The ND game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The ND game

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not a sit on the bench next to Geno official assistant, but I do believe she worked with the team while she was finishing up her degree. I can't imagine DT being on campus, doing that, and not attending a game. Also, as Nan pointed out she had plenty of opportunities during her pro career.

Geno did insist that DT, and everyone else, get their degrees before taking part in any UConn media event. Graduating is important at UConn. Should be a recruiting tool with parents.
I believe that you are thinking of Svetlana Abrosimova, she was on the bench while finishing her degree at UConn during the 2001-2002 season, if I remember correctly.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I believe that you are thinking of Svetlana Abrosimova, she was on the bench while finishing her degree at UConn during the 2001-2002 season, if I remember correctly.
Correctamundo. Here's a pic I took of her on the bench that year. She gave me a really big smile...just after I took the picture. Story of my life as a photographer. :p
svetskirt_60.jpg

Reaction Score
For UConn fans, I'm glad to see former greats are returning to cheer on the Huskies.

For this Irish fan and UConn admirer/observer, I'm happy to see Sonia Citron and Maddy Westbeld joining Hannah Hidalgo back on the court for the Irish. Citron, of course, missed nearly two months, and will hopefully ramp up by end of January to keep DT, Stewie, et al. interested for a whole game...
All are great players but there’s something special about Sonia. I cant recall seeing another standout player with such a cool, calm, quiet air of confidence. What a rock to have back in the line-up.

Reaction Score
Hmmm, you are probably right. I was (still am) a huge Svet fan, but I have only the foggiest recollection of that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If UConn s defense continues to put opponents under duress those opponents have a very small chance to win

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
For UConn fans, I'm glad to see former greats are returning to cheer on the Huskies.

For this Irish fan and UConn admirer/observer, I'm happy to see Sonia Citron and Maddy Westbeld joining Hannah Hidalgo back on the court for the Irish. Citron, of course, missed nearly two months, and will hopefully ramp up by end of January to keep DT, Stewie, et al. interested for a whole game...
Two of my all-time favorite ND players. Madison (?) Cable is another. Also big sister Kat (sp?).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Two of my all-time favorite ND players. Madison (?) Cable is another. Also big sister Kat (sp?).
Correct on both counts, Gus! :)
Maddie, once she got over her early career ankle issues, was like a pre-cursor to Citron in making the small forward position more a guard-oriented wing.

And Kat is revered for being the glue and --- little known fact, here -- captain of that NC team in 2018. With all the alphas and overall WNBA talent on that team, she set the tone and called shots in the huddles. She's still playing professionally, btw, in Puerto Rico and Europe.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Maddie, once she got over her early career ankle issues, was like a pre-cursor to Citron in making the small forward position more a guard-oriented wing.

And Kat is revered for being the glue and --- little known fact, here -- captain of that NC team in 2018. With all the alphas and overall WNBA talent on that team, she set the tone and called shots in the huddles. She's still playing professionally, btw, in Puerto Rico and Europe.
Good for Kat.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Kind of like what Nika does for UConn over the last 3 seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom