The new Vandy coach will be...[merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The new Vandy coach will be...[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 3h3 hours ago
Source says Vanderbilt holding a press conference Saturday to introduce new WBB coach; contract being worked out; no word on who it will be.
For the record there are worse assignments than stalking Niele Ivey and/or Courtney Banghart until Saturday. I meant stalking in the non-leering, non-criminal sense of the word so relax people!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
For the record there are worse assignments than stalking Niele Ivey and/or Courtney Banghart until Saturday. I meant stalking in the non-leering, non-criminal sense of the word so relax people!

Imagine if Shea had also interviewed for this position....

On that note, Vandy Forums seem to think this is Niele now (but a few initially thought it was Beth Cunningham when an ND assistant coach was first mentioned (perhaps due to her days as HC at VCU). That said, we'll see what transpires.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Shea had also interviewed for this position....

On that note, Vandy Forums seem to think this is Niele now (but a few initially thought it was Beth Cunningham when an ND assistant coach was first mentioned (perhaps due to her days as HC at VCU). That said, we'll see what transpires.

Volnation had that Niele Ivey was introduced to the team as their new Head Coach.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If so, good for her. And good for WBB. And possibly good for UConn as it recruits Ms. Walker. Possibly, that is.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Duke has a really nice campus as well. Michigan/Ann Arbor is one of my favorite college towns simply for the fact of how the campus blends into the city and how crazy Ann Arbor is about about Michigan. Ann Arbor is what a college town is supposed to be.

Boulder is by far one of the nicest college towns I've ever been to. Never been to Stanford or Palo Alto but I imagine it's beautiful as well. Pepperdine/Malibu too.

I've been to both of these campuses. Stanford is Stanford. A beautiful campus whose grounds and building are well maintained. A blend of older and newer buildings and facilitates highlight Stanford's skyline.
Some interesting notes about Stanford University (founded in founded in 1885 by Leland Stanford, former Governor of and U.S. Senator from California). Stanford faculty and alumni have founded many companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Nike, Sun Microsystems, Instagram, Snapchat, and Yahoo.

Companies founded by Stanford alumni generate more than $2.7 trillion in annual revenue, equivalent to the 10th-largest economy in the world. It is the alma mater of 30 living billionaires, 17 astronauts, and 20 Turing Award laureates. It is also one of the leading producers of members of the United States Congress. Sixty Nobel laureates and seven Fields Medalists have been affiliated with Stanford as students, alumni, faculty or staff.

Pepperdine is built on the side of a hill in right on the ocean in Malibu, Calif. A very beautiful campus. If you like water and the beach, this is the place for you. Malibu is an upscale little beach city, where many famous actors and celebrities have million dollar homes that set right on the beach.

You can see the ocean from just about anywhere on Pepperdine's campus. If I had it to do over again, I'd have no problem going to either one of these universities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been to both of these campuses. Stanford is Stanford. A beautiful campus whose grounds and building are well maintained. A blend of older and newer buildings and facilitates highlight Stanford's skyline.
Some interesting notes about Stanford University (founded in founded in 1885 by Leland Stanford, former Governor of and U.S. Senator from California). Stanford faculty and alumni have founded many companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Nike, Sun Microsystems, Instagram, Snapchat, and Yahoo.

Companies founded by Stanford alumni generate more than $2.7 trillion in annual revenue, equivalent to the 10th-largest economy

You can see the ocean from just about anywhere on Pepperdine's campus. If I had it to do over again, I'd have no problem going to either one of these universities.

With my high school grades, Stanford would have a Big problem with me attending their fine institution!!!!!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Just saw the tennessean article that it's down to three candidates. At this point, how do they decide - which one they can negotiate with for a contract? Somewhat wish that they wouldn't say anything until the person is signed.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Finally, some real reporting on this: Vanderbilt women's coach search narrowed to three finalists

Apparently it will be Ivey, Banghart, or Stephanie White. I honestly think the most exciting of the three is White. She is doing a tremendous job with the Fever.

Personally, I'm rooting for Banghart. That keeps White on commentary during the college season and Ivey on ND's sideline!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Wow! Steph White!! That surprises me a bit.

Anyone one of those would be a good choice. Didn't realize Vandy was a highly touted job!!!

The SEC is a good conference and Vanderbilt has a solid tradition. Those two factors make a decent place to start.

Reaction Score
Finally, some real reporting on this: Vanderbilt women's coach search narrowed to three finalists

Apparently it will be Ivey, Banghart, or Stephanie White. I honestly think the most exciting of the three is White. She is doing a tremendous job with the Fever.

Personally, I'm rooting for Banghart. That keeps White on commentary during the college season and Ivey on ND's sideline!

Bad for the WNBA if White gets the job.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
White would be an outstanding choice. The Fever have a game tonight, btw.

Regardless of where White's coaching I'd like to see USA BB pursue her.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am surprised White is considering going to a college program. I agree she is a good coach. The Fever looks like a better job. Unless she just wants a change or is having problems with management there.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I am surprised White is considering going to a college program. I agree she is a good coach. The Fever looks like a better job. Unless she just wants a change or is having problems with management there.

Not surprised at all. White had expressed an interest in going to the college game, but she wanted to go to a school with high academic standards where the academics could be used to lure top athletes. Actually, she told people that had the Duke job come open, that would have been her #1 choice.

Reaction Score

I don't know anything about coaches salaries in the WNBA, but since the players don't make
much I'm guessing that the coaches don't either. The salary at a good P5 program like Vandy
might be much better than what she's earning now with the Fever.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't know anything about coaches salaries in the WNBA, but since the players don't make
much I'm guessing that the coaches don't either. The salary at a good P5 program like Vandy
That maybe true.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. White had expressed an interest in going to the college game, but she wanted to go to a school with high academic standards where the academics could be used to lure top athletes. Actually, she told people that had the Duke job come open, that would have been her #1 choice.

Too bad for Duke. Vanderbilt has had a rough couple of years. I don't know all of what happened. They needed some one new to take over. We will find out who soon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

jTYvp7h.gif

Lets hope she still feels the same way in 2019. #keephopealive

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

OTOH, White also gets paid well for her TV work, so the Vandy job might require a little pay cut. My WAG for the Vandy position: max. of $.8M for 5 years.

Reaction Score
Wow! Steph White!! That surprises me a bit.

Anyone one of those would be a good choice. Didn't realize Vandy was a highly touted job!!!

Yo

You don't win without great recruits so Ivey would definitely be my choice since she is a great recruiter.

Reaction Score
OTOH, White also gets paid well for her TV work, so the Vandy job might require a little pay cut. My WAG for the Vandy position: max. of $.8M for 5 years.
White's job with the Fever has been very impressive. She certainly proved to this WCBB fan that getting the most out of the pieces she's given, isn't something lost on her. If she continues to work her magic, she'll be able to choose her landing spot. While her head coaching resume may be short, it's been an outstanding beginning. If I were the Kingmaker, she'd be my Queen.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All things being equal I'd rank them White, Banghart and Ivey. Of course, all things are never equal so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Solid choices.

Reaction Score
All things being equal I'd rank them White, Banghart and Ivey. Of course, all things are never equal so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Solid choices.
I agree with your ranking and I don't even believe it's close.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Are we putting aside Aditem above:
That it's Ivey?

Reaction Score
Raoul‏@Raoul_000
Statement from Stephanie White & Indiana Fever regarding report of Vandy coaching finalists http://fever.wnba.com/news/stephanie-white-fever-issue-statement-indiana-coaching-position/…

Ci70aK9WsAAR6QG.jpg

3:52 PM - 20 May 2016
0 retweets0 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members