The Next Head Coach | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Next Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If TJ is NOT the guy at the end of this season... I really think there should be more talk about Scott Frost from Oregon. Clearly our Offense has been the issue for years, and especially under FHCPP. Why not look at a strong, younger OC? Oregon has had an insane offense over the past few years. Exactly what we need here at UConn.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=3661251[/quote]

If he leaves Oregon - he's taking the Nebraska job when Bo goes pop.

Reaction Score

Oh crap.. didn't realize there's what seems to be an actual block on rivals links... Well, basically the list of coaches currently are as follows:

Eric Mangini
Pat Narduzzi
Chad Morris
Rob Ambrose
Mario Cristobal
Turner Gill
TJ Weist
Bob Diaco
Pete Lembo

Out of this list, for wat we need, the guys I like best are (not in order of fav): Narduzzi, Morris (pipe dream), Ambrose, Weist, Lembo (excluded Diaco because of he's considered a hot head)

Reaction Score
Not a dig at you KTuck.......just my take on each of these guys.....

Eric Mangini - Laugh out loud funny
Pat Narduzzi - Is very possible
Chad Morris - Pipedream
Rob Ambrose - Is very possible
Mario Cristobal - Not sure
Turner Gill - WM will not hire him twice
TJ Weist - A longshot
Bob Diaco - Very boring. Personally I'm not interested in him or Narduzzi.
Pete Lembo - Is probably on Warde's list.

The 2 guys I'm most interested in are not even on this list. Herman, the OC at Ohio St. and Campbell, the HC at Toledo.

Reaction Score
Is this list an old review cut and past from somewhere else because review mentions how they would or wouldn't fit at BC?

Reaction Score
Just sharing - some names come up time and time again.

10 college football coordinators that are making it happen:
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=10-college-football-coordinators-that-are-making-it-happen

Randy Clements (Baylor offensive line / run game coordinator)
Tom Herman (Ohio State offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach)
Mike Bobo (Georgia offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach)
Cam Cameron (LSU offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach)
Mike Elko (Bowling Green defensive coordinator)
Scott Frost (Oregon offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach)
Noel Mazzone (UCLA offensive coordinator)
Barry Odom (Memphis defensive coordinator / safeties coach)
Rich Skrosky (Ball State offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach)
Dave Steckel (Missouri defensive coordinator / linebackers / associate head coach)

*** One could easily include Missouri offensive coordinator Josh Henson on this list as well.

*** Others to note, for sure (some of the more obvious): Kirby Smart, Pat Narduzzi, Justin Wilcox, Chad Morris

**** One we overlooked when this article was first posted: Texas Tech defensive coordinator Matt Wallerstedt

Reaction Score
Names, names, names....

For sure there are other wildcards out there but beginning to see a trend :rolleyes:

12 assistants I expect to become head coaches...soon
http://www.footballscoop.com/news/11058-assistants-i-expect-to-become-head-coaches-soon

Kirby Smart (Defensive Coordinator - Alabama)
Doug Nussmeier (Offensive Coordinator - Alabama)
Scott Frost (Offensive Coordinator - Oregon)
Chad Morris (Offensive Coordinator - Clemson)
Tom Herman (Offensive Coordinator - Ohio State)
Derek Mason (Defensive Coordinator - Stanford)
Cam Cameron (Offensive Coordinator - LSU)
Justin Wilcox (Defensive Coordinator - Washington)
D.J. Durkin (Defensive Coordinator - Florida)
Bob Diaco (Defensive Coordinator - Notre Dame)
Chuck Martin (Offensive Coordinator - Notre Dame)
Pat Narduzzi (Defensive Coordinator - Michigan State)

One final note, we could go on and on about John Chavis, Mark Snyder, Bob Shoop and Clancy Pendergast as well. Each of these defensive coordinators is a great coach who do nothing but produce on the field and will continue to see nothing but success. They might not get the big mention in job searches; but sometimes the guys who keep their heads down and just work are the ones who wind up getting the best opportunities<<

Reaction Score
Names, names, names....

For sure there are other wildcards out there but beginning to see a trend :rolleyes:

12 assistants I expect to become head coaches...soon
http://www.footballscoop.com/news/11058-assistants-i-expect-to-become-head-coaches-soon

Kirby Smart (Defensive Coordinator - Alabama)
Doug Nussmeier (Offensive Coordinator - Alabama)
Scott Frost (Offensive Coordinator - Oregon)
Chad Morris (Offensive Coordinator - Clemson)
Tom Herman (Offensive Coordinator - Ohio State)
Derek Mason (Defensive Coordinator - Stanford)
Cam Cameron (Offensive Coordinator - LSU)
Justin Wilcox (Defensive Coordinator - Washington)
D.J. Durkin (Defensive Coordinator - Florida)
Bob Diaco (Defensive Coordinator - Notre Dame)
Chuck Martin (Offensive Coordinator - Notre Dame)
Pat Narduzzi (Defensive Coordinator - Michigan State)

One final note, we could go on and on about John Chavis, Mark Snyder, Bob Shoop and Clancy Pendergast as well. Each of these defensive coordinators is a great coach who do nothing but produce on the field and will continue to see nothing but success. They might not get the big mention in job searches; but sometimes the guys who keep their heads down and just work are the ones who wind up getting the best opportunities<<
Medic it's funny how Venables isn't on this list...by turning down the jobs or taking himself out of the hiring process for jobs like he has done in the past it seems as though he has become that guy who missed his window of opportunity and isn't on the "it" list anymore.

Reaction Score
Medic it's funny how Venables isn't on this list...by turning down the jobs or taking himself out of the hiring process for jobs like he has done in the past it seems as though he has become that guy who missed his window of opportunity and isn't on the "it" list anymore.

I put him in the wildcard category - it has to be the right fit. Same w/ Smart - easy to put him on a list - but he ain't going anywhere right now w/ the way Bama treats him.

Reaction Score
We should start a rumor that Condoleeza Rice is on Warde's short list.

Reaction Score
I put him in the wildcard category - it has to be the right fit. Same w/ Smart - easy to put him on a list - but he ain't going anywhere right now w/ the way Bama treats him.

I will say this every time Kirby Smart's name is mentioned.......give any coordinator the talent that Bama has on defense......George DeLeone could coach that defense to a top 10 ranking. Littered with future NFL picks.

Reaction Score
I will say this every time Kirby Smart's name is mentioned.......give any coordinator the talent that Bama has on defense......George DeLeone could coach that defense to a top 10 ranking. Littered with future NFL picks.

No argument from me - but a lot of these "name-brand/household name" coaches get their rep the same way - right? They are able to manage talented players.

Reaction Score
No argument from me - but a lot of these "name-brand/household name" coaches get their rep the same way - right? They are able to manage talented players.

Yeah. But for every Nick Saban......there are 3 or 4 Steve Kragthorpes.

Reaction Score
Anyone have any new thoughts to add with this convo two weeks later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom