The Next Says Nika Will Debut on Wednesday Night Against Indy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Next Says Nika Will Debut on Wednesday Night Against Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am hoping that she gets some decent minutes out there. Nika brings so much to a team that gets overlooked. Her hustle. That team first attitude. That defensive drive which sets the tone for the team. Not everyone gets or understands those little things that help a team. Star power is nice but sometimes, you need those gritty players as well. Good luck, Nika!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm always in at least a mild state of confusion but this really has me baffled. Why did Nika have to go to Canada to get a Visa to work in the U.S.? On the surface this sounds ridiculous. Is it because Canada is the closest foreign country where one could apply for such a visa?

I'm sure there's a Croatian embassy in the U.S. Were they involved? Were they any help? If not, why not?

The link that Nan posted said the Nika had to go to Canada to "reclaim" her passport. What was her Croatian passport doing in Canada? How did she even get into Canada if she didn't have her passport.

Can anyone clear this up?
My understanding from something I read was, a person has to "come into the US on an "X" visa" in order to use it. In order to "come into the US", one has to be outside the US. Canada was closest for "coming from".

IDK, kinda like if you have tickets to two back to back shows, after the 1st show, they make you go out and come back in with the 2nd (different) ticket????

Reaction Score
The Croatian consulate for Washington residents is in Los Angeles. If she’s still considered a Connecticut resident it’s in DC. Why Canada? Anyone understand this?
I believe it's NY for those in CT. Or at least it was.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I believe it's NY for those in CT. Or at least it was.
Nika is in Seattle. She went to the US Consulate in Vancouver, an hour away, to get her passport back, I assume from the trip to Canada that UConn made this season.

From The Next article I linked on page 1 of this thread:

But her P1 approval, though it came Friday from the United States, required a status change as well, according to the source familiar. That led to a Mühl trip to Canada just to get a status change approved, too. Coincidentally, Monday is Victoria Day in Canada, meaning the earliest that could get approved was Tuesday.

The plan is now for Mühl to get approval Tuesday, get her passport back, return to Seattle Tuesday night and be active Wednesday

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
General Consul Jim DeHart got his masters at Big East member Georgetown :)

F6332130-80C2-4C40-A1D2-8A78045A9501.jpeg

Reaction Score
Looks they went to a lot of trouble to get her a visa for no reason. 15 minutes to go and she hasn't been in.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Gee thanks Seattle for that whopping 2 minutes and 39 seconds of Nika! Interestingly the last time Nika played a Clark team Iowa won by 2 points. Tonight Nika's team won by 2 points. Maybe it could have been more if they let Nika guard Clark more. She did a pretty good job on her in the final four. (No, that is not a serious remark).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom