The Official 2015 Yankees Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Yankees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At least your season is not over yet. You have hope. Mine is gone.

You want to see hope 60's, don't watch the AL wild card game on Tuesday ;) that would be hopeless. LOL

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Hope alone was left in the jar...
Pandora's "box" is actually a jar. And when she let out all the bad spirits, hope alone was left in the jar. The writer then left it deliberately ambiguous whether hope was taken from the jar, and so we will always have hope among us, or whether the jar was sealed up with hope still inside.
I think hope is still in the jar, and it is buried along with the ability to swing the bat or to locate a fastball somewhere other than thigh high in the middle of the plate.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Tough end of the season. First, we have to walk Mau away from the ledge.

They have a great pitcher. We have a pitcher capable of throwing a great game. Otherwise, they've pretty much sucked as much as we have lately.

Reaction Score
Tough end of the season. First, we have to walk Mau away from the ledge.

They have a great pitcher. We have a pitcher capable of throwing a great game. Otherwise, they've pretty much sucked as much as we have lately.

No ledge it's the Yanks. Expectations were very low and the reality is the team we saw the last month is the one I expected. Happy to have made the "playoff" I guess but if I were Joe I may be in the car with CC.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think Joe just started drinking heavy a few weeks ago. I would place his intervention around Spring training time

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Aaaaaand no Mas Tanaka showed up.

And Gardner and ARod take strike 3

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Aaaaaand no Mas Tanaka showed up.

And Gardner and ARod take strike 3
Eh, he got out of the jam with little damage. 'Stros may regret not being able to capitalize there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Eh, he got out of the jam with little damage. 'Stros may regret not being able to capitalize there.
He's battling hard.

The Yankees bats...wtf?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Brett Gardner...DEAD!!
Jacoby Ellsbury...DEAD!!!
Carlos Beltran...DEAD!!!
ARod...DEAD!!!
Mark "ouch, I'm out" Teixeira...DEAD!!
Brian McCann...DEAD!!!
CC...DEAD!!
#FireCashman...DEAD!!

Reaction Score
That was so predictable, exactly how I thought it would go Tanaka giving the Yankees a chance and the bats going silent. Im not even mad, or dejected I'm actually relieved that its over.

Reaction Score
Mau Mau Mau! Sorry just had to do it....

All good UConner. What's there to say an awful baseball team somehow played well for a couple months and put themselves in position to do something they were not really capable of. It was a fun ride up until August then you kind of saw the real Yankees, the Ellsbury's, Gardner's, ARod's, McCann's, Headley's who can't hit a lick when they die. And I mean die, no sign of any live bats whatsoever, dreadful.

Ellsbury's deal is now right there with ARod and Tex. Anchor type stuff.

Reaction Score
Well, that was depressing; but, not expected. Looks like the Yanks hit a wall after the All-Star break between injuries and age. Considering they were picked to finish 3rd or 4th in the AL East a miss the playoffs all together, this season was still somewhat of an accomplishment. Better than the Red Sox, LOL.

Not a Houston fan; but congrats to UConn's own George Spring on advancing into the playoffs.

As for the Yankees, they need to get younger fast and to get players who can get on base and not just hit a HR of strike-out. Behind the plate, I think the McCann experiment, while it looked good on paper, is over. Prefer trade him if possible and go with the younger Murphy behind the plate next year. Use the extra cash to get some pitching. At 1st, almost the same for Teixeria’s whose durability is now a huge liability. At least Bird looks viable there. In the middle, Refsnyder has hope at 2nd; but, I would like to add infield depth that can also hit (see Ryan and Drew). Gregorius improved a lot in the field at SS and at the plate as the season progressed and I hope he can develop further next season (Mateo is a likely two years away). With apologies to Headley and his solid defense, the Yanks need more offensive production and power out of 3rd base. Thus, need some new blood there. Ditto one of the outfield spots as Beltran should be used more as a super-sub and pinch hitter at his age and Judge is likely a year away, though should get some at bats in 2016. Fingers crossed that Ellsbury and Garner can fix their hitting issues next season. A-Rod’s production and quiet mouth was a welcome surprise the first half of the season; but, he faded badly at the end and simply can’t play a full season, even at DH, anymore.

The back-end of the bullpen is what saved the Yanks this year and they were lucky they did not break-down from all of the heavy use. First, the Yanks need a true #1 pitcher. Tanaka should be a #2 and his durability is a major concern. Eovaldi looks to be a workable #3 and Severino has earned a shot at #4 even if the Yanks never hit for him. Let CC, assuming he can overcome his problem, fight with Nova and Pineda for the #5. Warren should be kept as a long-reliever and spot starter as that seems to work for him. Try and keep the Betances and Miller duo working while adding some younger arms to gain experience and slots down the road.

Any other hands in the farm system who may be of help in 2016 beyond those already on the 40 man roster?

So, for 2016

Batting Order

1) Garnder , LF

2) Ellsbury, CF

3) TBD, 3B

4) TBD, RF

5) Teixeria/Rodriguez, DH

6) Bird, 1B

7) Gregorius, SS

8) Ryan, C

9) Refsnyder, 2B

Pitching

1) TBD

2) Tanaka

3) Eovaldi

4) Severino

5) Sabathia/Nova/Pineda

LR) Warren

R) Betances

C) Miller

Reaction Score
Well, that was depressing; but, not expected. Looks like the Yanks hit a wall after the All-Star break between injuries and age. Considering they were picked to finish 3rd or 4th in the AL East a miss the playoffs all together, this season was still somewhat of an accomplishment. Better than the Red Sox, LOL.
The Yankees threw out a donut in their postseason, got boo-ed lustily by their own fans and had their most proven playoff performer bow out on the eve of the playoffs. Yanks were 2 games below .500 after July. Only 2 more years of ARod at $21M per but 5 more years of Ellsbury at that number. Luckily only 12/30 teams qualify for the postseason so you've retained your wonderful sense of humor.

Reaction Score
The Yankees threw out a donut in their postseason, got boo-ed lustily by their own fans and had their most proven playoff performer bow out on the eve of the playoffs. Yanks were 2 games below .500 after July. Only 2 more years of ARod at $21M per but 5 more years of Ellsbury at that number. Luckily only 12/30 teams qualify for the postseason so you've retained your wonderful sense of humor.

Can I safely assume a Red Sox fan here? I can see how one can loose a sense of humor after back-to-back last place finishes. That said, the Red Sox share many of the same challenges that the Yankees face - the lack of a true #1 starter, some bloated contracts for over-paid and under-performing stars under contract (Ramirez $22 million, Ortiz $16 million, Sandoval $17 million, Pedrioa's mounting injuries $12 million [whom I actually like]), and some promising prospects coming-up; but, limited opportunities due to the baggage of these old contracts.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...blo_sandoval_hanley_ramirez_are_the_gold_bust

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We need a new 3rd baseman, right fielder, an ace. If they don't feel Ref can handle it, a new second baseman. ( I think he can) I think between Bird & Tex we are good at first. I like how Didi has played and I don't think McCann is a problem.
I can't believe the mistake they made with Els. He just is injured too much and it will only get worse. All to take our minds off of letting Cano go.

Amazing how little talent $200 million + can buy. I can't blame the Yankees for Tanaka. It wasn't like Els where you could see him falling apart. But our big ticket salaries, A-Rod, Tex, CC. Els, Tanaka; will all operate below expectations

Reaction Score
Can I safely assume a Red Sox fan here? I can see how one can loose a sense of humor after back-to-back last place finishes. That said, the Red Sox share many of the same challenges that the Yankees face - the lack of a true #1 starter, some bloated contracts for over-paid and under-performing stars under contract (Ramirez $22 million, Ortiz $16 million, Sandoval $17 million, Pedrioa's mounting injuries $12 million [whom I actually like]), and some promising prospects coming-up; but, limited opportunities due to the baggage of these old contracts.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...blo_sandoval_hanley_ramirez_are_the_gold_bust
Obviously logging onto a Yankee thread today is trolling, but nonetheless the fact that the Yankees have albatross salaries doesn't help me or Red Sox fans get over the Hanley Ramirez and Sandoval debacles. Ortiz is still hitting and he deserves a Derek Jeter/Kobe Bryant payday into the sunset regardless, so no worries there. You'd think having him around would prevent them from signing fat guys that could end up as DHs, but alas. Ramirez I think they seriously are considering paying 50-75% of his salary and shipping him elsewhere. Sandoval everyone hopes was a fluke and is salvageable (50-50 I guess). No one can explain Rick Porcello except the GM that lost his job over those 3 signings.
On the plus side the young outfield was fantastic the 2nd half and the pitching is showing some promise. Sox fans are generally ok with a 2-3 year build towards a contender.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
some bloated contracts for over-paid and under-performing stars under contract (... Ortiz $16 million, ,,,

Explain how Ortiz was overpaid and underperforming?

Reaction Score

Ortiz like any other player is being paid to play a full season, not a half. Wasn't Ortiz' batting average hovering around .220 before the All-Star break? Yankees have the same problem with Teixeria and Ellsbury (injuried) and A-Roid, except they all had a good first half and horrid second half.

Reaction Score

His numbers ended up great didn't they? But tell me how he wasn't part of the reason they fell behind so badly in the 1st half floating around the Mendoza line with little or no "Pap" in his bat. Maybe the testing stopped who knows and it started for ARod, but the reality is when the boat was sinking first half Papi wasn't there either. And when asked to play 1st base to help the line up he cried. Great teammate.

He did make a run though to help them try to get out of the basement - impressive!

Reaction Score
Obviously logging onto a Yankee thread today is trolling, but nonetheless the fact that the Yankees have albatross salaries doesn't help me or Red Sox fans get over the Hanley Ramirez and Sandoval debacles. Ortiz is still hitting and he deserves a Derek Jeter/Kobe Bryant payday into the sunset regardless, so no worries there. You'd think having him around would prevent them from signing fat guys that could end up as DHs, but alas. Ramirez I think they seriously are considering paying 50-75% of his salary and shipping him elsewhere. Sandoval everyone hopes was a fluke and is salvageable (50-50 I guess). No one can explain Rick Porcello except the GM that lost his job over those 3 signings.
On the plus side the young outfield was fantastic the 2nd half and the pitching is showing some promise. Sox fans are generally ok with a 2-3 year build towards a contender.

Papi - Derek Jeter/Kobe Bryant? Why? You guys are whacked he deserves nothing of the sort he's a DH they are full time players, no comparison sorry Deac. Maybe compare him to Harold Baines, Vlady Guerrero or Bill Walton near the end of his Celts contracts but not Derek or even an inured Kobe.

Reaction Score

Not a Houston fan; but congrats to UConn's own George Spring on advancing into the playoffs.

As for the Yankees, they need to get younger fast and to get players who can get on base and not just hit a HR of strike-out. Behind the plate, I think the McCann experiment, while it looked good on paper, is over. Prefer trade him if possible and go with the younger Murphy behind the plate next year. Use the extra cash to get some pitching. At 1st, almost the same for Teixeria’s whose durability is now a huge liability. At least Bird looks viable there. In the middle, Refsnyder has hope at 2nd; but, I would like to add infield depth that can also hit (see Ryan and Drew). Gregorius improved a lot in the field at SS and at the plate as the season progressed and I hope he can develop further next season (Mateo is a likely two years away). With apologies to Headley and his solid defense, the Yanks need more offensive production and power out of 3rd base. Thus, need some new blood there. Ditto one of the outfield spots as Beltran should be used more as a super-sub and pinch hitter at his age and Judge is likely a year away, though should get some at bats in 2016. Fingers crossed that Ellsbury and Garner can fix their hitting issues next season. A-Rod’s production and quiet mouth was a welcome surprise the first half of the season; but, he faded badly at the end and simply can’t play a full season, even at DH, anymore.

The back-end of the bullpen is what saved the Yanks this year and they were lucky they did not break-down from all of the heavy use. First, the Yanks need a true #1 pitcher. Tanaka should be a #2 and his durability is a major concern. Eovaldi looks to be a workable #3 and Severino has earned a shot at #4 even if the Yanks never hit for him. Let CC, assuming he can overcome his problem, fight with Nova and Pineda for the #5. Warren should be kept as a long-reliever and spot starter as that seems to work for him. Try and keep the Betances and Miller duo working while adding some younger arms to gain experience and slots down the road.

Any other hands in the farm system who may be of help in 2016 beyond those already on the 40 man roster?

So, for 2016

Batting Order

1) Garnder , LF

2) Ellsbury, CF

3) TBD, 3B

4) TBD, RF

5) Teixeria/Rodriguez, DH

6) Bird, 1B

7) Gregorius, SS

8) Ryan, C

9) Refsnyder, 2B

Pitching

1) TBD

2) Tanaka

3) Eovaldi

4) Severino

5) Sabathia/Nova/Pineda

LR) Warren

R) Betances

C) Miller
Here is the perfect solution. Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval for Chase Headley and Jacoby Ellsbury. At least it would be a new look. Pablo could "anchor" the infield and Hanley could DH. Between them they could hit 50 hrs.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom