The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread

Reaction Score
Walk me through yours. You made the statement. You provided zero support for it. I already provided you evidence on how it was wrong. Or just keep throwing things out with nothing to support it by, your call.

As an FYI you may want to do just minimal research on the demographics of an NFL locker room and this will help you out a little.
I heard it from a long time Raiders season ticket holder who's friends with a good number of former players and current/former front office personnel. Take it for what it's worth. I really don't care. He's been right on so many other Raiders/NFL rumors and stories, I trust him.

And if you'd like to teach me more about the demographics of an NFL locker room, I'm all ears.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Carr sounds perfect for the Jets. ;)

It doesn't look like anyone (not even Dan Snyder...though WFT is presumably busy finding an OC and selling the franchise...hopefully) is blowing up the phones in Vegas so Carr will probably be released before the 37M/year clause kicks in and will presumably sign for more in line with what he is really worth, which is far less than 37 Million.
I know I have been beating the Carr drum...but that article does give me pause. Mainly because of how Jacobs talked about Carr being quiet...and inferring Brissett showed more leadership than Carr. It reminded me of how the Jets players responded to White versus Zach. (BTW...Cimini at ESPN had a great article yesterday about Zach's history with the Jets).

So...if you have Carr and Zach with a young team...will there be a leadership gap? Maybe. And will Carr be able to develop Zach? Maybe...but he won't help him be a better leader.

So... while Rodgers seems to be a bit of a narcissistic nut job, he does have respect in the locker room. And a young team probably needs a strong leader as much as a good quarterback. Zach would probably learn more from Rodgers. And it they truly believe in Zach... Rodgers two year timeline could work.

I do think the only way they should trade for Rodgers is if he commits to two years. Otherwise it's not worth the picks you have to give up.

So...I might be cooling off on the Carr idea. I still think it could work...and it is probably a better call than anyone not named Rodgers...but Rodgers may be the better play here. And obviously this is all dependent on Rodgers not retiring and him wanting to play for the Jets.

I reserve the right to change my opinion again....lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I know I have been beating the Carr drum...but that article does give me pause. Mainly because of how Jacobs talked about Carr being quiet...and inferring Brissett showed more leadership than Carr. It reminded me of how the Jets players responded to White versus Zach. (BTW...Cimini at ESPN had a great article yesterday about Zach's history with the Jets).

So...if you have Carr and Zach with a young team...will there be a leadership gap? Maybe. And will Carr be able to develop Zach? Maybe...but he won't help him be a better leader.

So... while Rodgers seems to be a bit of a narcissistic nut job, he does have respect in the locker room. And a young team probably needs a strong leader as much as a good quarterback. Zach would probably learn more from Rodgers. And it they truly believe in Zach... Rodgers two year timeline could work.

I do think the only way they should trade for Rodgers is if he commits to two years. Otherwise it's not worth the picks you have to give up.

So...I might be cooling off on the Carr idea. I still think it could work...and it is probably a better call than anyone not named Rodgers...but Rodgers may be the better play here. And obviously this is all dependent on Rodgers not retiring and him wanting to play for the Jets.

I reserve the right to change my opinion again....lol.
I think all the noise about bringing in a veteran signal caller of a Carr or Rodgers stature indicates that the Jets are ready to move on from Wilson. Carr, provided they sign him, would allow the Jets to draft a midround QB to develop behind the scenes.

Frankly, the Vegas QB of choice for the Jets should be Stidham. Alas, it looks like he's expected to re-sign with the Raiders.

Reaction Score
I heard it from a long time Raiders season ticket holder who's friends with a good number of former players and current/former front office personnel. Take it for what it's worth. I really don't care. He's been right on so many other Raiders/NFL rumors and stories, I trust him.

And if you'd like to teach me more about the demographics of an NFL locker room, I'm all ears.
Cool story, like I said no evidence to support the claim.

Reaction Score
Cool story, like I said no evidence to support the claim.
Still waiting on your expertise of the demographic makeup of the NFL locker room.

James Harrison and Tony Gonzalez questioned Carr's locker room leadership skills because of his religious beliefs back in 2018. Do they know what an NFL locker room is like?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I think all the noise about bringing in a veteran signal caller of a Carr or Rodgers stature indicates that the Jets are ready to move on from Wilson. Carr, provided they sign him, would allow the Jets to draft a midround QB to develop behind the scenes.

Frankly, the Vegas QB of choice for the Jets should be Stidham. Alas, it looks like he's expected to re-sign with the Raiders.
Well...I am not 100% sure they have completely moved on from Zach. Next year? Definitely. He doesn't have a chance to be the starter in 2023 barring injury. But....this staff is the staff who drafted him. And they willingly admitted they messed up by not letting Zach sit and learn. And they threw the OC under the bus.

I don't think they completely move on from Zach until he has had a chance to work with a more experienced OC. I think they want to see him in another system for a year.

Unless....there is a team out there who fell in love with Zach during the draft process and thinks they can fix him. If they are willing to give a higher than expected draft pick for him, then Douglas might make that deal.

But I don't think they actively shop him.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So..... Carr won't waive his no-trade...which means he will be a free agent. He will just cost the Jets cash...no picks.

And....the Jets have asked the Packers if Rodgers is available. I had seen one article saying he would cost two ones and Elijah Moore...which is waaaay too much. I saw another that said a 2023 third and a conditional 2024 one.

Douglas has to find a way to get Rodgers without giving up a one. And definitely don't give up Moore.

Would they make a deal for Rodgers without a two year commitment?

Reaction Score
That's great to hear, especially since they're all better than Carr.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
This is good news for @Deepster if true

I really do think they want a good role model for Zach on how to be a leader. That might not be Carr...or even Rodgers.

I really do think Carr is the best option because he won't cost picks, he is durable...and capable. But Saleh is big on locker room presence...and it doesn't sound like that is a strength of Carr's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom