The New York Giants trade Eli!!!! (Link) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The New York Giants trade Eli!!!! (Link)

Reaction Score
64 players drafted between 2008 and 2016 and only 4 left lol (Beckham, Collins, Shepard and Goodson)

Reaction Score
tbh I don't mind the trade. Sure, you want more value than a 5th, but this is better than holding on to him and getting nothing as you go 3-13

Reaction Score
I don't get how Cooper is dealt for a 1st (remember he's only cheap the remainder of this season) and Snacks goes for a 5th.

The difference in on-field production is world's apart.

I get the Giants are unloading players and cap space for picks, but goodness for a 4th, 5th and 7th for Apple/Snacks?

Snacks for a 5th that's BS Lions have to be the happiest people on earth. He's 2-3 guy if offering to the right team and having patience, more crappy management.

Reaction Score
Snacks for a 5th that's BS Lions have to be the happiest people on earth. He's 2-3 guy if offering to the right team and having patience, more crappy management.
I mean, if there was a 2nd it 3rd rounder available I'm sure the Giants would have taken it. It's not like they turned down those offers for a 5th rounder. Snacks is one-dimensional (very great in that area though), 30 and has a huge contract. Getting a draft pick for a guy that probably wasn't going to be on the team next year is a good move.

Reaction Score
I mean, if there was a 2nd it 3rd rounder available I'm sure the Giants would have taken it. It's not like they turned down those offers for a 5th rounder. Snacks is one-dimensional (very great in that area though), 30 and has a huge contract. Getting a draft pick for a guy that probably wasn't going to be on the team next year is a good move.

Questionable locker room guy and is having knee issues. Best to unload now though I wish it was for a 3rd or 4th.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well I knew it wasn't Manning before opening it because nobody would take him with the salary he has.

Let's be honest, the only team in the league that would start Eli Manning over their current QB is the Bills. Even if his salary was zero.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't get how Cooper is dealt for a 1st (remember he's only cheap the remainder of this season) and Snacks goes for a 5th.

The difference in on-field production is world's apart.

I get the Giants are unloading players and cap space for picks, but goodness for a 4th, 5th and 7th for Apple/Snacks?

Cooper going for a first was highway robbery by Oakland. Jones is such a moron. A third rounder should have been the ceiling for him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cooper going for a first was highway robbery by Oakland. Jones is such a moron. A third rounder should have been the ceiling for him.

I love watching Jerry flounder. He's like old man Al Davis. Waaaay past it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
64 players drafted between 2008 and 2016 and only 4 left lol (Beckham, Collins, Shepard and Goodson)

That's pretty rough, but I would point out that a couple of those drafts had some of the worst classes ever in general.

Reaction Score
The Giants are really selling low here. Kinda dumb if you ask me. There's no need.
Makes sense tbh. Giants have younger talent on the DL and Snacks likely wouldn't be on the roster next year (cap casualty). Move him now for a draft pick - 5th rounder was likely the best they could do.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Makes sense tbh. Giants have younger talent on the DL and Snacks likely wouldn't be on the roster next year (cap casualty). Move him now for a draft pick - 5th rounder was likely the best they could do.

Ah, didn't realize the cap casualty bit. Makes sense. Does lower his trade value to be sure.

And getting an asset is the right move when you are struggling to win a game.

Honestly, they might as well tank.

Reaction Score
Not going down without a fight, but this is how I'd end up

This is what Nathan Carman is doing when he is not in court trying to get his grandfathers money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom