The Next Says Nika Will Debut on Wednesday Night Against Indy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Next Says Nika Will Debut on Wednesday Night Against Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After the loud ovation, Nika immediately got Seattle a possession by saving a ball from going out of bounds. The crowd loved it. Nika later on missed an open 3-pointer. She grabbed 2 rebounds, 1 on the offensive end. I don't think she was matched up against Caitlin. I expect she will get more PT soon.

Interestingly, Sami Whitcomb played PG during crunch time. Skylar, who shot 1-10 for the game, was glued to the bench. Jewell started the game very hot, but cooled off as the designated shooter in the last 5 minutes or so. She also missed 2 FTs that would have given Seattle a comfortable lead.

Reaction Score
Yes….visa approved

Attachments

• IMG_2921.jpeg
    IMG_2921.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 40

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
After the loud ovation, Nika immediately got Seattle a possession by saving a ball from going out of bounds. The crowd loved it. Nika later on missed an open 3-pointer. She grabbed 2 rebounds, 1 on the offensive end. I don't think she was matched up against Caitlin. I expect she will get more PT soon.

Interestingly, Sami Whitcomb played PG during crunch time. Skylar, who shot 1-10 for the game, was glued to the bench. Jewell started the game very hot, but cooled off as the designated shooter in the last 5 minutes or so. She also missed 2 FTs that would have given Seattle a comfortable lead.
I recall CC burned her a couple times, once on a late closeout to the three and once on a drive. Nika looked pretty good out there though, doing the Nika stuff we've grown to appreciate over the years.

This compelling Croation kid who for a couple years looked she might end up being squeezed out of any significant playing time at UConn, is now in the W, living her dream. Just an awsome story of perseverence, chance and a ton of hard work.

I'll bet many of those standing and applauding her have no real understanding of her journey to get to that moment. So happy for Nika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom