hate rooting for a loss. It really is in the Jets best interests to lose this game. It not only helps them but hurts the Patriots. Of course theywill win and whatever QB the Patriots draft will be a hall of famer

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I hate rooting for a loss. It really is in the Jets best interests to lose this game. It not only helps them but hurts the Patriots. Of course theywill win and whatever QB the Patriots draft will be a hall of famer
game of thrones khaleesi GIF

Reaction Score
The Pats before and after Brady are a dumpster fire of an organization, I wouldn't worry, they will keep drafting kickers and fighting for 3rd in the AFC East for a long long long time

Reaction Score
The Pats before and after Brady are a dumpster fire of an organization, I wouldn't worry, they will keep drafting kickers and fighting for 3rd in the AFC East for a long long long time
Although the Patriots lost both games, they were in the Super Bowls after the 1985 and 1996 seasons. They got smoked by the Bears but they had some success before Brady. I am neutral toward the Patriots, BTW.

Reaction Score
Although the Patriots lost both games, they were in the Super Bowls after the 1985 and 1996 seasons. They got smoked by the Bears but they had some success before Brady. I am neutral toward the Patriots, BTW.
From 1960 to 2000 and now 2020 to 2023 they won 7 playoff games and 4 division titles. That's 43 years and 5 of the 7 playoffs win came in 2 of them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
From 1960 to 2000 and now 2020 to 2023 they won 7 playoff games and 4 division titles. That's 43 years and 5 of the 7 playoffs win came in 2 of them.
The Jets are 12-13 in the playoffs all time. Those late 70s Patriots teams were much better than the Jets who had zero playoff appearances in the entire decade. Aside from 1986 to 1994, there's no long stretch of not making the playoffs back to 76. New England Patriots Playoff History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Reaction Score
The Jets are 12-13 in the playoffs all time. Those late 70s Patriots teams were much better than the Jets who had zero playoff appearances in the entire decade. Aside from 1986 to 1994, there's no long stretch of not making the playoffs back to 76. New England Patriots Playoff History | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Yea, the Jets stink too. Although, I would take where they are right now over the Pats by a great deal.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yea, the Jets stink too. Although, I would take where they are right now over the Pats by a great deal.
Neither team is realty that far away. Patriots have a lot more cap space to play with. Miami is dead in the water. They are -$43M in Cap without extending Tua or Waddle. Bills are -$41M, but at least their core is signed. Dolphins are going to hemorrhage talent. NFL 2024 Salary Cap Tracker

Reaction Score
Neither team is realty that far away. Patriots have a lot more cap space to play with. Miami is dead in the water. They are -$43M in Cap without extending Tua or Waddle. Bills are -$41M, but at least their core is signed. Dolphins are going to hemorrhage talent. NFL 2024 Salary Cap Tracker
While Miami may need to cut some talent, they still have plenty. Tua, Hill, Waddle, Achane will all be there. They also have a good coach and front office who have proven they can find, and utilize, talent.

Pats have no QB, no RB, league worst WRs, no TE, and a bad line. They have the worst offensive roster in the league by far. And they have proven they have zero idea of how to find offensive players in the draft or FA. I mean they let Meyers walk for JuJu which everyone laughed at, well everyone but you, just like drafting a kicker.

I don't think the Jets are far off, but the Pats are a long long way from being competitive.

Reaction Score
While Miami may need to cut some talent, they still have plenty. Tua, Hill, Waddle, Achane will all be there. They also have a good coach and front office who have proven they can find, and utilize, talent.

Pats have no QB, no RB, league worst WRs, no TE, and a bad line. They have the worst offensive roster in the league by far. And they have proven they have zero idea of how to find offensive players in the draft or FA. I mean they let Meyers walk for JuJu which everyone laughed at, well everyone but you, just like drafting a kicker.

I don't think the Jets are far off, but the Pats are a long long way from being competitive.
A) The way Brady patched holes is over. Like making WRs like Chris Hogan look good.

B) The days of guys like Corey Dillon and Legarrette Blount coming to NE on the cheap to win a title is over.

C) And that’s regardless of who the coach is. If they ever put an idiot like McDaniels in there? Good lord.

They won’t finish above 3rd for the next five years. The other three teams aren’t going to evaporate like you’d hope.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Stephenson is a very good RB. The OL is fine except LT if they resign Onwenu at RT. Hunter Henry is at least league average or better. WR is a disaster except Douglas and Bourne. QB is a disaster. Play calling is a disaster.

Reaction Score
Stephenson is a very good RB. The OL is fine except LT if they resign Onwenu at RT. Hunter Henry is at least league average or better. WR is a disaster except Douglas and Bourne. QB is a disaster. Play calling is a disaster.
Hunter Henry is not good and he is a FA anyways. Same, for both, for Bourne.

A very good RB doesn't have 0 games rushing for over 100 yards on the year. but if you are looking for 60 yards a game at 3.5 a pop, he is your guy.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
This latest Rodgers incident may turn me against him permanently. Unless he has a logical reason for slandering Kimmel

Rodgers is too smart for his own good. He thinks he has it all figured out and everyone else is stupid.

I love hisleadership but he needs to stop going onMacafee
Well. He took no accountability. I don't see how I can root for such a bad person.

Only the Jets can make a trade for a hall of Fame quarterback a trainwreck.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Only the Jets can make a trade for a hall of Fame quarterback a trainwreck.
Twice...and with the same team!!!

(Though to be fair, While the Jets missed the playoffs in 2008, they were 9-7 and Favre made the Pro Bowl.).

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Macafee has paused Rodgers appearances on his show. He realized they really stepped in it yesterday. It was all conspiracy theories and no sports. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers plays the victim now and retires. That feels in character.

I would be ok with the Jets starting over. Let Rodgers go. Fire Douglas and Saleh. HireVrabel and draft a second tier quarterback. And sign a Minshew type.

They rook a shot at a quick fix..they failed. Again

They have a good enough core to attract a decent gm and coach

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
If you are a Jets fan, you need to read today’s article in The Athletic. Its a behind the scenes expose on the dysfuntion of the team this year.

Reading this makes me believe more than ever that this team needs to clean house. They won’t.but they should. I honestly thought there was widespread respect for Saleh in the locker room. Now he is described as the “paranoid” head coah.

If Douglas wants to take control of the team over again….a good start is firing Hackett. It would show the team that Rodgers doesn’t run the show and it sill improve team morale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom