OT: - The Masters | The Boneyard

OT: The Masters

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Feels like we just watched this, but it's back again. Who ya got? Who ya like?

I feel like the winner is going to be a good player, but not one of the top tier guys. I already have a few futures bets up: Rahm, JT, Finau, Berger, Webb, and Harris English.

Rory is not himself lately, and hasn't been since the restart. Rahm literally just had a child so I'm not really liking his chances. Bryson leads the tour in the 2 most important stats at Augusta - driving distance and strokes gained total - but he barely made the cut last time around and I don't feel like his game is suited for the course. DJ won it last time, but I don't foresee a back-to-back. Brooks is hurt, he probably won't play. Spieth is working his way back to being relevant, but he's haunted here and just won today in Texas...don't see him putting on the jacket. Of all the studs, JT stands out the most by far IMO.

Would love to see someone like Berger, Webb, or Finau ship it this year. I could also see someone like Xander, Morikawa, or Cantlay taking it down. Niemann, Ancer, or Hovalnd?

Reaction Score
I'm going to go with a few long shots who played well at the 2020 Masters

Corey Conners
Dylan Frittelli

and some not so long shots who played well in 2020

Sungjae Im
Cameron Smith

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm going to go with a few long shots who played well at the 2020 Masters

Corey Conners
Dylan Frittelli

and some not so long shots who played well in 2020

Sungjae Im
Cameron Smith
Love Conners and Frittelli. They certainly will be long shots, but Conners is playing so well this year. And Frittelli is 8th in the field in driving distance. Since the course will be playing so differently than it did last time, I’m looking not to take Im or Smith.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The suckers will Jump all over Spieth.

I'm not sure they're wrong.

I've been way down on Spieth last two years because he's had the dreaded two way miss.

He's had several leads going in to last round in last 3-4 months and sucked on Sunday. Today he closed the door and won.

I would be all over Spieth for a top 10 at Augusta.

Cam Smith is such a sucker bet right now. He chokes on Saturday when in contention and the comes back Sunday for backdoor top 5 or Top 10.

DJ is still a legit pick.

I would bet all over Scot Scheffler because he is a money making machine bit he has to learn Augusta.

I'll split my bet this week. JT or John Rahm.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was hoping Charlie Hoffman was in the field. He’s hot right now. Would have had him in a few lineups, maybe a top 20.

Reaction Score
Rahm’s wife gave birth today, she was due next weekend and he said he’s leave at a moments notice, so I presume he will be there but we’ll see how mentally engaged he is.

Don’t throw your money away on Finau, the guy is a fluffer. You really think the Masters is the first time he closes something out? Top 10, sure, made a killing on his Top 10s over the last 2 years, but don’t take him to win, and especially not at his current prices.

DJ, JT, Cantlay, Speith all strong choices. Bold I know. But look at the history, this isn’t the tournament where randoms are winnings very often.

Victor Perez to top 20 is a good bet.

Hideki top 10.

Very interested to see what Lee Westwood has left in the tank.

co sign smoking Scottie as well

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The suckers will Jump all over Spieth.

I'm not sure they're wrong.

I've been way down on Spieth last two years because he's had the dreaded two way miss.

He's had several leads going in to last round in last 3-4 months and sucked on Sunday. Today he closed the door and won.

I would be all over Spieth for a top 10 at Augusta.

Cam Smith is such a sucker bet right now. He chokes on Saturday when in contention and the comes back Sunday for backdoor top 5 or Top 10.

DJ is still a legit pick.

I would bet all over Scot Scheffler because he is a money making machine bit he has to learn Augusta.

I'll split my bet this week. JT or John Rahm.
The fish have been taking Jordan, Tiger, and Phil for years at Augusta. I still can’t believe Tiger won 2 years ago. He was so far out of his prime, and Finau and Molinari completely choked. Those 3 are always under priced in the betting market. Never take them. Even if they win, you’re not getting the price for it to be a good bet.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Dumb money has been taking Jordan, Tiger, and Phil for years at Augusta. I still can’t believe Tiger won 2 years ago. He was so far out of his prime, and Finau and Molinari completely choked. Those 3 are always under priced in the betting market. Never take them. Even if they win, you’re not getting the price for it to be a good bet.
i had tiger, here, that time. even posted a picture of a giant tiger with some beer kegs. this time, well this pic should do it:
568670.f56.2c622S7ay1Cm2MjUAAA-650x650-b-p.jpg

i mean, 'late' is literally what jordan's last name means. truth is stranger than fiction.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I usually have a favorite in mind - this time around I don't. Would be surprised if Rahm can be focused enough. Hard to win in back to back weeks and Spieth had to spend a lot focus to win this week. Rory hasn't been very good on the weekend this season. Bryson seems a pretty easy pick - his short game and putting have impressed me this year.

But I'll go with Morikawa.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rahm’s wife gave birth today, she was due next weekend and he said he’s leave at a moments notice, so I presume he will be there but we’ll see how mentally engaged he is.

Don’t throw your money away on Finau, the guy is a fluffer. You really think the Masters is the first time he closes something out? Top 10, sure, made a killing on his Top 10s over the last 2 years, but don’t take him to win, and especially not at his current prices.

DJ, JT, Cantlay, Speith all strong choices. Bold I know. But look at the history, this isn’t the tournament where randoms are winnings very often.

Hideki top 10.

From what I know Rahm's wife and baby are doing well and Rahm is in a good place of mind.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I usually have a favorite in mind - this time around I don't. Would be surprised if Rahm can be focused enough. Hard to win in back to back weeks and Spieth had to spend a lot focus to win this week. Rory hasn't been very good on the weekend this season. Bryson seems a pretty easy pick - his short game and putting have impressed me this year.

But I'll go with Morikawa.

Last year I was all over Morikawa. Pimples him going in to Traveler's and he missed his first cut ever.

He recovered by winning PGA. He's a stud. Three months ago aI would have invested in Scott Scheffler but he's did money now.

I like the Latin and Mexican players right now - Ortiz, Ancer, etc are doing well.

Reaction Score

I feel like the winner is going to be a good player, but not one of the top tier guys. I already have a few futures bets up: Rahm, JT, Finau, Berger, Webb, and Harris English.

Rory is not himself lately, and hasn't been since the restart. Rahm literally just had a child so I'm not really liking his chances. Bryson leads the tour in the 2 most important stats at Augusta - driving distance and strokes gained total - but he barely made the cut last time around and I don't feel like his game is suited for the course. DJ won it last time, but I don't foresee a back-to-back. Brooks is hurt, he probably won't play. Spieth is working his way back to being relevant, but he's haunted here and just won today in Texas...don't see him putting on the jacket. Of all the studs, JT stands out the most by far IMO.

Would love to see someone like Berger, Webb, or Finau ship it this year. I could also see someone like Xander, Morikawa, or Cantlay taking it down. Niemann, Ancer, or Hovalnd?
You say not one of the top tier guys and then your first two bets are on World #2 and #3. So who do you consider top tier?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Going to be different than it was in the fall. Have to start looking into who is a likely challenger from outside the usual names.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You say not one of the top tier guys and then your first two bets are on World #2 and #3. So who do you consider top tier?
What about my other bets? Perhaps I think those guys are more likey to win. I usually take a few guys, some faves and some longish shots. I think this year could be a year where a lower ranked guy wins. I just happen to have some of both. Plus I liked the prices on Rahm and JT. I thought they should be the favorites but they weren’t. Value.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Hideki top 10.

Westworld showed twice in the last month why is no good.

Forget tourney name but he ties with Bryson on back nine. Off the tee Brysoj goes deep rough on a par dice and Westwood splits fairway. Bryson hits out to a foot within water hazard and is indep kimchi for his third shot. Westwood is middle of fairway with 210-220. He flails a long iron 20 yards short of green and doesn't get his up and down. Par five. Bryson scrambles for a par and wins on last hole.

Same thing at TPC on #16. Westwood on position to win and flails a mid to long iron on 16 in to trees short left. No reason he couldn't find the green.

Westwood is a great bet to make top 10 bit you have to be a full on idiot to put money on Lee to win.

Reaction Score
Schauffele/JT/DJ

Concerned about Rahm's putting at Augusta. Tee to green is solid.

Dark horse/long shot-Tommy Fleetwood.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fish have been taking Jordan, Tiger, and Phil for years at Augusta. I still can’t believe Tiger won 2 years ago. He was so far out of his prime, and Finau and Molinari completely choked. Those 3 are always under priced in the betting market. Never take them. Even if they win, you’re not getting the price for it to be a good bet.
Speaking of Tiger....what's the latest news on his recovery, if any?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Last year I was all over Morikawa. Pimples him going in to Traveler's and he missed his first cut ever.

He recovered by winning PGA. He's a stud. Three months ago aI would have invested in Scott Scheffler but he's did money now.

I like the Latin and Mexican players right now - Ortiz, Ancer, etc are doing well.
I can see Ancer pulling a Mike Weir. Ancer was solid for me last year in the tourney pools I entered.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Niemann and Muñoz too. Niemann is top 15 in the 2 most correlated stats for best finishes at Augusta - driving distance snd strokes gained total.

Reaction Score
DJ is always a good bet anywhere. Now that he has figured out Augusta, he should be right there.

Thomas and Spieth have the iron game for the Masters and Thomas won the PGA.

Ancer always seems to play well but never wins. Captain America has the grit. How is Koeaka's health.

Long shot, long, long shot. DeChambeau. Much better putter than he is given credit for.

Reaction Score

“I feel like it will be a good player but not one of the top tier guys”

places bets on the #2, 3, 9, 13, and 15 ranked players in the world. Then lists # 4, 6, 10, and 14 as also potential winners.

Way to go out on a limb there listing 9 of the top 15 ranked players as likely winners.

Reaction Score

Interesting way to whittling down the field

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom