The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread

Reaction Score
I go into the woods this Sunday and will come out the following Sunday. Historically when I do these trips I am pleasantly surprised when I look at the baseball standings upon my exit (incommunicado except for my SPOT messenger). I just wonder if this is not going to set up some unrealistic expectations next year. But boy, this little "hey we know how to play too," episode is rather nice, gives me hope that #firecashman really has a plan.

Its a great feeling seeing this team as underdogs for once, all the pressure is on the teams ahead of the Yankees so every win the Yankees get puts that much more pressure on the other teams, because the Yankees aren't supposed to be in this.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With 23 games to go the Yanks are 2 games out of a WC spot. And just 4 games out of 1st place of the division lead.

Their upcoming schedule includes:

3 games hosting the Rays
3 games hosting the Dodgers
4 games at Red Sox
3 games at Rays
4 games at Blue Jays
3 games hosting Red Sox and
1 game hosting the Orioles.

Their starting staff are:

Tanaka
Pineda
Sabathia
Cessa
B. Mitchel

Reaction Score
With 23 games to go the Yanks are 2 games out of a WC spot. And just 4 games out of 1st place of the division lead.

Their upcoming schedule includes:

3 games hosting the Rays
3 games hosting the Dodgers
4 games at Red Sox
3 games at Rays
4 games at Blue Jays
3 games hosting Red Sox and
1 game hosting the Orioles.

Their starting staff are:

Tanaka
Pineda
Sabathia
Cessa
B. Mitchel

I am going to see the Sox on 9/26 in the Executive Suites for a vendor shin-ding. When I singed-up 2 months ago, I was like well I get to see how the other half lives. Now, I'm jacked as a playoff slot could be on the line, for both teams.

Reaction Score
I am going to see the Sox on 9/26 in the Executive Suites for a vendor shin-ding. When I singed-up 2 months ago, I was like well I get to see how the other half lives. Now, I'm jacked as a playoff slot could be on the line, for both teams.

I have our company seats for the 28th in Delta360 section. I have not offered them to a customer yet as I too hope this game means something LOL

Reaction Score
6BWzh3o.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Saw a bit of Sunday's game. Beautiful day, sparse crowd. Looks like the fans are going to wait a bit longer to get back on the bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Saw a bit of Sunday's game. Beautiful day, sparse crowd. Looks like the fans are going to wait a bit longer to get back on the bandwagon.

Not sure why you posted this?

Worry about your guys Waq that pitching is brutal, going nowhere.

Reaction Score

Funny last year when you team won what, 65 games or something and the wheels fell off, the NATION wasn't singing Sweet Caroline, Yankee fans said nothing on here. Nothing, but you just proved who the real idiots are and it's not the Yankee fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny last year when you team won what, 65 games or something and the wheels fell off, the NATION wasn't singing Sweet Caroline, Yankee fans said nothing on here. Nothing, but you just proved who the real idiots are and it's not the Yankee fans.
There were more fannies in the seats at September Fenway games last year than there were in the Bronx yesterday. Your boys are in a pennant race and there's no juice whatsoever. I'm just making an observation.

Reaction Score
There were more fannies in the seats at September Fenway games last year than there were in the Bronx yesterday. Your boys are in a pennant race and there's no juice whatsoever. I'm just making an observation.

It's not an "observation" but whatever makes you happy. Like I said we were quiet last year as you faded into obscurity real early in the year, but you found a need to make a point, happy?
:rolleyes:
The Yanks would have plenty of seats in the stands the obvious reasons are known to those who care. $$$$$$ has hurt the fans in the stands, simple. You didn't build a new stadium, still the same old 15" wide seats since the 1800's and poles in peoples way. They did and now the loose fannies but there's no loss of fans, we're here and it's pretty impressive the team is still in it with what they throw out there. We're having fun, just watch your guys and your nation.

Reaction Score
Think the bats and the magic they had just died. Too bad, it was fun while it lasted, the kids did good kept it more fun than we could have imagined for sure.

Reaction Score
Think the bats and the magic they had just died. Too bad, it was fun while it lasted, the kids did good kept it more fun than we could have imagined for sure.

The Dodgers as much as it pains me to say this are a very good team right now and they have one key strengthen that the Yank's don't right now - a deep, experienced starting rotation. That will continue to be an issue into 2017, which is why I hope management stays patient and focuses on 2018. The Baby Bombers bats were bound to quiet down. That's baseball.

Reaction Score
The Dodgers as much as it pains me to say this are a very good team right now and they have one key strengthen that the Yank's don't right now - a deep, experienced starting rotation. That will continue to be an issue into 2017, which is why I hope management stays patient and focuses on 2018. The Baby Bombers bats were bound to quiet down. That's baseball.

And the crazy thing is their still in it 2 back although they have a huge mountain to climb with no equipment to help them out, Judge is now out for the year I know he was struggling but it takes a huge threat out of the lineup, now you have to use Tex more often, oh well it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Eh, not sure I am a fan of this. At least the Yanks did not have to give away any talent.

Reports: Yankees, 1B/DH Butler agree to deal

Good hitter I like it. Pro-hitter needed we'll see. Good news is they didn;t give away and even better they still think they have a chance. Throw Refsneyder out there not tex, he's awful, and give this guy some AB's. But again clogs the baselines like Tex and McCann already do.

Reaction Score
Hey Mau,

Time to start the 2017 Yankee thread...

You are pitiful and typical aren't you my friend. Nothing from you last year as in ZERO and here you are. You should be ashamed. Nah you shouldn't, it's pretty funny and I'm sure I deserve a little. But I said nothing about the Sox last year UC and you know what, they were supposed to be better and were dreadful to say the least. This years Yanks were fun in my eyes so on to football and basketball. You'll be there too by the way with those arms;)

Best of luck.

Reaction Score
I have our company seats for the 28th in Delta360 section. I have not offered them to a customer yet as I too hope this game means something LOL

To Waq's point, obviously since the games are now as big as they could have been, the Yankees emailed our business manager and offered 4 complimentary tickets in a luxury suite as well as free F & B on the 27th. So I gave my 4 seats on the 28th to a customer and now I am bringing a vendor who is a Yankee fan, as well as a customer and my sales guy who are both Red Sox fans. But one thing all 4 have in common is having "fun" so it will be a blast.

Question last time I took the train the car we were in had no bathrooms, is this true of all out of New Haven?

Reaction Score
Question last time I took the train the car we were in had no bathrooms, is this true of all out of New Haven?

Not all the cars have bathrooms, you just have to walk to a different car to find one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom