The non-pass interference in the 4th quarter | The Boneyard

The non-pass interference in the 4th quarter

Reaction Score
How that wasn't called and then Mora gets a 15-yard penalty for asking as we know he doesn't usually complain. Not that would have changed the outcome but it hurt big time.
Screenshot_20221219-215322.png

Seems a lot of the Marshall fans agree, for what it's worth. Oh well. Time to get excited about the positives and excited for next year. I'll be out of the country for the entire season, sadly, then moving out of state when I get back. Glad I got to see a bit of a revival beforehand.

Reaction Score
I sat in front of a bunch of Marshall fans. They were saying they can't remember a game where they got all the calls like this before..
Lucky you. A couple of the ones behind us were squealing like pigs in the first half.........but rather quiet most of the second!

Reaction Score
I had a family of 6 in green to the right of me, but I was lucky. They were very friendly early (i guess didn't want to rub it in) but were virtually silent the third and good portion of the fourth...:)

Reaction Score
I hardly watch a game where there are not potential PI's not called. You almost have to be flagrantly into the receiver's body with your back to the ball to get the call.

There is often arm fighting from both the receiver and the defender in trying to position themselves.

The defender reaching in, the receiver pushing off.

Because of this. the calls and non calls can seem to be arbitrary.

Reaction Score
We could see Mora - it must have been what he said because Hurley is worse than that on every non-call. And it was justified. That was a terrible call.
It wasn't what he said. The refs called him for going past the 15 yard line. In the post game presser Mora described what happened and said he had never seen that called in his entire career and that he thought it was idiotic.

Reaction Score
I dream of a day when games are played w/o refs- no way they’re not influenced by things that have nothing to do w/the game.
Might happen someday. There are some nifty AI algorithms and camera setups already being tested. Not sure though if it’s applicable to all sports.

Reaction Score
Probably due to my lack of knowledge regarding the rules but can someone educate me on the 4th Marshall Touchdown. The WR looked like he engaged in blocking the Uconn Defensive player before the ball was thrown. It also looked a few yards past the line of scrimmage. I thought it was an awful no call but maybe there must be something I am missing.

Reaction Score
With the college rules, the PI was a smart move by the defender. It looked even smarter when UConn didn't even get the 15 yards they deserved.

Reaction Score
How that wasn't called and then Mora gets a 15-yard penalty for asking as we know he doesn't usually complain. Not that would have changed the outcome but it hurt big time.
Sitting amongst UConn fans on the 40 yard line, most would have been hard pressed to believe a possible catch and even TD would not have further changed momentum. Just with a penalty call, plenty of time remained on the clock. IMHO, the game outcome was in doubt at that point. Momentum had swung massively. Oh well, progress. Onward and upward, go Huskies. Beat #*@# Duke! (9/2/23)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Sitting amongst UConn fans on the 40 yard line, most would have been hard pressed to believe a possible catch and even TD would not have further changed momentum. Just with a penalty call, plenty of time remained on the clock. IMHO, the game outcome was in doubt at that point. Momentum had swung massively. Oh well, progress. Onward and upward, go Huskies. Beat #*@# Duke! (9/2/23)
I only said that because I don't want to seem like a homer. But I definitely saw that play is changing momentum and thought you can would at the very least tie the game up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom